Fairway, F9 vs Epic Flash SZ

GC70

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking at getting some new fairways. I'd love to here some feed back on guys that have gamed or tried these two already this year.

Thanks

Wow. Nobody has tried these out?

Id check with the individual review threads there should be experiences listed in there

I freaking love my Flash SZ 3 wood, but haven't hit the F9 so cant help you here.

Id check with the individual review threads there should be experiences listed in there

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I freaking love my Flash SZ 3 wood, but haven't hit the F9 so cant help you here.

What do you like about it and what did you game before?

What do you like about it and what did you game before?

Had an Alpha 816 4 wood before.

I've posted detailed thoughts in the Epic Flash Fairways thread but in a nutshell:
-great ball speed
-amazing sound/feel
-majestic ball flight
-i just seem to hit it very straight

I've not hit the Flash but I just ordered myself a F9 3w tonight. I enjoy the sound of the Cobra F9 line quite a bit and like the feel more than my current Rogue. Just based on reviews I've seen I'm going to guess the F9 will spin a bit more but is probably a touch more forgiving since the Flash SSZ has the weight in front and the F9 has the weight in the back. I've not seen any reviews or feedback on the F9 Tour Fairway. That is probably a more direct comparison to the Flash SZ.

I haven't hit the Epic but I loved the feel and consistency of the F9 3w (and 5w) when I hit it. There will be a lot more first hand experience on the F9 line in another week or two btw from MC

I have the regular Flash 3w. My comments very closely mirror Armygolf’s. I have not hit the F9. I games an F7, then the Rogue. The Rogue 3w was better for me. The Flash 3w is better than both of those. Super easy to hit off the deck. Great off the tee. Great distance. Sound and feel are very good

Of those two....

Go hit the M5 or M6.

That’s just based on what I’ve seen so far. Not knocking anybody.

I just purchased new fairway woods sat. I suggest hitting the Tour Egde EXS series. I hit the Rogue, Flash, Apex, M6, and the EXS and my numbers were best with the EXS and they are $100 cheaper because they do not pay players to play their clubs but MANY tour players have a Tour Edge in their bag.

Of those two....

Go hit the M5 or M6.

M5 was very nice, but not $400 nice!

M5 was very nice, but not $400 nice!

150% trade in on ANY clubs for the win!

150% trade in on ANY clubs for the win!

Any more detail on this? 150% trade-in for any club when buying new TM fairways? Is this everywhere (PGA Superstore, etc)? Thanks.

Any more detail on this? 150% trade-in for any club when buying new TM fairways? Is this everywhere (PGA Superstore, etc)? Thanks.

TM is running it through their trade in program, 150% trade when buying any new M5/M6 product. They even send you the shipping label for your trade.

I got mine for 0.00

Of those two....

Go hit the M5 or M6.

i was pretty much going to say the same, but it was outside op’s parameters.

i haven’t hit f9 yet, but i owned f8 and i have hit standard flash (not sz).

i’ve owned a fair number of fairways over the years. i need real reps with the m6 beyond the fitting before i can speak definitively, but the numbers were bonkers for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back