Question About Matrix Oxik TP7HD Shaft on new R11 3 Wood

uman

Oldest guy in the room
Reaction score
Handicap
back srg'y
I have a brand new Taylormade R11 #3 WOOD with a new matrix ozik TP7HD White Shaft in X flex. It is a 14 degree loft not entirely sure if this is a tour head or a standard Taylormade TP head. I think it might be a tour head. The marking on the heel has T 3-14 Serial TF02497. . Can always call taylormade to see if this may be a tour head.

At this time there is no way I can play the specs in this shaft . I think this was at least a $650 or more shaft at retail, some say $1.000.00 but the 1.000.00 price point may be for the next generation TP7HDE .

Does anyone have any idea what this new club might be worth? Thanks in advance

Hard to say... tphd shaft was 650 at retail when launched but that was few years ago. I can't see this club being worth more than 150 to 200 at most

Hard to say... tphd shaft was 650 at retail when launched but that was few years ago. I can't see this club being worth more than 150 to 200 at most

Thanks for that. I called taylormade customer service and tried to verify if the head was indeed a so called tour head. I gave him the T 3 -14 marking below the tip adapter on the heel side as well as the Serial # TF02497. He was not that friendly and said more than once it is very likely a so called " Tour Head". I kept politely pressing him to look it up and he said he did not have the data list. Any opinion on whether it is a tour head ?? I got the club from a friend who got it from his nephew who is a teaching professional for a couple of the Korean LPGA players in his employ. His nephew said it was a tour head.

That tour head issue does not mean much to me, but should add some value in the eyes of certain buyers. I quickly discovered that at this point in time the shaft would wear me out and is not a good match.

So I did some research on tour head identifiers. The T3-14 marking and the TFxxxxx type of serial numbers are the ones used for a R11 Tour Head. This one is a Tour Head . At some point will put this on Ebay.

Last edited:
Back