Michigan hackers, check in here

Hope it works out. Van Buren is on the way to Flint. For me!

99/1 I'm out, I'm in my hotel in flint now, so unless we get released at 8am, I drive the work truck, show up in work clothes and boots, and use your guys clubs, I'm out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a good time guys.. Played that course a 100 times..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

99/1 I'm out, I'm in my hotel in flint now, so unless we get released at 8am, I drive the work truck, show up in work clothes and boots, and use your guys clubs, I'm out.

That's too bad man. Next time soon.

On my way....
It's nice up this way, temp should only improve as I head south!
Can't wait!

On my way....
Can't wait!

Have fun guys, sorry I couldn't make it. The tee time is under Spangler.

On my way....
Can't wait!
What we playing today, matches wise?
Have fun guys, sorry I couldn't make it. The tee time is under Spangler.

All good man. Can't control mother nature. Hope it doesn't keep you often.

What we playing today, matches wise?

All good man. Can't control mother nature. Hope it doesn't keep you often.

Well it's a double edge sword... No golf but I get 16 hours of double time, maybe I'll have to get new clubs to make up for it...

Well it's a double edge sword... No golf but I get 16 hours of double time, maybe I'll have to get new clubs to make up for it...

Meet ya at Carl's? Lol

Meet ya at Carl's? Lol

We could work something in the near future. Miles at the very least.

On my way....
Can't wait!

Excited to hear how your guys round goes.

Good luck boys, bundle up. It looks cold out there!

You guys should have started a live thread. Jealous you got out, looking forward to hearing about the round.

Sent from my iPhone using Utest

Was a lot of fun, weather wasn't bad at all really.
Hit some good shots, some bad....
I need to be better off the tee!

You guys should have started a live thread. Jealous you got out, looking forward to hearing about the round.

We thought about it but didn't want to take attention away from the THP event going on. I think that's an admirable excuse.

Round was fun. Wasn't too cold or windy and the course distance from the back tees played fun for a winter round. Some interesting holes there and they certainly weren't shy on the winter pin placements. About 1" of thawed ground and the rest was solid.

Here's a quick recap:

Bullfrog and I took on MichiganSlice and Lions81 in best ball. They got off to a quick start with a 1 up thru 1 after a great recovery by Lions. Frogger and I quickly warmed up and rattled off several solid holes to eventually go 5 up after 9. Cj heated up and Lions stayed steady all day and got a couple back but just ran out of time. We won the front 9 3&2, they won the back 9 2 up, and we won overall 4&2.

Overall, I'd have to say we all had stretches of brilliance. Lions on the back 9 was 1 over. Michigan Slice won 2 holes in a 3 hole span. Frogger ended the front 9 par par bird. I had only 2 blow up holes on the opposite end of the round.

So captain, and ?s

We thought about it but didn't want to take attention away from the THP event going on. I think that's an admirable excuse.

Round was fun. Wasn't too cold or windy and the course distance from the back tees played fun for a winter round. Some interesting holes there and they certainly weren't shy on the winter pin placements. About 1" of thawed ground and the rest was solid.

Here's a quick recap:

Bullfrog and I took on MichiganSlice and Lions81 in best ball. They got off to a quick start with a 1 up thru 1 after a great recovery by Lions. Frogger and I quickly warmed up and rattled off several solid holes to eventually go 5 up after 9. Cj heated up and Lions stayed steady all day and got a couple back but just ran out of time. We won the front 9 3&2, they won the back 9 2 up, and we won overall 4&2.

Overall, I'd have to say we all had stretches of brilliance. Lions on the back 9 was 1 over. Michigan Slice won 2 holes in a 3 hole span. Frogger ended the front 9 par par bird. I had only 2 blow up holes on the opposite end of the round.

So captain, and ?s

Glad you guys enjoyed the course, and play so good golf. Unfortunate I couldn't make, especially being the temperature is supposed to drop again, it will probably be two weeks before I get out.

At Carl's now trying to get a couple swings in.

Lot of fun boys! Weather really wasnt too bad, in the low 40s but almost no wind. Felt way warmer than the round at Eagle Eye in December.

Some surprisingly good golf was played, especially considering it was February and 40 degrees.

Tpluff and Bullfrog took on Michigan Slice and I in best ball. Tpluff and Bullfrog won the front and the overall match, Slice and I won the back, but not by enough to complete the comeback. Tyler and Bullfrog were absolutely on fire on the front 9 after the first hole. Not sure they ever made a team bogey after the first hole and threw in a few birdies too. Both played really well all day. Slice and I battled back, with CJ converting a few solid pars for net birdies. I fed off my partner and played solid on the back with a lot of pars and a birdie.

Think final scores were:

Tpluff with 77 (awesome round. Kills the ball. I might make his 3 wood illegal, unless hes my partner/on my team. Could have been REALLY low but for 2 holes)
Lions81 with 79 (started off a little slow, but played solid after that despite a cold putter today)
Bullfrog with 85 (had a lot of really good holes, including an awesome birdie on a beastly hole)
Michigan Slice solid in the mid 90s. (hit some great iron shots, and got it going really well on the back 9).

Always a blast playing with THP'ers.

Last edited:

Here's a quick recap:

So captain, and ?s

Whoops, didnt realize you beat me to the recap! Great playing today. Was a lot of fun. Cant wait for spring. Solid RR prep today.

Whoops, didnt realize you beat me to the recap! Great playing today. Was a lot of fun. Cant wait for spring. Solid RR prep today.
I'm quick! Just like how my day takes its turns.

(see rant thread)

Glad you guys enjoyed the course, and play so good golf. Unfortunate I couldn't make, especially being the temperature is supposed to drop again, it will probably be two weeks before I get out.

Thanks for setting it up, and good course choice, we all liked it. Wish you could have made it.

Thanks for setting it up, and good course choice, we all liked it. Wish you could have made it.

Me too man. Except I don't know if I could've kept pace with the great shooting you guys did.

As a heads up I looked at the weekend of March 5th(golf show weekend) and as of now it's showing 40s. So I was thinking if I come that way for the golf show, I may see if anyone wants to tee it up before we head to the golf show.

If I take Tuesday off anyone in for some golf?

Just found out that TPC Michigan is a part of ClubCorp (same group as Firestone) once the season opens I'll inquire with my head pro about getting a foursome out there this year. No idea what pricing would be for us or even if they can do it, but will certainly check. Typically it would be normal guest fees....not sure though.

Anyone played there? There's a couple other ClubCorp courses in Michigan too I think.

Back