Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering another new fairway wood I can't find anything that I love.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Me too...thinking about the baffler Rickie had, m2, f6, ltd, xr16

This just seems wrong. You deserve a solid fairway. What's going on? What's missing?

My opinion: 8. 1. 6.

Let's talk. Send me a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In order, imo, it goes XR, C200, then 850. XR with cup face technology changed the game. Flx face in the C200 is spectacular. 850 didn't really wow me personally. Any chance you could get a fitting with a credit towards purchase?

Thanks for the feedback.

I hit the XR Sat at Carl's. Effortless, and surprised how well they held the line into a 2-3 club headwind. A lightweight shaft that held up exceptionally well. Hit the BB, just because, and after 4 swings they were all over the place.
Carl's definitely does fittings with partial credit I believe toward purchase.

Heavenwood... GBB or V? This will go down by months end!

The GBB Heavenwood is my go to club. I frickin' love that thing. I don't think you can go wrong either way though :D

I like the v series HW. GBB is nice if you want more or less loft.

The GBB Heavenwood is my go to club. I frickin' love that thing. I don't think you can go wrong either way though :D

I like the v series HW. GBB is nice if you want more or less loft.

Haha... Have both of you hit both versions?

Of course, and I stand by my thoughts. Both are great clubs but never once when trying the v series did I think less or higher loft would have made a difference. I would still be playing one if I could have found a heavier head and shaft combo

I've only hit the GBB, but have heard nothing but positive things about the V series version!

Of course, and I stand by my thoughts. Both are great clubs but never once when trying the v series did I think less or higher loft would have made a difference. I would still be playing one if I could have found a heavier head and shaft combo

The GBB HW head is slightly heavier, right?

I'm not much of a tinkerer. I typically buy a club, set it and forget it. Basically you guys are saying that I couldn't go wrong with either then?

The GBB HW head is slightly heavier, right?

I would have to say yes but still to light since it's made to be combined with longer lightweight shaft

I'm not much of a tinkerer. I typically buy a club, set it and forget it. Basically you guys are saying that I couldn't go wrong with either then?

I went with the GBB version because I wanted to use it at 19*. At that loft it was a perfect replacement for my XR 3H. If it doesn't make a difference to you, then I"d say the V series is probably the right one. I know Mark_UK just got one on CPO for $80 so they can be had for cheap!

Yes. If you're looking at price v series is good. If not then GBB is newer and might be a bit more forgiving if that's possible

Alex would you say the V series was actually easier to hit then for you? I read all of your comments in the GBB thread and I'm thinking I probably consider myself to like a heavier feeling club like you do except not an x flex shaft.

Yes. If you're looking at price v series is good. If not then GBB is newer and might be a bit more forgiving if that's possible

I NEED Forgiveness! But would it be measurable?

Alex would you say the V series was actually easier to hit then for you? I read all of your comments in the GBB thread and I'm thinking I probably consider myself to like a heavier feeling club like you do except not an x flex shaft.

Yeah. When I had the v series I used a 73g stiff Fuji pro cut down to 7w length and 4 strips of lead tape even placed on the sole of club. Felt great

Which one did you get? I put my G2 back in this morning and wondered why I had removed it. I'd really like a G5 as well.

Which one did you get? I put my G2 back in this morning and wondered why I had removed it. I'd really like a G5 as well.

Went with the G5. But it was a touch choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back