Favorite Golf Quote

"Oh sh!t."

Me, numerous times during a round.

Whoever said "Practice make man perfect" obviously never played golf.

Any of Lee Trevino's they're funny but they ring true.

"Nice shot." Feels good to give it, feels great to receive it.

This is a sit back and watch thread for me. I haven't been around the game long enough to pick up any quotes, but some of these are really good.

"The best way to a good score is an eraser" - Arnold Palmer

"What some people get from poetry I get from the flight of a good drive." -- Arnold Palmer

Basically anything Harvey Penick ever said.

Just tap it in

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad." - A. A. Milne

"Foooooorrrre" !!

Sorry I'm gonna be the guy who can't just have one:

"Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course - the distance between your ears." Bobby Jones

"The more I practice, the luckier I get." Gary Player

"If you're caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron." Lee Trevino

"Golf is the most fun you can have without taking your clothes off." Chi Chi Rodriguez

d67137b0bb100d93dedb256391c918d0.jpg

"Practice won't stop you from throwing a club, but it will inspire you to go retrieve it and try the throw again."

Mine was a random, spontaneous quote received so unexpectedly.

Only mention now that the man happened to be Asian as English as a second language relates to his exact words and distinct delivery.

Years ago while minding my own business and swinging away at the range, this instructor casually and very briefly stopped behind me. I'd seen him numerous times while giving instruction, he seemed very knowledgeable and capable.

I stopped for just a moment and turned to him when he said fairly loudly,

"Swing.. NO HIT!"

He was absolutely right and ever since, like a chorus of admonishment and support, his words echo through my mind whether at practice or play.

Best lesson I never had.

Julius Boros. "Play golf with an effortless swing". Great book, too.

“Swing hard in case you hit it”

No one who ever had lessons would have a swing like mine.

Lee Trevino

The problem with your drive was that you're standing too close to the ball (take a brief pause and say) after you hit it

Not my favorite, but Tiger actually had a joke ....

“Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps.” – Tiger Woods

"Never, not once, not in all my years of playing and commentating on golf have I ever seen the hole move towards the ball." - Peter Alliss after Tiger Woods left a putt short at St. Andrews

"Does your husband play?" - Me, after a mate has left a 10 footer 2 feet short.

Pretty much identical, IMO

Don't follow a bad shot with another bad shot.

Adapt or Die.

Back