Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4

erock9174

Reaction score
Handicap
Was reading my new Golfworks catalog and saw these in there.

I hadn't read anything on THP about it yet so I thought I would start a new thread.
I like the simple look (Black with Gray cap).

https://www.golfworks.com/golf-pride-tour-velvet-plus-4-golf-grip/p/gp0136/
https://www.golfpride.com/grips/tour-velvet-plus4/

Available March 1st! - Tour Velvet Plus 4 Golf Grip - Larger lower hand simulates 4 extra tape layers for lighter grip pressure and more distance
Features:

• Tour inspired design.
  • Larger lower hand simulates 4 extra tape layers for lighter grip pressure and more control
  • New material that’s 8% softer versus current Tour Velvet.
  • Increased surface texture concentration for added traction.

tour-velvet-plus4_main-grip-img-1640.png

Love this move. REALLY want a Tour Velvet Plus 4 with Align

Banking on them releasing that at some point...

Looks good, nice and simple.

Love this move. REALLY want a Tour Velvet Plus 4 with Align

Banking on them releasing that at some point...

That’s what I immediately thought. I play the MCC+4 Aligns now and they can be a little tough on the hands (don’t wear a glove).

That’s what I immediately thought. I play the MCC+4 Aligns now and they can be a little tough on the hands (don’t wear a glove).

I agree, I don't wear a glove and the MCC+4's tore my hands up a bit. I'm headed back to either this or the CP2 Pro for this year.

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4

I agree, I don't wear a glove and the MCC+4's tore my hands up a bit. I'm headed back to either this or the CP2 Pro for this year.

I have a mixture on my gamer clubs right now including CP2 Pros on my driver and hybrids. Like them but I like the +4 type grips since I fight a hook. Might have to try one of these on my clubs to see how it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ordering a set when they're available! Thinking I may get the standards though since these are a bit heavier than the regular TVs.

I’m not seeing it. That thread is about their new Align grips. This is not an Align. It’s a TV with the +4 lower hand.

Whoops, my bad. You are correct sir. I just knew that Tour Velvets were discussed in that thread also.

How has experience been with these? I'm debating on switching grips this year since my SS Cross Comfort are due for replacement. Since I have Rheumatoid Arthritis I'm not sure if I want to go back to a non soft grip like this or to go back to the CP2. My biggest complaint on the SS Cross Comfort was the inability to build up the lower hand. I like the texture of the TV, I'm just not sure how much I'll feel through my fingers versus what I'm used to.

I have the TV +4s on my 919F irons and like them, that said I did just get a complete set of 13 MCC +4s to regrip all my clubs from testing the prototype Helix grips last year. Thank you THP/Golf Pride!😎

Back