Do you get angry about your golf?

Had a buddy that topped his drive on a hole and threw his driver high up in the air and at a tree...... we didn't help much to calm him because we were laughing at him trying to climb the tree to retrieve his dad's club.

Golf is hard so i just try to laugh everything off

Just the other day my first rou8nd of the year. It was going well and was +8 through 10 holes. Even had a two or three pars. Then on 11 (a par3) I went 4 over and then did it again on 12 ( apar4) went 4 over again. On both hole from tee to green I couldn't do anything right. Plus8 through 10 holes and now went plus 8 on two(that's right, 2) holes. You bet I was fuming mad. After the first quad i shook it off and approached the next hole with good spirits and yep, did it again. I wanted to go hit my head against a tree or jump into a hornets nest. Frustrated beyond belief. But on the next tee I got past it again and ended up with my first bird of the year. The rest of my round was feast/famine. My round score wise was ruined of course but my round was enjoyable. As frustrating as that was its just not worth ruining your day. If (when it happens) I cant move past it quickly enough and I am miserable all day I may as well no longer play. That would be the only choices imo. Still enjoy it to some degree or don't do it.

I have learned to put a bad hole behind me, it just doesn't bother me anymore. When I learned to do this I actually started to enjoy it more and play better golf.
I do have a guy I play with pretty regular who is a regular at blowing a gasket almost every round. I just walk a different path away from him or if in the cart I don't say a word till he does. I just remind him to have fun, we aren't out here making trying to make a living.

I used to get angry on the golf course, but then I broke my wrist and couldn't play for three months. Just being able to play put golf into a new perspective for me.

The other thing that helped, was I stopped drinking on the course. I will still have a beer or two now and then while playing, but I noticed a direct correlation between the number of beers that I had, and my increasing inability to contain my anger.

I used to get angry on the golf course, but then I broke my wrist and couldn't play for three months. Just being able to play put golf into a new perspective for me.

The other thing that helped, was I stopped drinking on the course. I will still have a beer or two now and then while playing, but I noticed a direct correlation between the number of beers that I had, and my increasing inability to contain my anger.

Beer muscles

I don't get angry but I do get frustrated. I actually get more upset with a bad range session rather than a bad round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm angry I cannot play! I hate winter!

This past fall I was very angry due to the fact I started a new remodeling job. Being very tired and a little stressed filtered into my game. The anger came from the stupidity of not keeping my head down. I say things and mumble to myself.
My one buddy who knows me forever laughs and busts my balls.
One round we had a new guy playing with us and after I apologized for my anger outburst. He said he never laughed so hard playing golf.
This is what I sound like:
https://youtu.be/B12eVCBbGsw

Golf and teenagers are the only things in the world I have found that have made me act like an ass. I have quit playing golf 3 times in my life for periods of time ranging from 2 years to 11 years because I didn't want to be THAT GUY anymore.

I'm hopeful I'm beyond all that now. People who know me from work and anywhere else can't believe that I've broken clubs, thrown them in lakes and just been angry beyond reason at the game of golf.

Since I started playing again, I seem to be at total piece with the game, but if the anger returns...I will leave the game for the last time.

Besides..doc told me this week he's putting me on blood pressure medicine...that should do it:)

Nope, it serves no purpose and only makes me play worse

I used to and it has ruined a few rounds and experiences for me.

I did some reflection on life and it has changed my look on things. I still get frustrated but can shake that off easier and move on. I recently made a mess of a hole and was not pleased but stepped on the next tee box striped the drive got back in the cart and was good to go after that.

I hope that I've learned how to not get angry by channeling that into focusing on making the next shot.

No ... never ... I am too blessed to be alive and on the course to get upset ... I embrace that I suk ... I have dedicated a website to the fact ...

Yes, I will get angry at myself for not executing a shot. Will I throw a club or lose my attitude. No, I don't. I will complain to myself though.

Yep I get angry during those rounds where its like Ive never swung a club and can't figure it out. If it goes real bad the anger usually turns to laughter wondering how Ive ever broken 120.

It just aggravates me to 1. make a mental mistake, like not taking 1 more club when going up hill or over water......and knowing to take 1 more club and still thinking I'm gonna hit this 9 iron real good and not hit an 8 and 2. getting negative thoughts in my mind on some putts. Those thoughts always end with a 3 putt. A bad 1st putt generally causes a 3 putt.

I get mad when I'm doing something wrong in my swing and I can't stop it and I continue to play poorly because of it other then that I enjoy playing no matter what

I don't get nearly as stressed as your friend, although I never enjoy playing poorly, and hopefully he can de-stress a little bit out there.

I toss my flask to my cousin when I see him getting really frustrated.

I do get angry with my game sometimes which is then followed by getting angry at myself for getting angry! I'm just not THAT good and getting angry about it is just not necessary. I try not to do it, but it does happen sometimes.

JM

My game is not where I'd like it to be right now but I don't get mad at the game. It's just a moment in time and it doesn't define who I am. I love the game but recognize it for what it is.

No! Why are you asking! Lol

There were many times in the past that i could get very angry on the course. After awhile it just wore me down and i had to really ask why i was playing. Its no coincidence that i started playing much better golf when i looked at the game as fun instead of all out competition

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I get frustrated but not to that level. I also don't think I will ever have a round where I'm 100% satisfied with a round. I always feel I can do better and stupid mistakes frustrates me.

I just get sad, very, very sad. Then one good swing or putt and I forget why I was sad. Then I get different clubs and start again......has to be the clubs or shafts and the ball is wrong.

"Then I get different clubs and start again......has to be the clubs or shafts and the ball is wrong."

Jim, I think there is a lot of truth to this, my friends who don't get so angry always find a way to blame an old ball mark, a gust of wind, or a flaw in a club: it's never their fault!

many, including myself mention frustration rather than anger. But Iwould ask are they really that different? I mean most usually frustration leads to anger emotion. The slightest little feeling or thinking even to oneself of "dammit, son of a b###h" or whatever else is imo a feeling of anger over the situation. No?

Back