2016 Honda Classic

Yes, I know this was 2 years ago, and yes, I know he didn't win that year. But I saw this posted on Twitter yesterday and just had to watch it over and over, this is Rory McIlroy's 2nd shot on the 72nd hole that year. It's one of the best shots by any pro in recent memory.

I still don't understand how that ball landed like it did. Crazy.

Yes, I know this was 2 years ago, and yes, I know he didn't win that year. But I saw this posted on Twitter yesterday and just had to watch it over and over, this is Rory McIlroy's 2nd shot on the 72nd hole that year. It's one of the best shots by any pro in recent memory.

I remember watching that shot live. Incredible 5w in the peak of competition. I wanted him to make that eagle putt

772a7fd988728465d5f51773347aa28e.jpg

He might have landed into an upslope to kinda help with that.

Watched part of the replay from last year on GC tonight. DANG Padraig was SLOOOOOW!

Leave it to Wardy to bring rationalization in to the conversation

Amazing shot. Straight skills!

It landed like he was playing at some super soft muni with greens stimping at 7.5

Side note, was his swing more upright 2 years ago compared to now?

I decided to purchase PGA Tour Live so I can watch early coverage. I love this event, having played the course with THP several times this is always one of my favorite events of the year.

Phil is playing nicely too, gotta love seeing him on top of the leaderboard early on!

I know it's extremely early, but Phil is at the top of that leader board again.

I know it's extremely early, but Phil is at the top of that leader board again.
Watching his round he should easily be at least 2 or 3 shots lower too. He had a sloppy bogey on 14 (his 5th) and then hit a horrible lag putt for eagle from just off the green on the 3rd (12th) that wound up being a putter/wedge/putter episode around the green. Then had a wicked lip out on the next hole. So easily 3 lower really.

His game is in great shape right now!

looking like the afternoon tee times will get the better wind overall, probably worth half a shot.

Sergio holed out from 148 for eagle.

Sergio and Rickie playing well. Rory however...not so much.

Sergio is on fire, I sure do love watching him hit the ball. He's got such a great swing.

Wow...Kokrak had a bit of a hangover round after his 2nd place last week.

It happens to the best of 'em!

That was painful to watch, lol!

That's one way to get up and down, Rickie.

Well that looks familiar.

Back