If I were forced to choose an option, I'd choose option 3 as I'd like to get to know the course, rather than just play 3 new courses blind. But it really doesn't matter to me all that much and certainly wouldn't change how excited I am for this get together.

Cmon everyone! Comment and let us know. Wedge and I had an arduous meeting to get this far! And Wedge took time off from his 4 week vacation to plan this. #HardLife

~Rock
Actually it was 7.5 weeks of vacation. #ineededit

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'd vote option 3... Harvester is gorgeous, and I don't think otter creek is anything special for those making the journey. Unless they really upgraded it after the remodel.

I'd go with option 3 first and option 2 second.

Option #3 is 1 / option #1 is my 2nd choice

Option 3 for me but would also do option 1

Last edited:
Don't know any of those courses but would say 36 on one course instead of 3 different ones, so I guess 1 or 3. Are we set on straight alt shot? I think Pinehurst (modified or not) is more fun.

I like......

Option #2 - 18 Holes on Saturday at The Legacy
18 Holes on Saturday at Otter Creek
18 Holes on Sunday at The Harvester
Lodging in Ankeny

As this gives us 3 different courses and more affordable lodging options.

Option 1 would be my next choice.

P.S. If it's in June I won't be able to attend.

I'm torn between option 1 and option 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm partial to option 2, but have no problem at all with the other options.

I'm not sure if I'll be making this one this year but if I can/do I'd prefer option #3 then #1 for 2nd choice. I'll be going to AR July 15th to meet my biker buds.

I'm not sure if I'll be making this one this year but if I can/do I'd prefer option #3 then #1 for 2nd choice. I'll be going to AR July 15th to meet my biker buds.
Bulldog!

Option 1 or 3 for me I don't mind either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Option #3, then option #1. End of June works for me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Option 3 then 1 for me. Late june is good. Early July is a no go for me. Mid July is possible with some arrangements.

I vote for option 3 just because I will never be number 1 at anything and second place sucks.

Option 3 or option 1.

I vote for option 3 just because I will never be number 1 at anything and second place sucks.

Your logic makes perfect sense. :bulgy-eyes:
:alien:

If I were forced to choose an option, I'd choose option 3 as I'd like to get to know the course, rather than just play 3 new courses blind. But it really doesn't matter to me all that much and certainly wouldn't change how excited I am for this get together.
Agreed, and I love the idea of staying on property, assuming we could get enough people to split the lodging costs enough.

I'm no statistician, but I believe there is better than a majority of people who want option 3.

~Rock

As the Mayor points out option 3 has a majority. Based on what IceyShanks got from the course. With 16 players hotel for 2 nights is 150 per player. 36 holes on Saturday is 160. 18 holes Sunday is 79. That's 239 for golf. Food and drink on top of that. Plus if everyone wanted to go play sim golf. Staying in the course housing would allow Tammy to come and cook dinner as she has the last 2 years.

Scheduling appears like it will be in June. Only other option would be August.

Is everyone still up for option 3? Option 3 with modifications?

I'd like to see rounds at The Legacy and Harvester because even if a course is fantastic, it's nice to get some variety....but obviously majority wins.

I'd like to see rounds at The Legacy and Harvester because even if a course is fantastic, it's nice to get some variety....but obviously majority wins.
The Legacy is a good course. The Harvester is a good course. 3 Rounds of Harvester will be a test of endurance. Plus lodging in Altoona will be much cheaper.

I'm good with whatever everyone else comes to an agreement on. Though I have to agree with Dhartmann that a little variety would be nice. I'm maybe a bit more cost conscious than some, as that's what my wife will want to know more than anything. So, anyway that I can save some cash, the better. The only down side with this is, if it comes down to June, then I'll have to bow out. Other than that, I'll stay in for the time being.

Last edited:

Just come early and play Legacy on Friday.

Back