THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Howdy fellas. Heading back to the OH in a few hours. Caught up on the thread, love seeing the all the activity in here.
How did the weekend go? Lots of round and practice? June will be here before we know it
18 each day. Short game starting to come back. Ended up playing the front 9 twice today. +1 second time around with Canadan. RR prep is starting to ramp up.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I don't think I made anyone angry today. #TeamPlayer

AMart played a quality nine with me. One bad hole that wasn't even that bad and solid the rest of the way. Well done buddy, road to 5 is looking good for 2016!

AMart played a quality nine with me. One bad hole that wasn't even that bad and solid the rest of the way. Well done buddy, road to 5 is looking good for 2016!

Nice Dan! Good to hear and good job on the not making anyone angry too, lol.

Nice Dan! Good to hear and good job on the not making anyone angry too, lol.

Unfortunately I played some mediocre golf. Stressful morning + crazy soft conditions = Canadan all kinds of checked out. No matter -- I love golfing in February and having a THPer bro like AMart locally makes it all the better.

Here's to another short cold spell and a mess of warmth to follow!

Good playing today guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I played some mediocre golf. Stressful morning + crazy soft conditions = Canadan all kinds of checked out. No matter -- I love golfing in February and having a THPer bro like AMart locally makes it all the better.

I wouldn't mind playing some mediocre Canadan golf

is it warm yet? I feel like I need to help and get some golf in.

Howdy fellas. Heading back to the OH in a few hours. Caught up on the thread, love seeing the all the activity in here.
How did the weekend go? Lots of round and practice? June will be here before we know it

Helped the golf coach work with some of the high school players on chipping & putting drills & working on a simulator.

On Saturday morning I was doing windshield wipers (leg raises while lying flat & touching toes to each side) & tweaked a lat/lower back muscle. The last 30 minutes of practice the kids were on the sim & the head coach threw me in too.

Good news: Used borrowed club to hit the green on a 180 yard par 3 at Pebble Beach.

Bad news: On the next drive I hurt my back again. So we'll have to see how long it takes before I can swing a club. Back to putting & chipping work until then.

I really need to get a place with high ceilings and buy a skytrak or gc2. Would love to see how much improvement you get doing several 30 min practice sessions in between a little working out compared to a single 2 or 3 hour range session in a day to find the optimal way to play your best for #THPRegionalRivalry

Why does this thread always go down ridiculous paths and always involve the same people.

I'm at a point where we will just close it and people can talk in the appropriate threads about practice and scores because once again it has turned into a chat room for locals. We have that thread already.

Move along and kee it about this event please.

As controversial as Bubba is (and unless something changed)...today was another win for the Sponsor of this great event!

Yea they just posted this via twitter:

"Another exciting win for Dynamic Gold! The #NorthernTrustOpen champ won with DG in his irons & wedges. #SwingTrue"

Pretty cool considering this event's sponsorship! Not even going to lie, wasn't following them on twitter until this event was announced and its a pretty good follow! @truetempergolf

I know that this event will be something where eyes are opened to the sponsor, and friendships built as well.

Golfing with THP'ers is and will always be a good time, and a great sponsor aligning themselves, and providing such a cool experience is pretty awesome!

In the meantime: Can't we all just get along?!?!?

after basically crawling in a whole the last 2 days from the flu I was able to get the bag straightened out and all my equipment finalized. I was finding my groove with the scoring irons now after the change in setup.

Getting closer to captains picks. In a week or so the teams will be filled.

one week to go. TUNED IN!

Question for the day...

What are you doing to sway the vote in your favor for the Captain pick?

Question for the day...

Just trying to be active on the forum and practice as much as ohio weather will allow.

18 each day. Short game starting to come back. Ended up playing the front 9 twice today. +1 second time around with Canadan. RR prep is starting to ramp up.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Good shooting mr Mart

Just trying to be active on the forum and practice as much as ohio weather will allow.

I agree being active will factor in quite a bit. Knowing that we all are snow locked for a majority of the winter; past play, practice and program will be the deciding factor.

Definitely going to be fun to see who is selected and how the teams are rounded out.

What I can say is I love competitive golf and don't believe there is anything better. I want to be a part of Team Ohio as much as each one of you. If you aren't selected we need to back those who were and provided that motivation and drive to WIN!

Mike does not like to lose!

Question for the day...

Pretty much practice what I can when I can. I imagine for most people as soon as the weather breaks, I'll be either playing or doing some short game practice around here

Question for the day...

#1 practice
#2 activity on THP outside of this forum
#3 learning more and more about the sponsor @truetempergolf and their products
#4 full support for both teams participants and hopefuls
#5 getting to know THPers on a personal level and supporting them in their efforts
#5 BRIBERY....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Practice, play, practice, play.... pretty much just make sure he knows I am ready to bring my A game.

Im wearing out my putting mat at home. Looks like winter isnt quite over yet so it will be more putting inside and more swings with a pitching wedge in my living room until i can get outside. The Kentwool event definitely got my THP event juices flowing just from following along and seeing all of the updates flying in. This event is not only going to be fun to be a part of if I get lucky enough to be in, but it will also be a great follow. I hope everyone who is either in or wants to be in this event followed along this past weekend and saw how keeping the forum updated keeps people glued to whats going on

Question for the day...

Good question, I know the captains eyes are open!!

Back