THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Bumping this for anybody that missed the post.
The company making this event possible and one lucky THPer from here, will be headed to their HQ. The knowledge in this episode is straight up "anti-internet" talk from one of the brightest shaft minds in the world.

This was my favorite one so far. If Don wants to come to the Boston area in June, tickets for the Sox are on me. There's a matinee the Thursday before the event.

Just ordered myself an early birthday present.
48c0766aac45317757394c27245a2410.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A ton of great discussion going on about that putter here - http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...73-Cleveland-Golf-TFi-2135-THP-Review-Thread/ - good place to leave your thoughts once you get it.

I've read through that thread past couple days. I'll be sure to add my thoughts once I get a acquainted with it. Had to buy sight unseen since nobody local had one in stock.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Question:

You and your partner are +3 thru 12 you lose the next three holes. Only 3 holes to play, what do you do to bounce back and turn the tide back in your favor?

Buy them a few complimentary beverages?

I think it helps to stay steady. Pick your target and swing freely at it etc. Eventually your opponent will stumble somewhat and open the door for you to regain control of the match.

Now if you are melting down and giving it away, maybe mix up the routine or order etc. Take your mind off of the bad holes and focus on the shot at hand.

As the captains get ready to round out there teams I get more and more excited about this event. Is it selection day yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the captains get ready to round out there teams I get more and more excited about this event. Is it selection day yet?

and I pull more and more hair out.

THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

That makes two of us my friend.

Dont worry I sent some stuff to cure that for you....delayed shipment means it wont arrive until late june....damn usps

Dont worry I sent some stuff to cure that for you....delayed shipment means it wont arrive until late june....damn usps

probably sent it 2 day shipping too. They always lie haha

Question:

You and your partner are +3 thru 12 you lose the next three holes. Only 3 holes to play, what do you do to bounce back and turn the tide back in your favor?

It's grind time. Reset, refocus, and dig deep. Keep telling yourself that it only takes one swing to snap momentum back in your favor.

And when that doesn't work, find the cart girl and order 27 shots of Jameson.

Buy them a few complimentary beverages?

I think it helps to stay steady. Pick your target and swing freely at it etc. Eventually your opponent will stumble somewhat and open the door for you to regain control of the match.

Now if you are melting down and giving it away, maybe mix up the routine or order etc. Take your mind off of the bad holes and focus on the shot at hand.

Get them drunk and show them how comfy the Kentwool boxer briefs are!

If they're just going nuts with birdies, just be steady and keep playing your game. If you're blowing up, try to take that part out of your game.

Loved the coverage at the Kentwool Kickoff Classic this weekend, some great golf played and loved seeing Brianmk24 get it down, sounded like he was lethal on the greens everytime I read a post it was yada yada yada Brian drained his putt! Great job man.

I got out yesterday myself but it was a tale of two nines in more than one way, played in a match with 6 teams, 4 guys a piece, best 2 balls. We came in third losing by 2 and I didn't help a ton on the front, the greens weren't holding(still frozen) until hole 9 then they were receptive enough for direct approaches. I ended up with a 45 on the front, but made a big turnaround on the back with a 37, and actually after a double on number 11, I had birdie putts on 12, 13, and 14, but I only converted 14. It felt so good to actually be able to make a full swing and go at a flagstick and not worry about it bounding off the green. Spring can't come soon enough!

There must not have been too much coverage of Sunday's back nine. :sick: Thank goodness for partners!

You leave that poor sheep alone.

You captains ready to
Make selections?

I'm excited to see who rounds out team NJ/NY. Whether I'm actually playing won't determine whether or not I'm apart of the team! I'll be pushing Maddog hard to get ready for this event and I'll be there in full support.

I really can't wait to see the rest of the teams also. Rounding out the teams, Spring approaching, things are going to be turned up a notch.

Yes spring.......mating season ............and I'm hoping to match up with team NY/NJ :)

Am I the only one the finds this ummm...odd?

You captains ready to
Make selections?

Tough decisions, but really looking forward to rounding out the team. Have gotten good feedback from the rest of the team and I'm nearing ready.

Looking forward to seeing the teams picked and the countdown to game day begin.

Am I the only one the finds this ummm...odd?

it was suppose to be....odd.
I was hoping I wouldn't have to explain the humor of the joke.
You know..."spring" is comming....wildlife choosing a "mate" to match up in the spring. And here we are looking to be a Team"mate"...get it? no?...oh well, not all my jokes are funny:0 But I try :) what can ya do?

Last edited:
Signed up for another lesson Saturday, really happy with my new swing so far and the work that's finally paying off. Is it too early to say we're over the snow hump? I know there is still time for us to get hammered with snow, but I think that time is running out!

No more lessons for me until I make progress on the next phase of my swing improvement. Any additional lessons, at this point, would be a waste of time. I need to work on these drills. On the plus side, I'm seeing serious improvement in my putting.

No more lessons for me until I make progress on the next phase of my swing improvement. Any additional lessons, at this point, would be a waste of time. I need to work on these drills. On the plus side, I'm seeing serious improvement in my putting.

Good putting wins holes and matches, that's great to hear.

Back