The Golf Ramble Thread

What other courses? Might be able to ask around

Drumm Farm, River Oaks, Liberty Hills, Leavenworth Golf Club and The Oaks (also in Leavenworth). It looks like they are affiliated with Staley Farms, Canyon Farm (used to be the Golf Club of Kansas) and St. Joseph Country Club.

Still haven't finalized the deal yet, so it could all remain just the way it's been.

Drumm Farm, River Oaks, Liberty Hills, Leavenworth Golf Club and The Oaks (also in Leavenworth). It looks like they are affiliated with Staley Farms, Canyon Farm (used to be the Golf Club of Kansas) and St. Joseph Country Club.

Still haven't finalized the deal yet, so it could all remain just the way it's been.

I know some folks at drumm farm i can find out

changing my swing from one I didn't have a clue where the ball was going to one that puts the ball on target has severely taken away club head speed and distance. Accuracy is king but it's gonna take a bit to adjust to this distance loss.

If I lengthen my irons by 3/4 inch what does that do to lie angle.

Should make them 1.25 more up right if I remember correctly it's 1* for every 1/2inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunny and 55* here tomorrow and I can't find one single person willing to go play...so I'm going without them. Maybe I'll get paired up with some decent folks. Time to find new people to golf with anyway.

Been working on improving my downswing over the winter. Pretty much swinging with a inch from the wall with the head of my club. Seems to be working, haven't hit the wall yet, so that's a bonus.

changing my swing from one I didn't have a clue where the ball was going to one that puts the ball on target has severely taken away club head speed and distance. Accuracy is king but it's gonna take a bit to adjust to this distance loss.

Should make them 1.25 more up right if I remember correctly it's 1* for every 1/2inch.

Changing your swing will always take some distance off at first. But if it's fundamentally sound, once you ingrain your new swing and your muscles get adjusted, you should be getting your distance back, or even hitting it farther. I wouldn't tinker with the clubs first.

Fat shots on top of fat shots with my irons yesterday, it's my most despised miss and kills my confidence. I know I just need a day on the range to get adjusted to new irons, but my local driving ranges are closed for the season so I'm stuck playing bad rounds of golf until it warms up. I'm really really ready to get my hour of afternoon sunshine back and the warm temps that come with it.

Has anyone heard of or dealt with Great Life Golf and Fitness? Looks like they are buying three of our courses (Painted Hills included). They own eight other courses in the area and it looks like a lot more elsewhere.
Looks like this deal is going to go through. Maybe. Here it is two weeks later and it keeps getting pushed back, two or three days at a time.

We're to the point that we have to hire staff and decide who is going to stay on as a marshal. Hard to do when you don't know what policies and budgets are. So we're just going to wing it and do what we need to do so we aren't smothered like we were all of last season.

When the heck did people start calling a first drive in the fairway, a fairway in regulation?

The PGA Tour calls it a hit fairway, not a FIR. Green in Regulation I get, and it's a term the Tour uses. I can even get it when people say they hit 10 greens, it means they had 10 GIR's that round.

FIR just doesn't sound right to me. Now someone might say "but you can hit a fairway if you hit three off the tee and that's not in regulation" but I have never considered that a fairway hit anyway! Just as you wouldn't say you hit the green if it took you five shots to do it.

end rant

Lydia Ko is an unbelievable putter.

Looks like this deal is going to go through. Maybe. Here it is two weeks later and it keeps getting pushed back, two or three days at a time.

We're to the point that we have to hire staff and decide who is going to stay on as a marshal. Hard to do when you don't know what policies and budgets are. So we're just going to wing it and do what we need to do so we aren't smothered like we were all of last season.

It's official. Painted Hills joins Great Life Golf KC. We spent the day in meetings with them today and it looks like a real good deal for everyone.

Hopefully it all ends up beneficial for you and the wife Smalls!

Hopefully it all ends up beneficial for you and the wife Smalls!

I think it will. And now, instead of three other courses to play, we have at least five. Possibly more. Not that we play much other than our course though!

I think we are going to be selling a buttload of memberships now that they pay monthly instead of in a lump sum.

I think it will. And now, instead of three other courses to play, we have at least five. Possibly more. Not that we play much other than our course though!

I think we are going to be selling a buttload of memberships now that they pay monthly instead of in a lump sum.

So with your members now, would a new membership be inclusive of all 5 courses? That would be pretty awesome IMHO. Wish something like that existed up here.

So with your members now, would a new membership be inclusive of all 5 courses? That would be pretty awesome IMHO. Wish something like that existed up here.

Yep. Whatever membership you get at one, is good at the other five. So you pay $100 a month and you can play any course, any time and with a cart. You pay $50 a month, you play any course, any time but have to rent the cart. You can walk for free.

The golf ramble thread

Wow..that swing thought that they just mentioned from Sergio of pulling down on a chain with your left hand on your downswing might be the best thing I've ever heard for me. Started trying to do it and it instantly clicked for me. Felt so much quicker through the strike zone. Will be interesting to see if it actually helps with head speed/distance while hitting real golf balls but seems like a great swing thought for me.

Wow..that swing thought that they just mentioned from Sergio of pulling down on a chain with your left hand on your downswing might be the best thing I've ever heard for me. Started trying to do it and it instantly clicked for me. Felt so much quicker through the strike zone. Will be interesting to see if it actually helps with head speed/distance while hitting real golf balls but seems like a great swing thought for me.

Ive heard something similar from others and haven't really tried it because I already fight starting swing with upper body and have ben scared that it would lead to bigger pulls.

Ive heard something similar from others and haven't really tried it because I already fight starting swing with upper body and have ben scared that it would lead to bigger pulls.

It actually falls in line with how I swing to start with, and just puts me in the right position lag wise. Mid summer I had about 10-15 more yards consistently and randomly dropped off and I didn't know what happened. I think I was doing something like that before and just stopped but didn't realize it. We'll see how it works tomorrow

Getting on plane and ingraining it is a b*tch.

It actually falls in line with how I swing to start with, and just puts me in the right position lag wise. Mid summer I had about 10-15 more yards consistently and randomly dropped off and I didn't know what happened. I think I was doing something like that before and just stopped but didn't realize it. We'll see how it works tomorrow

thats awesome. Extra yardage is hard to come by. My instructor and I figure something's out with my swing and as I engrain them I may look at this as well especially as I can consistently keep my backswing "compact"

My bunker play today sucked. I was in four bunkers and it took me two shots to get out of three of them. Horrid.

Yep. Whatever membership you get at one, is good at the other five. So you pay $100 a month and you can play any course, any time and with a cart. You pay $50 a month, you play any course, any time but have to rent the cart. You can walk for free.

That's a crazy awesome price for 5 course options

Yes it is keep working dude, the struggle is worth it

So so so so tough.
I've come a LONG way from where I started but I keep relapsing to an inside takeaway that kills my iron play.

Had a foursome check in at 12:11. Probably got out about 12:20. They just headed to #10 3 hours later.

They must have let about seven groups behind them through, because on one complained.

Good swings mixed with not so good swings makes range sessions entertaining. I love golf.

Back