Indoor Putting Practice

KY Golfer

It's for Kentucky, Lol #Paradise4Life
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Bourbon
Finished my BirdieBall indoor putting green. Nothing to fancy, just something to work on the stroke while its freezing outside. 3ft x 16ft.
I love the green itself. Seems to role very true and I can definitely tell a difference in the grain directions. I guess all my putting excuses
are gone. If anyone is interested in something similar, I have plans I made with dimensions, just let me know and I can send them to you.

1 - 3ft x 16ft BirdieBall Putting Green w/ Stance Mat & Hole Cutter (I cut my own holes)
2 - 4x8 sheets of plywood, MDF or Particle Board cut to 3ft (I went Particle Board since I had no plans of walking on it, cheaper)
5 - 2x6 (I couldn't find any straight 2x16's worth using)
6 - 2x4 (For Particle Board support underneath)
2 - Rolls of Carpet Tape
2 - 4" High x 4.25" Diameter Golf Cups

Last edited:
Looks great. Nice way to roll a few when weather doesn't allow.

Very nice setup!

Finished my BirdieBall indoor putting green. Nothing to fancy, just something to work on the stroke while its freezing outside. 3ft x 16ft.
I love the green itself. Seems to role very true and I can definitely tell a difference in the grain directions. I guess all my putting excuses
are gone.

Right on !

Very nice job.

put a matt off from the end and you can hit little spinners that release to the hole. Then fix the wall dent s from the bladder ones....okay, maybe that was me when i had something like this in my basement back when i lived in Virginia....the chips got better, the patches got fewer...and i got good at drywall work

put a matt off from the end and you can hit little spinners that release to the hole. Then fix the wall dent s from the bladder ones....okay, maybe that was me when i had something like this in my basement back when i lived in Virginia....the chips got better, the patches got fewer...and i got good at drywall work

Definitely planning on doing some chipping for sure. I will probably put something on the other end to keep from cracking drywall on the scolds. LOL!!!!

Definitely planning on doing some chipping for sure. I will probably put something on the other end to keep from cracking drywall on the scolds. LOL!!!!

lol, I was single back then, no scolds

That looks great. Great way to have a good putter feel come spring.

That looks great. Great way to have a good putter feel come spring.

I just got my Evnroll ER5B and wanted to have it ready for game time.

Well done. Looks like I have another project on my honey do list. And this one will be OK, since she loves to play as well.

Very cool. I've had mine setup for 3+ years now, although I just had to move it because of the new furniture we got.... A little surgery was required to fit the heating vent but I use it almost daily and hit short chips a lot. Been a great practice tool!
55ff91e7466e65e68dd61850a71b7461.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That looks really good, great job!

i just have a 3.5' x 14' mat and use the putt-out pressure trainer for the hole. My floor isn't completely level, so if I put the putt-out on one end its a left to right putt, if I put it on the other end its a right to left putt, lol.

i just have a 3.5' x 14' mat and use the putt-out pressure trainer for the hole. My floor isn't completely level, so if I put the putt-out on one end its a left to right putt, if I put it on the other end its a right to left putt, lol.

I had the same issue so I made sure to level each cross member to the outer frame so that the plywood was pretty level. I can always add something under each side to give me the option of the breaking putts. I put it up off the floor so I could use a regular cup to see the balls go in. I mainly wanted it to practice the stroke and roll off the face. I love it tho, going to spend a lot of time on it for sure.

nice job with the setup

Very cool. I've had mine setup for 3+ years now, although I just had to move it because of the new furniture we got.... A little surgery was required to fit the heating vent but I use it almost daily and hit short chips a lot. Been a great practice tool!
55ff91e7466e65e68dd61850a71b7461.jpg

This is also a BirdieBall green? Looks pretty good for 3+ years of almost daily use. I've been contemplating one of these for a while now but worried about durability based on some comments.

This is also a BirdieBall green? Looks pretty good for 3+ years of almost daily use. I've been contemplating one of these for a while now but worried about durability based on some comments.

I thought about one for a while also. I purposely bought the standing mats so I didn't have to walk on the actual putting surface hoping this would also help with durability.

Yeah mine has been great. I even chip off of it. Obviously I'm not taking divots or anything. But yeah, my robot vacuum keeps it clean for me. I do not wear shoes on it. Certainly was a great purchase for me.

Great looking set up.

I am keeping track of what you guys that have to endure winter do to try and keep your game from becoming too rusty.

I don't need it now, but if I get stuck moving somewhere cold I want stuff to show the CFO to justify the expenses.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Nice looking setup. I have been pondering building one of those. Just gotta get the wife to buy off on it.

Nice looking setup. I have been pondering building one of those. Just gotta get the wife to buy off on it.

I was lucky to have the room in the basement. As long as it was going down there, my Wife was fine with it. LOL!!

As many have said, looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back