Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

I'm going to give it another shot another day. I'm not writing it off as the feel is phenomenal and I do like the looks of it. Plus I want to find the 6.5 and 1.0- which I think I'd like better for me anyways. It was a beautiful putter. I was just surprised at how my mind handled it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the prior pages I shared numerous instances of struggling with the alignment line, wishing it was a little longer, etc. Then there's a post where I quit fixating on it and just saw/trusted the line, and I made everything. Maybe it was happenstance. Maybe not.

Don't sweat it Tim, it took me a few minutes to get passed it and when you do it works wonderfully

In the prior pages I shared numerous instances of struggling with the alignment line, wishing it was a little longer, etc. Then there's a post where I quit fixating on it and just saw/trusted the line, and I made everything. Maybe it was happenstance. Maybe not.

Hoping this happens next time I roll it my man.

Don't sweat it Tim, it took me a few minutes to get passed it and when you do it works wonderfully

The reviews are overwhelmingly positive for good reason. I'm going to give it another shot soon, just not pulling the trigger yet.

The reviews are overwhelmingly positive for good reason. I'm going to give it another shot soon, just not pulling the trigger yet.

I have the 6.5 and it set up better than the others for me. I did order a SS Pistol GT grip and can wait to put it on as my only complaint was the stock grip wasn't for me

I have the 6.5 and it set up better than the others for me. I did order a SS Pistol GT grip and can wait to put it on as my only complaint was the stock grip wasn't for me

I'm a little more straight back and through so this one seems like it might be a better fit. At the same time my regular gamer is a blade 1.0 like- and of course the 8.0 was the only model at the store haha

Got another 18 in today with the 1.0. 32 putts total today. Our greens are quite bumpy right now as they have not rolled them, but I didn't miss any putts inside of 8 feet. This is an improvement for me. My putts that where outside of that I left within 3 feet for lags which I can deal with.
I feel more comfortable with the grip, ( it was a bit uncomfortable at first since it is a bit bigger than my TM) I found where is rest comfortable in my hands and it has just worked.
This will stay in the bag and I think my putting will only get better, I do think the raised alignment line has helped me personally. :clapp:

Got another 18 in today with the 1.0. 32 putts total today. Our greens are quite bumpy right now as they have not rolled them, but I didn't miss any putts inside of 8 feet. This is an improvement for me. My putts that where outside of that I left within 3 feet for lags which I can deal with.
I feel more comfortable with the grip, ( it was a bit uncomfortable at first since it is a bit bigger than my TM) I found where is rest comfortable in my hands and it has just worked.
This will stay in the bag and I think my putting will only get better, I do think the raised alignment line has helped me personally. :clapp:

Solid update dude! Glad it's working!

Got another 18 in today, putter was working great (the only part of the game that was today). Lot of lag putting for me today as I wasn't finding pins at all. Was leaving them all within 3-4 feet which I am okay with as I only missed one of those putts. (didn't see the suttle break :banghead:) Overall very please with this putter, feels good off the face, lines up easily. I let my playing partner roll a few putts, he is not a fan of blade putters, but liked it and was liking the raised alignment. He did say it seemed like I was lining my putts up much better than what I previously did. :clapp:

Got to roll this for a bit today while at PGASS. I either aim left when I set up for my putts, or I was pulling it every time. Felt good off the face, but it was pretty frustrating to miss left every time!

Got to roll this for a bit today while at PGASS. I either aim left when I set up for my putts, or I was pulling it every time. Felt good off the face, but it was pretty frustrating to miss left every time!

Shows ya how crappy your normal aim really is. He-He.

Playing tomorrow with the Garsen. We shall see.

Took a ride today to Golf and Ski. Weird experience with the 8.0. I actually didn't like the alignment aid. I really expected to. I found myself actually overly concerned with the alignment and really did not putt well. After struggling, I grabbed a model similar to my gamer, and started making everything. I guess it makes me overthink things. Not completely against it, but not as sold as I thought I'd be.

What I've been talking about with alignment for me may work. I was the same way when starting using the 2135. What helped me a lot was finding this triangulation. Lining up the white corners (makes up the triangle) to make that I guess is what I try to do. It's a little deeper with the 6.5 though.
7db254c00308e338fae55b270ebeb757.jpg

What I've been talking about with alignment for me may work. I was the same way when starting using the 2135. What helped me a lot was finding this triangulation. Lining up the white corners (makes up the triangle) to make that I guess is what I try to do. It's a little deeper with the 6.5 though.

Thanks man! When I get this one in hand again I'll try this out

Shows ya how crappy your normal aim really is. He-He.

Playing tomorrow with the Garsen. We shall see.

I suspect that you will like the Garsen. The MAX is on my 6.5 and 8.0. Gives me the most natural pendulum swing and it's like money in the bank. If you never used a Garsen before it may take you a while to get use to the grip - it did for me. Let us know how it works out for you.

I had that issue to begin with as well, and the comment of you didn't know how off your aim was is true. After spending some quality time with an 8.0, I now have confidence in my putter that has always been missing. It's my favorite club in the bag which says a lot...

I had that issue to begin with as well, and the comment of you didn't know how off your aim was is true. After spending some quality time with an 8.0, I now have confidence in my putter that has always been missing. It's my favorite club in the bag which says a lot...

Awesome when you have that confidence with your putter!

Can you explain this a little more? How are you using the white tabs?

For the people with the 6.5's, what type of shaft offset are they coming with? I putt best with full offset (shaft completely in front of club face). Anyone go from the Classic 6 to the new 6.5 TFI, and if so thoughts? I would assume it would be a pretty easy transition....

For the people with the 6.5's, what type of shaft offset are they coming with? I putt best with full offset (shaft completely in front of club face). Anyone go from the Classic 6 to the new 6.5 TFI, and if so thoughts? I would assume it would be a pretty easy transition....

I don't have any experience with the Classic 6 putter but below is a good look at the 6.5 putter's offset. Hope that helps.

downloader2.php

I don't have any experience with the Classic 6 putter but below is a good look at the 6.5 putter's offset. Hope that helps.

downloader2.php

This model keeps popping into my head. I need to find this one.

Can you explain this a little more? How are you using the white tabs?
I think he's using the white tips to create a triangle "3 point reference" to aid in alignment. I shoot archery so I see what he's saying and the effect it could have. Instead of just looking at the line and ball he's using the 2 white tabs and the back of the white 2135 line to "square" the putter. At least I "think" that's what he's saying.

downloader2.php

Thanks for posting. I guess it depends how the shaft is angled for the pic, but it looks like its full offset at minimum. I know on the Classic #6 it varied with each putter, as I have one thats full, and one thats about 3/4 or so. Would like to try this one though...

Thanks for posting. I guess it depends how the shaft is angled for the pic, but it looks like its full offset at minimum. I know on the Classic #6 it varied with each putter, as I have one thats full, and one thats about 3/4 or so. Would like to try this one though...

You are correct about the camera angle. I had to go and look at my 6.5 and if you look directly down square to the leading clubhead face, the leading edge of the putter appears to dissect the centre of the shaft. Hope that makes sense to you.

Back