Club fitting or lesson? help!!

scottmti

Passionate Hacker
Reaction score
Handicap
This choice has been bugging me past months. I tried few other irons. Some GI irons, some higher loft traditional loft irons. I probably will get a lesson soon cause my mind is mess. I love Z765. Love the look and how it feels in my hand. It just comforting. My golf budget is not alot so I can only do one right now.
Would you start with lesson or have my club fitted for me ? I put this club together my self so I don’t really know the exact specs on it. I just know it just feels good when I hit it but just not consistent. 6-4 irons feels foreign to me. 7-P is great.

So lesson or club fitting? I guess it’s like which one is first egg or chicken.
I just need to eliminate negative thoughts in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re a 12 so I don’t think it would take much to get you back on track.
I’d do a lesson, get comfortable with any possible changes and then get fit.

Last edited:
Do the lesson now, and start saving for the 765's. They are great irons and will be worth it.

Another vote for lessons. You are much better than I am, so take this FWIW, but in the past 6 weeks or so, with lessons, practice and properly fit clubs, I have made big improvements in my swing, and results in the sim. I haven't taken it to the course yet, but IF what the sim is showing me, follows me to the course, I anticipate much better results.

Seriously I am happy with my current handicap. Sure I like to play better who wouldn’t. It just that it’s how I play really bugs me. This is my current typical game on most of the holes. Hit a nice drive down the middle. Thin shots short of green or hit left hook or right push. Chip it close to par or bogey. Par3 is usually pull left and chip to make bogey or par. Horrible green regulation ratio. The way I hit drive I should be 50% green regulation. Only par 5 I’m on GR. It just feels sux to hit a irons this bad from middle of the fairway. Especially short irons. I love this game and it is frustrating.

Book a hour lesson tomorrow at mid morning.
Only lesson I had was in early 90s’ when I first began. Little nervous and excited at same time. Wonder what he finds out with my swing. He has good credentials. He’s been in some nbc golf tv. He was tad out of my budget but I was saving it to get a new set of irons.

Do the lesson now, and start saving for the 765's. They are great irons and will be worth it.

I already have Z765. Yes it’s great irons. I tried many to replace this year but none came close to replacing it.

This choice has been bugging me past months. I tried few other irons. Some GI irons, some higher loft traditional loft irons. I probably will get a lesson soon cause my mind is mess. I love Z765. Love the look and how it feels in my hand. It just comforting. My golf budget is not alot so I can only do one right now.
Would you start with lesson or have my club fitted for me ? I put this club together my self so I don’t really know the exact specs on it. I just know it just feels good when I hit it but just not consistent. 6-4 irons feels foreign to me. 7-P is great.

So lesson or club fitting? I guess it’s like which one is first egg or chicken.
I just need to eliminate negative thoughts in my mind.

Lesson. 1,000 times lesson.

Thanks for putting me right direction. I just need little push to have my lazy butt moving.

First day at lesson today.
Had my swing analyze today. Find out what we need to work on. He put bunch of sensor on me. Pelvis, torso, arm and wrist.
He found 6 things we need to work on. Today we worked on pelvis angle. My back wasn’t straight which effected my spine angle on down swing.
I didn’t even know my pelvis had angle. lol
He explain to me my swing sequence is out of order. Which explains on photos below. It made a lot a sense.
I set up another session next Friday. He wanted me to work on pelvis angle and swing sequence until next week.
This is my first lesson since early 90s.

d3e19b7a660337cb27ca3a320efe354c.jpg

d05c223de34cf918d329f61bf057c61a.jpg

038befc55bc588218e07fd0dbd1e2741.jpg

Scott, the best advice I could give you is to ask you, do you know a good teaching professional that also is a good fitter? If so, go ask him or her. They can have you makes a few swings, look at your equipment and be able to advise you better than any of us can. We don't know your swing, your equipment, nor do we have the expertise to assess which would give you the biggest bang. Otherwise, we're perfectly suited to give you our opinion.

Back