How much would you pay to play.....

I think pebble beach is like 450 to play? I would pay that without issue so it's scary to think what I'd pay to play augusta

I think pebble beach is like 450 to play? I would pay that without issue so it's scary to think what I'd pay to play augusta

Haha totally agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is the rate if you stay on property. Isn't rack like $550. Don't forget the caddie cost. I honestly can't imagine ever trying to play ANGC with out one when it comes to putting.

The interesting thing about Augusta being at the top of everyone's list is that to play there would almost certainly cost nothing. The only two viable ways to play are to be a guest of a member, or to be a Masters volunteer. Or, of course, qualify for the Masters. I played there in 1984 as a guest of a member, and the only thing that came out of my pocket was a tip to the caddy (which I was told not to do because the member does that), who was so good for me that I had to slip him something.

The interesting thing about Augusta being at the top of everyone's list is that to play there would almost certainly cost nothing. The only two viable ways to play are to be a guest of a member, or to be a Masters volunteer. Or, of course, qualify for the Masters. I played there in 1984 as a guest of a member, and the only thing that came out of my pocket was a tip to the caddy (which I was told not to do because the member does that), who was so good for me that I had to slip him something.

Ha that's a pretty good point. Same as with most of the others honestly but I'm sure they all have posted guest fees.

I think in the past they have actually auctioned off a few rounds for charity the week after the masters but I could be wrong about that.

West coast bump

Augusta National: $700
Oakmont CC: $500
Firestone CC: $100 (You can get on here if you are a Club Corp member for cart fee, I would play as a guest).
Shinnecock Hills: $500
Merion CC: $500 (This is on my short list of places to play)
Muirfield CC: $500
Riviera CC: $250

Adding
Pine Valley: $750
Cypress Point: $750

dang guys, I complain about paying $50 locally!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

dang guys, I complain about paying $50 locally!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
So do I, my friend.
But these are kinda like a "One and done" list, and a bucket list of sorts. So cost allowance goes up.

The most I would pay is $500 and these are the three:

Augusta
Sand Hills
Shinnecock

All of the stands, scoreboards, sinage etc would be setup....could be a seriously amazing experience.

Yes it would, especially as I send hooks and slices, toe and heel shots, and wormburners punching little holes through everything......Yikes! :(

So in the end it would probably cost me much more than the greens fee :(

Recently I got into a discussion in a different thread about PGA Tour courses, primarily private courses that most people can't get onto. I was surprised to find out that more than a few people wouldn't be willing to pay $150 (or more) to get out and play certain courses the tour plays. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I know $$$ plays a factor too. However, there are certain courses I would pay or try and pay quite a bit of money to get out onto, especially if the tour had just played there or is about to. All of the stands, scoreboards, sinage etc would be setup....could be a seriously amazing experience.

I'm intrigued to know which courses and how much my fellow THPers would be willing to pay out to play your dream courses....

Here are a few examples:

Augusta National:
Oakmont CC:
Firestone CC:
Shinnecock Hills:
Merion CC:
Muirfield CC:
Riviera CC:

you get the point......fire away!! Feel free to add your own too!

I guess I am not sure what I would be willing to pay to play any of these courses. I am willing to pay to play and have no problem paying $200 for a round of golf if it is at great course. For augusta I know I'd be willing to pay upwards of $150. the others I don't know. If it is by myself I wouldn't be willing to pay as high but if I am with group of friends/THPers I know I personally would be willing to pay more. My thought is I am paying for the memories and with friends/THPers I would be willing to pay more for those memories.

Back