Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

So I hit up Edwin Watts today to see if there was anything I couldn't live without before going to AL. Walking to the back I see a C200 7 iron in the hitting bay. Picked it up and hit about 15 balls cold. I was very impressed and picked up about 5 yards on average. Unfortunately, my clubs were at home and I had no way to benchmark the distance.

These irons set up so pretty and I gotta say, the look is just classic. I can't wait to hit some of these in AL. I'm talkin to you 441. :angel: Very impressive so far.

JM

I hit one the C200 3 irons outside at the range on Monday and was super impressed. I may get one of these to use instead of a hybrid when I play longer courses. For me these were a larger, more forgiving version of my XR Pro's.

So I hit up Edwin Watts today to see if there was anything I couldn't live without before going to AL. Walking to the back I see a C200 7 iron in the hitting bay. Picked it up and hit about 15 balls cold. I was very impressed and picked up about 5 yards on average. Unfortunately, my clubs were at home and I had no way to benchmark the distance.

These irons set up so pretty and I gotta say, the look is just classic. I can't wait to hit some of these in AL. I'm talkin to you 441. :angel: Very impressive so far.

JM
Sorry...freddies team only

J/k

Had the chance to get a few swings in with the demo 7i at Golfsmith tonight and came away quite impressed. The slots weren't distracting (as everyone has already confirmed) and even without warming up and swinging with a down vest I saw really good distance with it. They have new tech in the hitting bays and were closing for the night, so there was no visual, but it calls out ball speed, launch angle, spin and carry distance. The guy I normally chat with who works there was pretty impressed with the numbers (as was I). I'll be heading back soon to get some more time on the sim with it and will report back.

I had the opportunity to see these in person today. Unfortunately, I couldn't demo them but they felt/looked great. Really looking forward to hitting them soon.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

On Friday I had another really good ball striking day with these irons. The honeymoon with these irons is definitely not over yet. It's a great feeling to know that while you may not have the best ball striking day, you won't have to worry about your irons letting you down. I had one really bad hit all day (first full swing with an iron) and the ball still carried well, and left me maybe 10-15 yards short but still in the short stuff. Definitely gave me the ability to recover and at least attempt to get up and down.

A few people hit mine this weekend, nothing but good thoughts, hopefully they will chime in.

Oh and War Eagle LOVES the AW

As people can attest, I was over the moon when I saw the gap wedge as we were walking into Wilson HQ. It's - by far - the club that sees the most usage. I may need to buy an extra because I'm putting my first one through some serious work.

A few people hit mine this weekend, nothing but good thoughts, hopefully they will chime in.

I know Mojo really liked them and I have a feeling he will post in here. Think he said they were a half club longer for him.

I know Mojo really liked them and I have a feeling he will post in here. Think he said they were a half club longer for him.

Oh yeah he sure did, on the way to the cars yesterday he said for me to give him a call when Im ready to get rid of mine :)

Liked them a lot! Being able to hit e C200 7i next to mine was perfect. Was about 1/2 club longer on well struck shots for sure. They are so light too! I bet my swing speed went up just from weight savings :act-up:

Oh yeah he sure did, on the way to the cars yesterday he said for me to give him a call when Im ready to get rid of mine :)

Still can't believe I didn't take one single swing with them when we played. Especially since I had the effing F5's in the bag that day too.

Still can't believe I didn't take one single swing with them when we played. Especially since I had the effing F5's in the bag that day too.

#ClubClash

1a27610df7c9e12845197efec158aa85.jpg

These things are long and feel very good. I gained about 15 yards with the 7 iron on the same monitor from my normal gamers. They get up there as well. Did I mention they also feel pretty darn good. WS did an excellent job pushing the envelope with these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's mashing the golf ball right there. 51 yards peak height might be a little higher than optimal

Stock KBS 90?

1a27610df7c9e12845197efec158aa85.jpg

These things are long and feel very good. I gained about 15 yards with the 7 iron on the same monitor from my normal gamers. They get up there as well. Did I mention they also feel pretty darn good. WS did an excellent job pushing the envelope with these

200 Yards carry with a 7 iron??? Wow is all I can say, well done!

How come we dont see a review of the new wilson clubs on youtube? Mark Crossfield or Rick Shiels etc?

How come we dont see a review of the new wilson clubs on youtube? Mark Crossfield or Rick Shiels etc?

Perhaps you should try asking Mark Crossfield or Rick Shiels why they haven't bothered to review one of the most tech packed iron releases of 2016.
I wouldn't presume to speak for either of them or offer speculation as to why there's nothing up on YouTube from the usual personalities.

That's a great question!

honest question because I see those 2 names come up a ton in review threads. Would it legitimize the reviews done by THP members and staff writers in the eyes of some?

honest question because I see those 2 names come up a ton in review threads. Would it legitimize the reviews done by THP members and staff writers in the eyes of some?

THP TV reviews on YouTube or having one of those guys mentioned validate the findings in the review the reads with their own YouTube analysis?

THP TV reviews on YouTube or having one of those guys mentioned validate the findings in the review the reads with their own YouTube analysis?

I think validating what is said here by members. I mean we have almost 1200 posts about these irons just in this thread. It's filled with different reviews and thoughts on and off the course. Those who went to the event got first hand knowledge from the R&D team. Not trying to make it about the THP Staff, but just review threads in general. I just find it interesting that we get the mention or links to review by Crossfield and Shiels a lot, and their thoughts always seem to come up. That's fine, I have no problem with either of those 2, heck I check them out from time to time as well. But in a thread like this, that is full of information that probably won't be covered in a 8-10 minute video by one of those guys, people clamor for it.

So my question is, for all the members that did a really good job with the review of these irons, the ones who will test equipment in the future(see M2 thread), do people need to hear from CrosShiels to cement or validate what our members are saying about a product?

I think validating what is said here by members. I mean we have almost 1200 posts about these irons just in this thread. It's filled with different reviews and thoughts on and off the course. Those who went to the event got first hand knowledge from the R&D team. Not trying to make it about the THP Staff, but just review threads in general. I just find it interesting that we get the mention or links to review by Crossfield and Shiels a lot, and their thoughts always seem to come up. That's fine, I have no problem with either of those 2, heck I check them out from time to time as well. But in a thread like this, that is full of information that probably won't be covered in a 8-10 minute video by one of those guys, people clamor for it.

So my question is, for all the members that did a really good job with the review of these irons, the ones who will test equipment in the future(see M2 thread), do people need to hear from CrosShiels to cement or validate what our members are saying about a product?

I don't. Personally I'm not sure why an amateur would put much faith into product reviews from someone who characterize a miss as something 1/2" off the screws, unless their ball striking is that consistent as well.
I would rather hear feedback from someone whose ball marks tend to revolve around the center of the club face rather than cover it.

I messaged both 3 weeks ago and asked for reviews for the C200 and F5 and didn't get a response.

Back