What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
40/47 for a sloppy 87.
Putting killed me today.
Slight swing fix and it is coming together.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Bit of a letdown today with a 40/42 82. Lots of pars but too many BIG numbers.

Walked 9, shot a 63. Not one of my better rounds. Decent off the tee, just made StuPID mistakes that cost me a lot of strokes. First round in a long time where I've had an 11 and a 10. Oh well, try again later. At least I wasn't working!

41-35 on a par 71. 2 really bad unforced double bogeys, but 2 birdies as well. All the damage was done in the first 6holes. Started hitting the ball better on 7 and settled in. Getting fitted for new irons tomorrow, hopefully they will help with my toe miss.

91 with 33 putts first round of the year. Hit the driver much better than expected. The irons left a little to be desired with a number of thin shots over the green.

hungover, running on fumes, I knew before I teed off that it wasn't going to be good. and it wasn't. 95 with 5 penalties. just bad golf on almost every hole. like I completely forgot how to play golf. I'm not meant to take 5 weeks off and expect to pick up where I left off. I need to play often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot 42/44 for an 86 today for my first round outside in 6 weeks. Everything was pretty good except for short game and putting which I suppose is to be expected.

An all over the place 87. Started off well and then hit some bumps in the road for 6 holes in a row. Was fighting picking my head up on chip shots and hurt myself around the green. Hit driver well and had the ball spin back on several greens with the irons. 8 pars on the day, and ended with 3 pars in a row.

Came out of the gates hot this year. Well, kind of. Shot a 38/39-77 (+6) today at Woodlands of Van Buren with 3 other THPers. Started off and ended the round with doubles. A couple bogies sprinkled in during the round and 14 pars. Gave myself tons of chances but being winter golf the greens only let me make putts when they were for par (read: I couldn't make much after a bomb on #2). Said bomb probably got me jump started this year though. Aside from a chunk on #1, a greenside blade on #18, and an impossibly plugged lie in a bunker that was more reminiscent of concrete than sand cost me a couple strokes. Very glad with initial showing tho.

Came out of the gates hot this year. Well, kind of. Shot a 38/39-77 (+6) today at Woodlands of Van Buren with 3 other THPers. Started off and ended the round with doubles. A couple bogies sprinkled in during the round and 14 pars. Gave myself tons of chances but being winter golf the greens only let me make putts when they were for par (read: I couldn't make much after a bomb on #2). Said bomb probably got me jump started this year though. Aside from a chunk on #1, a greenside blade on #18, and an impossibly plugged lie in a bunker that was more reminiscent of concrete than sand cost me a couple strokes. Very glad with initial showing tho.

Solid opening round. Good shooting

What did you shoot today?

With Wyzguy and Golfjunkie71, played a pretty lousy 47/43 90 with no lost balls, no penalties, 36 putts. Just one of those days, occasional good ball striking surrounded by mediocre swings.

*checks calendar*

#SundayAPlayer

Shot 86, 42/44 much better than yesterdays round. More relaxed and just felt at ease today. Played a second 18 just to pace a friend, but didn't score it, I was wiped out by the time the first 18 was done.

+5 on a 9 hole executive course. I was +1 through 6 after a nice birdie. Then I said to my son "I'm going to curse myself by saying this out loud but I just need 1 more birdie and I can have my first even par round ever." I was right, I did curse myself: Double, bogey, bogey from there.

Put up a 47 yesterday. Driving was great but everything else was rusty. Short game showed improvements but I still have work to do. Still I'm happy to have gotten a chance to play in February.

Played a pretty solid round this morning. Shot a 38/43=81. Drove the ball very well and rolled some great putts to save par. Wedges kind of let me down a few times but overall very happy with how the round went.

51/48 for a 99. Took my first lesson afterward. We started on short game. Looking forward to the ride..

45/39 - 84. Couldn't get the driver going on the front side, but didn't miss a fairway on the back. Doubled both par 3s on the back, but was 1 under for the other 7 holes. Couldn't make a putt to save my life today, but can't really complain about the way I struck the ball, especially on the back.

Played the front 9 twice today. +6 first time and +1 second time. Much improved second time around!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Played my first Pro Am today at my local course. Off 17.5 for the day, tees right at the back, pins in the hardest possible spots. Shot 89. Pretty happy with that to be honest. I played with our local trainee pro which was great. Best feeling splitting the fairway a number of times when they were well right or well left.

Snuck out to a local muni near my work. Easy track. 39/38, 8 fir, 8 gir with 31 putts

Just an ugly day, putting was awful. 46/46 92 with 40 putts. No lost balls.

I should have putted with a wedge, as poorly as I played on the greens.

78 today. One double and 2 birdies. 30 putts and 1 3 putt. Pretty decent round all in all.

91 at Heritage Todd Creek.

The good:
41 at the turn with only 12 putts
10 fairways hit
29 putts total
Played smart golf by not overreaching for shots I shouldn't hit. Like all Arthur Hills courses I have played there is room 50 yards in front of all greens where there is no trouble. I played to this spot on approaches over 200 yds and pin hunted with my 54* wedge.
This will be my new home course next year as it is 3 miles from my homesite to the clubhouse.

The bad:
Best drive of the day still was only 225yds.
2 doubles and a triple on back when I blew my front 9 strategy.
USGA says this round does not count (played as a single). Screw them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back