Your Most Feared Shot of the round

The golf brain does not understand the words "not" and "don't".
Truth.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

40 yard pitch from a patchy/dirt lie to a rock hard green.

that and putts. all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tee shot with the driver where there is water or OB on either side of the fairway makes me clench.

Long approach (200+ yards) over water. I hate it even though I always tell myself "what water"........

Fairway bunker. I'm aweful.

First Tee Shots at THP events!

Fireball shot
One of my favorite type of shots, and one of the few I'm consistently able to control!

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Yesterday on the course I played, 18th holes is a par 3 that the front of the green is built out into a pond you have to carry. I carried the water, but put it in the sand trap on the back right side of the green that slopes back to the water. So my look was out of the sand trap back at the front side pin with the greens running back to the water. It was an intimidating shot!

Yesterday on the course I played, 18th holes is a par 3 that the front of the green is built out into a pond you have to carry. I carried the water, but put it in the sand trap on the back right side of the green that slopes back to the water. So my look was out of the sand trap back at the front side pin with the greens running back to the water. It was an intimidating shot!

We played Journey at Pechanga. A lot of intimidating holes, target golf, big drop offs over wilderness. The 17th is a 176 yard Par 3 (whites), can't miss right or you are out of play. Large green laterally but not deep. Hard to pick a club. Bunkers completely surround the green to help keep it in play. I tee'd off first and said (I would be happy being in the front bunker). Thats where I ended up. Deep bunker and I had probably 30 yards to the pin. I must say it was the only bunker I hit all day but the sand was beautiful. Knocked it 4 feet from the pin and f^%&ing two putted. Lots of holes like that on the course to intimidate you. Beautiful condition though. More than a few holes where you could be in the middle of the fairway and have a big oak tree influence (or outright block) your next shot.

Anything involving greenside bunkers. Its doesn't matter the lie, the type of sand or distance. I get in them and freeze. This morning I chunked the first against the lip and watched the ball roll back to my feet. Looked at it and didn't think anything other than a wider stance, swung through the ball, it popped up high hit the green and rolled to 2 foot from the pin. I'm going to try that approach to them next round.

Fear on the course will kill a game. So I can't really think of any. That said, I'm not a fan of bunker shots, and was once told by my captain to just stop going into bunkers and I'd score better.

~Rock

We played Journey at Pechanga. A lot of intimidating holes, target golf, big drop offs over wilderness. The 17th is a 176 yard Par 3 (whites), can't miss right or you are out of play. Large green laterally but not deep. Hard to pick a club. Bunkers completely surround the green to help keep it in play. I tee'd off first and said (I would be happy being in the front bunker). Thats where I ended up. Deep bunker and I had probably 30 yards to the pin. I must say it was the only bunker I hit all day but the sand was beautiful. Knocked it 4 feet from the pin and f^%&ing two putted. Lots of holes like that on the course to intimidate you. Beautiful condition though. More than a few holes where you could be in the middle of the fairway and have a big oak tree influence (or outright block) your next shot.

I had about 20 foot of green to work with, I knew I couldn't blast it out and that's what worried me. It had to be done with some touch. I gave it a little half swing catching just a little bit of sand. Popped out onto the fringe and rolled 6' short of the cup, then of course I also 2-putted for bogey...

Any tee box shot, that requires a carry ... even if it just 20 yard carry ... it just gets into my head ... especially water!

I'm not a fan of fried egg shots out of the bunker. I know how to play them, but I just don't like them.

Blind tee shots also, anytime I can't see where my target is. Especially on a course I'm not familiar with.

Downhill lie into a green fronted by water.

I had about 20 foot of green to work with, I knew I couldn't blast it out and that's what worried me. It had to be done with some touch. I gave it a little half swing catching just a little bit of sand. Popped out onto the fringe and rolled 6' short of the cup, then of course I also 2-putted for bogey...

I feel your pain.

Ball below my feet in a bunker to a tight pin.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of severe side hill lies. I always chunk it and never get solid contact.

I'd say anything 130+ yards forced carry into a green. Obviously the farther you get the harder the shot. I think the shot just puts doubt in your shot, you ask yourself should I club up, lay up, etc. Then at impact if it feels offs, instantly you are like oh crap, go, go, go, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 200+ yard approach shot down a tight fairway!

Back