Aldila Rogue Shafts

Here ya go.
I had two break, however most of the stories I have heard are straight from OEMs, based on the returns as a "broken driver".
Wow. I wonder what the heck they got wrong?

Sometimes material usage and location brings in a brittle factor.
Are they a completely different shaft than the Tour Blue or Green? I've tried to find official differences but never really found anything besides the specs.

Are they a completely different shaft than the Tour Blue or Green? I've tried to find official differences but never really found anything besides the specs.

I my opinion, yes. Tour Blue and Green are far less brittle in our testing.

I know 2 of our high school players broke Rogue shafts this year. I play the Tour Green in my driver, 2 wood, and 4 wood and have never had any problems.

I love not being crazy or just making things up. :alien:

It really is a shame that it's had some breakage issues, because the profile really seems to resonate with a lot of golfers. I know I enjoyed it in the Titleist hybrid this year.

I have the Rouge in the 815. Haven't had any breaking issues.

I probably don't swing hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be giving it a full test of it's torque capabilities based on heel and toe shots.

I have the Rouge in the 815. Haven't had any breaking issues.

I probably don't swing hard enough.

I tried a Aldila Rogue Black 95 msi in a TM Aeroburner and I was stunned at how good it was. I got the impression that you can have the ugliest swing in the world and this stable monster will only go straight.
I initially tried it in a monitor and everything went dead straight. However, when I tried it in a real course it did the exact same thing.
I usually have a two way miss due to my horrible swing, but this baby made me look good.
I was also surprised at the quality of the contact I was making with this shaft in comparison to all other. I have a mid 90s ss and a quick tempo.

Driver: Nike Covert 2.0 12.5 degrees
Fairway: Callaway X2Hot 4 Wood
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot 5 & 6
Irons: Taylormade Rocketbladez 8,9,P
Wedges: 52 Mizuno, 56 rtx, 58 smart sole, 64 rtx
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR 33

I hit a Cally 816 16* today that had a shaft that said Rogue R flex. Felt really nice. I looked at TGW.com for the club and available shaft options and saw the Rogue 70 and Rogue 70 I/O. Can somebody explain the difference ? And how do I know which one I hit ?
Thanks

I hit a Cally 816 16* today that had a shaft that said Rogue R flex. Felt really nice. I looked at TGW.com for the club and available shaft options and saw the Rogue 70 and Rogue 70 I/O. Can somebody explain the difference ? And how do I know which one I hit ?
Thanks
The I/O is the one that is stock in the 816. That shaft has the RIP technology it in to reinforce the tip section.

The I/O is the one that is stock in the 816. That shaft has the RIP technology it in to reinforce the tip section.

Bingo.

There will also be an I/O marking near the tip.

You mean the one that nobody had any issue with? I kid of course, breakage was common sadly.

How much are the The I/O shafts going for?

How much are the The I/O shafts going for?

Retail is around $285 but they can be had for less obviously. I love the Rogue shafts as they are a very similar profile to the Tour Green I've been playing for years. I have 2 of the I/O shafts and will say that the flex and torque of the shaft are more important than wether or not it's the I/O version. Keep in mind that all the Rogue shafts are stable and mid to low launching. I have an I/O Silver stiff that fits in my Callaway drivers and my Rogue Black in and x flex is a more stable and better fit for me than the Silver I/O because the flex is right. The I/O is supposed to be lower launching but the stiff I/O launches higher than the x flex Black. Your results may vary of course, but as always it's important to hit them for yourself to see exactly the ball flight each shaft is giving you.

I installed a Rogue Black 60 95 msi S in my SLDR and it was very good.
Unfortunately it slipped out of the adaptor and it ultimately broke.
Probably my fault ~ I think the epoxy was too old.
But I digress..
I ordered a Rogue Silver 110 msi S with the adaptor.
I wasn't paying attention and ordered a 70gm but really wanted a 60gm shaft.
I realized my mistake then ordered a 60gm shaft same but lighter.
To my amazement I did quite well with the 70.
It was straighter only slightly shorter (maybe 1.5 mph less).
The 60 was more erratic but when hit properly it went farther.
Still trying to decide on which one I like better but as of now it seems to be the 70.

I have the 70 I/O in both the 816 3 wood and 9 wood, very consistent off the deck.

I installed a Rogue Black 60 95 msi S in my SLDR and it was very good.
Unfortunately it slipped out of the adaptor and it ultimately broke.
Probably my fault ~ I think the epoxy was too old.
But I digress..
I ordered a Rogue Silver 110 msi S with the adaptor.
I wasn't paying attention and ordered a 70gm but really wanted a 60gm shaft.
I realized my mistake then ordered a 60gm shaft same but lighter.
To my amazement I did quite well with the 70.
It was straighter only slightly shorter (maybe 1.5 mph less).
The 60 was more erratic but when hit properly it went farther.
Still trying to decide on which one I like better but as of now it seems to be the 70.

I've noticed that with a little heavier shaft I hit the ball straighter as well. I'll always take 265 and straight over 275 and 30 yards left or right.

I've found something similar.

I had a fitting recently and the numbers slightly favoured my 60g Project X Handcrafted, but whenever I hit them away from a launch monitor I prefer the 70g Rogue for feel and (perhaps perceived) dispersion.

I've noticed that with a little heavier shaft I hit the ball straighter as well. I'll always take 265 and straight over 275 and 30 yards left or right.

I think swing weight and the mental side of things are playing a bigger role than people think here.
5-10 grams of weight or so, is a tiny amount in shaft weight to change dispersion by huge amounts.
Especially when they are trimmed, have adapters on them, etc.
Heck the difference in adapters from different companies can be almost 10 grams.
Difference in grips can be more than 10 grams.

I love my Rogue Silver 110msi I/O in my driver, but the same shaft in 70g just feels little too stiff in my 3w. Keep blocking shots to the right off the deck.

Not sure whether to go to a 70g Rogue Black, or just the 60g Silver I/O?

I'll be trying a new shaft in my 816 3 wood soon thanks to the kindness of a THPer. If that shafts works better for me I'll gladly pay it forward by giving the stock 70 I/O to anyone that wants it.

CaseyJ15

CaseyJ15

I have the [ Rogue Silver 60 125 MSI Xtra-stiff]. Super low spin and low, penetrating ball flight. I used it with the GBB Fusion 9 degree. It's hard to hook and seems to be straight as a string. For winter golf where roll is eliminated I think a slightly higher ball flight is preferred. Will the Rogue Max 65 stiff give me a bit more trajectory?

If the breakage were that bad percentage wise they would have a recall or develop a plan to repair the shafts that are cracking.

Casey

Back