Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Didn’t see a 2019 version, maybe I’m blind, so here’s one. Haha

• Staff
I actually read a book called “The Obesity Code” not too long ago and enjoyed it.

It talks about intermittent fasting and honestly, it fits my lifestyle way way way better than when I first scoffed at my wife about it.

I’m doing 16/8 which is for 16 hours I fast and then 8 hours I can eat, with focus on my macros but still some leeway in there.

My schedule is 12:00pm to 8:00pm I can break fast. It works for me because I’m asleep most of that time and I’ve never been a big breakfast guy anyway. It’s also forced me to drink a ton more water and my portion control when I do eat is right on. It’s also almost eliminated all my needles snacking.

Doing a weight loss comp with some of the guys here and I started at 218.8 the beginning of the year, biggest I’d been in 6 years or more. Currently down in the 206’s and feel like I’ve sacrificed little to make it happen. Really has just helped me with the ole calories in vs calories out.

AHHH 206!!! Those were the days. I think I was 13 years old then.

Congrats Jman, keep it up.

In the same contest and started at 266, slowly coming down to 243 after 5 weeks. Been drinking a ton of water and eating a lot of salad and vegetables. Hoping to keep this up and be down another 20 before the he gathering.

Impressive results, guys!

Myfitnesspal app is awesome as always and definitely helps keep track of things and makes it easier to stay on track.

Down 24.8 since 1/1/19.
End Goal is another 30-35 lbs
And of that ideally 21 by the end of the contest.

I could do with losing some weight as I have hit 16st (or 224lb) with the amount of fast food and generally unhealthy stuff we have consumed over the last 18 months due to circumstances, and especially the cheese since the festive period

Ideally I would like to lose at least 1 stone, if not 2 (14-28lb) to get back to a healthier weight that I was a couple years ago and lose the stomach that has grown

I really need to get myself into a routine, especially as after another couple of weeks I won't be walking home from work when I start the new job as it is a nice 1.5 mile walk most days at the moment

Wow you guys are off to a great start for the year!

Not a crazy loss, but a sustained loss. Jan 17 2018 I was 196 lbs. Yesterday, 178.

I stopped drinking Coke a couple months ago, but still have the odd soda here and there. I cut out a lot of snacking since moving to the new house, being busier in general around the house, and running around after the baby.

Myfitnesspal app is awesome as always and definitely helps keep track of things and makes it easier to stay on track.

Down 24.8 since 1/1/19.
End Goal is another 30-35 lbs
And of that ideally 21 by the end of the contest.

Nice work man! I use my fitness pal and it has helped a ton with cutting out junk that I don't need to eat. My loss has been slower but when I actively started keeping track I was down 29 lbs. 8 of that this year, just want to keep grinding it out 2-3p at a time.

I actually took a page from Bucknasty's prep thread. I topped out at 216 after the holidays. In the past, to lose weight, I have had to feel like I was starving myself counting calories and living in the gym. I always was so low on energy that it was hard to maintain. After seeing Bucknasty's plan on just cutting carbs, I decided that it sounded easy enough to at least give it a try. So, I started aiming to keep my carbs at 40-50 grams a day max, less if possible. The first week sucked. I was so tired and wanted bread and french fries at all times. But, since then, I have noticed that I am less hungry. I eat a lot of lean meats and mix in some lower carb veggies. In a months time I dropped 14 pounds. I don't even count my calories now. I just know I am eating less. I have more energy than in years past while attempting to lose weight. I allow myself one day a week to eat a little more carbs. I am also forcing myself to drink as much water as I can handle throughout the day.

The only downside so far is finding things on the menu that are low carb if we go out and eat. My wife isn't too thrilled that I am not eating bread, potatoes, and pastas very often.

I'm down 30 since the beginning of the year, but that's pretty easy when you are nearly 100 lbs overweight.

Just cutting out the crap, snacking on veggies instead of cake and candy, and doing some light exercising every morning.

As stated in the previous thread, my goal is not a specific weight, per se, but rather to keep this healthier eating and exercise going, every day.

I go a week or two of eating well and working out consistently, and then my schedule gets crazy and my workouts take a back seat. When JB is out of town I have no problem keeping a healthy diet, but when he is here it's really hard.

I really need to get into a good routine again, but I am at least 2 weeks out from that happening because I have some travel coming up.

I'm down 13 since Jan 1 which is nice. Hope to keep that going and try to lose 10 a month leading up to mid April. Might not be possible, but that's the goal.

I actually read a book called “The Obesity Code” not too long ago and enjoyed it.

It talks about intermittent fasting and honestly, it fits my lifestyle way way way better than when I first scoffed at my wife about it.

I’m doing 16/8 which is for 16 hours I fast and then 8 hours I can eat, with focus on my macros but still some leeway in there.

My schedule is 12:00pm to 8:00pm I can break fast. It works for me because I’m asleep most of that time and I’ve never been a big breakfast guy anyway. It’s also forced me to drink a ton more water and my portion control when I do eat is right on. It’s also almost eliminated all my needles snacking.

