ForeSight vs Fullswing. Wild variation in ballflight direction?

clarkgriswold

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Out of curiosity anyone have experience with major variations between the two? I am playing in a league that uses full swing simulator and e6 software, I’m told they are on the latest software and calibrated weekly. The last few weeks I have been hitting lasers and rarely a slice in the whole round, with a few outliers. However last few times I’ve been in a fitting bay at golf shops using Foresight GC before and after it’s been slice city, really bad.

In a totally uneducated test, using my existing driver as a control I used that and a few other drivers at a local shop today (brand new sims) and they were once again just massive slices, high and way offline right. I have a another 18 hole simulator session tomorrow and will again test out the variance. Now the only other variable is the ball, game ball vs shop ball.

I assume the GC results are accurate since it’s the gold standard from what I’ve heard/seen, but it doesn’t explain such a wild variance. Perhaps positioning error of the GC, or I just suck when it comes to hitting in a store. I know it’s probably hard to tell without additional data but has anyone run into this? Maybe it’s the same reason why some automated sinks never work for me either, haha.

I’d love to do a head to head test at the same time but its not feasible.

I have not used FullSwing in a year or so, but the Foresight GC Monitors are pretty darn accurate and what we use here at THP.
Hard to have a positioning error with a camera based system as it only picks up data if the ball is in the hitting zone.

Thanks JB, I’m gonna see how it goes tomorrow and see if the prior results matchup to the last couple weeks, then the last variable is the ball. I can’t imagine it would have that profound a difference, but I’m trying to reduce spin as much as humanly possible in all my gear. It’s probably that I just outright suck until I’m fully warmed up which is hard in a quick lunch break. I’ll bring a gamer ball with me next time to the shop just to rule it out entirely. The at least I can go back to blaming myself

Fullswing is pretty good (I have access to Fullswing, Foresight and Trackman). You will get the random misreads. I would trust the Foresight way more than Fullswing, for what it is worth.

Weird. I have no issues with my gc2. It reads accurate. I do make sure it's completely parallel to my hitting line but for you to get those variances are odd. Some units require calibration but I haven't run into that yet.

Full swing again tonight 18 holes at pebble beach. All nice baby fades and straight except for 1 shank. Not a slice otherwise and dead centered a few of the tighter fairways.

Now I’m gonna definitely have to bring the driver and gamer ball to put on the GC. If full swing isn’t giving me accurate driving data then this league isn’t going to be that helpful. Fun but not improving my game over the winter as I intended.

Are you able to tell your ball flight immediately after impact without looking on the screen? I know immediately what kind of shot it will be without even looking at the screen but that’s from lots of gc2 time. Just curious if you feel it’s a fade or a nasty slice.
I agree with you. If you’re not getting accurate data, I’d feel this was not beneficial.

There is one local place here that uses full swing and it was not very accurate. Distances and direction were off by a lot. I think this place has older full swing stuff but I was not impressed.

GC2 has seemed pretty darn accurate for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an issue a few weeks ago on a GC2. It read EVERYTHING as a massive hook for multiple players. Even a 40 yard wedge shot. I had never seen this before so I'm not sure what happened.
I was pissed because by the time we realized something was wrong with the machine I was making massive adjustments to my swing in an effort to "fix" it.

This is why I was never able to post my Epic vs Epic Flash data or my ERC ball data.

Good to know, I am still gonna chase this one down a bit just for my own sanity. Going back to the same bay with my gamer ball next week to test.

Well, I went back to the original bay. Brought, same shoes, ball, driver everything I play in my league. Results the same, every thing high and right. Tried 3 different other drivers for sanity in additions to my own. Major things I also noticed was that the spin numbers were almost double what I am seeing in the Full Swing bay.

Now I was aware of my slice, and was really hoping the swing changes I have been making over the winter we’re paying off, apparently not. Now just to add one more test to this so I have enough data. There is another shop nearby that has just installed new trackman bays. I’m going to go there later in the week with the same controls. I’ll hit some in the bay and some on the outdoor range as well. This way I have all 4 data points to see how varied they are. FullSwing, ForeSight Gc2, Trackman and reality.

Haven’t had a chance to test out in the trackman yet. But after 4 weeks in the full swing league the discrepancies are becoming very clear. Long iron shots are consistently short and high wedge shots forget it. It’s almost like there is a shot ceiling and once it reaches a certain height it won’t register the true height/distance. Still fun to keep the swing going through the winter but definitely can’t rely on it to track actual improvement. I mean I love to see no slices, a 249 4 iron, and 280 yd 3 wood, but I know I don’t live in that reality.

Haven’t had a chance to test out in the trackman yet. But after 4 weeks in the full swing league the discrepancies are becoming very clear. Long iron shots are consistently short and high wedge shots forget it. It’s almost like there is a shot ceiling and once it reaches a certain height it won’t register the true height/distance. Still fun to keep the swing going through the winter but definitely can’t rely on it to track actual improvement. I mean I love to see no slices, a 249 4 iron, and 280 yd 3 wood, but I know I don’t live in that reality.

One golf equipment YouTube Channel uses GC Quad and no matter who the player swinging......the carry and total distance yardages are boosted by a minimum of 15%, sometimes more than 20%.
I don't know if that is due to the operator improperly setting up the machine, or the indoor environment producing numbers that are not realistic to outdoor shot making, or a combination of both.
The bottom line is that the videos have amateurs with faulty swings striking shots significantly longer in carry and total distance than most any Tour player would be producing.

Back