DYNWAVE Golf Putter Wheel

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody ever heard or seen one of these? I've seen a guy at my local course screwing around with one, and was intrigued. I guess he forgot it on the green this morning, and when I was putting on my lunch break I gave it a try. It might be the most frustrating thing I've ever done, but there is instant feedback about my stroke that was really eye-opening. For less than $10 I'm going to buy it and see if I can get things back on track.

https://www.amazon.com/DYNWAVE-Putter-Putting-Balance-Training/dp/B07MDJVCZT

I have one, but I don't know if I've ever used it.

Looks like it would be a great putting aid.

That just looks difficult, I can just see that thing rolling around in circles right in front of me haha

Looks like it would be a great putting aid.

i was putting for about 30 minutes, then thought, "what the heck i'll go try that thing." my putting before was ok, not great, but the ball was finishing around the hole just a little off line (as per usual).

for the first 10-15 strokes with the balance training wheel, the ball just took off in every crazy direction imaginable. didn't even roll, just spun out. i actually picked it up to roll it by hand like a skee ball, to figure out if the damn thing was broken. the aid was fine, my stroke is broken! anyway, it identified that i was coming in with the face wide open, and striking the aid with the heel first. finally got it to roll decently, still not close to a "good" roll, but better. hit some more "real" putts with regular ball, and the results were night and day better.

i was putting for about 30 minutes, then thought, "what the heck i'll go try that thing." my putting before was ok, not great, but the ball was finishing around the hole just a little off line (as per usual).

for the first 10-15 strokes with the balance training wheel, the ball just took off in every crazy direction imaginable. didn't even roll, just spun out. i actually picked it up to roll it by hand like a skee ball, to figure out if the damn thing was broken. the aid was fine, my stroke is broken! anyway, it identified that i was coming in with the face wide open, and striking the aid with the heel first. finally got it to roll decently, still not close to a "good" roll, but better. hit some more "real" putts with regular ball, and the results were night and day better.

Interesting... so do you think it is something you will use often?

Sounds like it identified an issue immediately which is great.

Interesting... so do you think it is something you will use often?

i have a whole practice setup that i used for about a month, then stopped. so i think "often" would be an overstatement, but i will definitely use it. i actually think it would be a nice aid to use on the green before a round.

Is the impact sound/feel anything at all like when striking a golf ball ?

Is the impact sound/feel anything at all like when striking a golf ball ?

no, because the aid is made of plastic, and the impact happens along the length of the face.

no, because the aid is made of plastic, and the impact happens along the length of the face.

Thanks for the reply.
I can imagine how this product might help a player putt better, so I will probably buy one to try. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply.
I can imagine how this product might help a player putt better, so I will probably buy one to try. Thanks again.

let me know your thoughts if you get one!

I had a training aid where two balls were fused together and if you did not strike the fused balls squarely, the thing went in circles. Did not use it much at all.

Hey now THANK YOU !
About 10 years ago in a drawer I found "two golf balls fused together" and did not know what the product was . I never even considered the possibility that it was a putting trainer product.
Don't know how it came to be in a drawer at my house, either, but I've kept it thinking some day its meaning will emerge. Once or twice I've tried Google searches and learned nothing.
Now today, thanks to your post, my question is answered !:D

Anybody ever heard or seen one of these? I've seen a guy at my local course screwing around with one, and was intrigued. I guess he forgot it on the green this morning, and when I was putting on my lunch break I gave it a try. It might be the most frustrating thing I've ever done, but there is instant feedback about my stroke that was really eye-opening. For less than $10 I'm going to buy it and see if I can get things back on track.

https://www.amazon.com/DYNWAVE-Putter-Putting-Balance-Training/dp/B07MDJVCZT

interesting product. I think the fact that it doesn't feel a ton like a golf ball would probably make my time with it short but it obviously has a significant benefit.

One aid I've wanted to use for a while was that putter wheel, where it's shaped like a wheel and wobbles when not hit well. I think it's still kind of flawed because you'd spend all your time lining it up.

Hmm. Not sure exactly what I think about this. The concept, I get, but its just a little awkward to me for whatever reason.

interesting product. I think the fact that it doesn't feel a ton like a golf ball would probably make my time with it short but it obviously has a significant benefit.

One aid I've wanted to use for a while was that putter wheel, where it's shaped like a wheel and wobbles when not hit well. I think it's still kind of flawed because you'd spend all your time lining it up.

I have a putter wheel - fun when you put it in the hole. I use it to play games with my son.

i bought it. i'll do some videos and pics, and give my feedback.

This seems like an aid that is similar to the putter wheel, or the pill, but just looks different. I've been interested in the putter wheel but haven't pulled the trigger on one.

Interested to hear your thoughts on this product as I am starting to take my short game more serious lately.

arrived yesterday, and to the green on my lunch break. but i didn't get any content on it yet. i'll try to snag some videos in the next few days, and some pics.

it's hilarious to try to hit this thing. it's a great indication for how bad impact can be, and far along putter forgiveness has come.

my best strikes were still off line, and not great rolls. but i'll take that over just spinning out like mario took a green turtle shell on turn 3 of rainbow road.

my routine was 3 putts with the dynwave, then 3 "real" putts. what it really got me focusing on was how the center of mass of the putter swings back and through. that visual seemed to help, and my putts at the end were pretty good by my standards.

obviously it's very early, but i think i'll stick with this for now and see if anything comes of it.

Back