Doing a weight loss comp with some of the guys here and I started at 218.8 the beginning of the year, biggest I’d been in 6 years or more. Currently down in the 206’s and feel like I’ve sacrificed little to make it happen. Really has just helped me with the ole calories in vs calories out.
I just started doing keto. Thought it would be bad and it's not too bad other than getting the headaches during my first few days as I've only been doing it since Monday but went from 193 to 190 in just 4 days so far. Realized my carb intake is still kind of high so adjusting. Made some really good recipes that taste amazing too. Keep it up man!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I actually took a page from Bucknasty's prep thread. I topped out at 216 after the holidays. In the past, to lose weight, I have had to feel like I was starving myself counting calories and living in the gym. I always was so low on energy that it was hard to maintain. After seeing Bucknasty's plan on just cutting carbs, I decided that it sounded easy enough to at least give it a try. So, I started aiming to keep my carbs at 40-50 grams a day max, less if possible. The first week sucked. I was so tired and wanted bread and french fries at all times. But, since then, I have noticed that I am less hungry. I eat a lot of lean meats and mix in some lower carb veggies. In a months time I dropped 14 pounds. I don't even count my calories now. I just know I am eating less. I have more energy than in years past while attempting to lose weight. I allow myself one day a week to eat a little more carbs. I am also forcing myself to drink as much water as I can handle throughout the day.

The only downside so far is finding things on the menu that are low carb if we go out and eat. My wife isn't too thrilled that I am not eating bread, potatoes, and pastas very often.

I just started reading "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle," and it is resonating well with me. Explains how different body types need different diets to operate at peak efficiency--I'm a lower carb, higher healthy fat guy. It also explains why starving yourself won't work; as I understand it, your body has a "starvation" defense, which basically slows your metabolism down so you don't indeed starve to death. As a result, that also slows fat loss. So, to get the calorie deficiency you need to drop pounds, you just gotta get your metabolism burning through training, which it sounds like you are doing well.

In my late 20's, I became a gym rat, lifting 5 days a week. I went from 185 lbs. to 215, and that was a pretty lean 215. I drastically slowed my training once taking up golf again 4 years ago, and after re-injuring my back last year, my activity level dropped even more; basically, I stopped working out altogether. I'm now up in the mid 230's, and definitely need to drop lbs. But more importantly, I need to lose fat. When focusing strictly on weight loss, 30-40 % of that lost weight may be lean muscle mass. To avoid that, I'm back working in a bunch of resistance training. My overall "weight loss" goal may take longer, but hopefully that means its actually fat and not muscle too. I still weigh myself once a week, but I'm also busting out the measuring tape to check on the inches. Those usually tell more of the story for me.

GOAL for 2019: A buff 205-215.

Lots of great progress in this thread! I use to be 315 at my heaviest and i am at 227ish now.It has taken me a lot of years to get here but worth it. I am working with a nutritionist at my gym to learn what and when i should eat. I actually have to eat more to lose as i am so active with some crossfit,cycling,yoga etc. My end goal is as close to 200 as i can get. It is a process for me and slow but it is working. It is so hard to stay on the routine sometimes it drives me crazy!

I can say, I have also been drinking so much water daily I feel like I spend most of the day peeing, lmao

Lots of great progress in this thread! I use to be 315 at my heaviest and i am at 227ish now.It has taken me a lot of years to get here but worth it. I am working with a nutritionist at my gym to learn what and when i should eat. I actually have to eat more to lose as i am so active with some crossfit,cycling,yoga etc. My end goal is as close to 200 as i can get. It is a process for me and slow but it is working. It is so hard to stay on the routine sometimes it drives me crazy!

This is awesome Doubleb, good for you dude!

Love this - keep up the good work man.

Since starting my body transformation journey at the beginning of the year I've lost double-digit pounds (don't want to get into specifics as I have a contest running haha), and most of that drop was due to change in diet and moderate exercise. I plan on kicking up the workouts a notch in February/March now that my energy levels are high and my body is used to working out a bit. Looking forward to seeing the final result at the end of March, and then keeping this diet/exercise mindset going after the MC to drop even more weight, and then following through with the hard part of keeping that weight off.

2019 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Been on the Hicksta Tacos & Beer Cleanse (TM) since mid-November...I'm down 24-ish pounds at the moment. 280 to 256...wearing size 38" jeans vs 40" & 42". I'm aiming for another 30-ish to take off. At 6'4", I'm fairly big anyway but it would be nice to take some stress off my heart and my joints...

Last edited:
I can say, I have also been drinking so much water daily I feel like I spend most of the day peeing, lmao

PregnantWomanBladderFTW

This is awesome Doubleb, good for you dude!

Thanks man i owe that lifestyle change to my wife! She got me into the cycling which was a huge game changer for me fitness wise. I watched my dad have a quad bypass and said no thanks not for me. I keep exercising all i can!

I see y'all putting in work! Keep it up!!!

giphy.gif

Back