What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played the older Nike One the other day in windy conditions. Off the tee/woods/long irons in the wind was really good and I also liked it inside 100/around the green. Par 3s and approach shots ballooned but swing and club selection had a part in that. I got a sleeve of the RZN Tour and chipped with them yesterday, so far so good.

And I just found out I've been saying it ARE ZEE IN and not resin…

Callaway SuperSoft. Distance was solid and I didn't have any directional issues I could blame on the ball (if only it were so simple). Great cold weather ball and seemed to sit pretty well on approach shots. Still got a bunch of them and will continue to game them until the weather warms up a bit.

I played the 2016 B330-RX on Saturday and it was great all over the course! Tee-:good: Irons-:good: Short Game-:good: That's all there is to say really.

2016 B330RX all weekend at THP KickOffClassic. When I was driving the ball well I believe I am a touch longer. The Greenside performance is where it's at for me though.

the new 330RX for me as well, great all around ball!

Played Chrome Soft yellow yesterday. Great for overcast weather and is now my official early season ball. Can't get enough of this thing to start the year.

2015 ProV1x...Many likes.

Played the new B330RX ball today and wow, Wow, WOW........ This is a great ball even for my slow ass 85 mph driver club head speed. Distance equal to W/S Duo Urethane, not as soft a feel as the Duo U, but a great ball. I'm looking forward to the next round with the new B330RX ball. Me Likie.

I pulled out two old school Strata Balata balls today, only ruined one with a couple of thinned shots and a few from the desert.
Surprisingly, it did not have the classic "balata" spin that I expected. It actually had a lot of roll out.

Played the Bridgestone RX this past weekend. I didn't like it much. It felt really hard to me. I like a soft ball with great feel.

Played the NXT Tour S. Don't know why I don't play this ball more. Never have anything bad to say about it. Performs well everywhere!

Played a Bridgestone B330Rx today. I lost it on the 11th tee box.
I like the ball off the driver - good ball flight, good distance.
Irons were a little longer than usual, but that may be due to a small swing change - so this might be an outlier.
Wedges - really expected more spin with wedges and greenside.
Putting - it went where it was supposed to go, usually. Not the ball's fault, by any means.

Overall - I need more time with this ball to determine whether this is the right ball for me.

Good thing - there is a Bridgestone Live Ball Fitting on Friday close to my house, and I have another 12 dozen B330RX balls in my garage.

Irons were a little longer than usual, but that may be due to a small swing change - so this might be an outlier.
Putting - it went where it was supposed to go, usually. Not the ball's fault, by any means.

Overall - I need more time with this ball to determine whether this is the right ball for me.

Good thing - there is a Bridgestone Live Ball Fitting on Friday close to my house, and I have another 12 dozen B330RX balls in my garage.

2016 or 2015 version?

I've been playing the 2016 Bridgestone 330rx the last few times out on the course. I'm a 9 handicap, and these are my scores in my rounds playing it:
84 (12 over tough course)
78 (6 over easier course)
83 (12 over and I just played bad all day)

9 hole rounds
37 (2 over)
35 (1 under)
37 (1 over)

I love how this ball flies off of the driver. Great distance, and not a lot of spin. Off the irons they are really consistent, and off the short irons they barely roll after hitting the green. Great spin around the greens, and great feel off the putter. Try this ball out.

You could always ship me 6 Dozen or so...
I played the B330s most of last year and liked it. More green side spin than the RX. RX is more durable than the s off the wedges. TM Project (a) is a pretty decent ball around the green, wedges & putter.

I've been playing the 2016 Bridgestone 330rx the last few times out on the course. I'm a 9 handicap, and these are my scores in my rounds playing it:
84 (12 over tough course)
78 (6 over easier course)
83 (12 over and I just played bad all day)

9 hole rounds
37 (2 over)
35 (1 under)
37 (1 over)

I love how this ball flies off of the driver. Great distance, and not a lot of spin. Off the irons they are really consistent, and off the short irons they barely roll after hitting the green. Great spin around the greens, and great feel off the putter. Try this ball out.

I have a dozen of the 2016 RX balls just waiting until I finish off the rest of my 2014s. Didn't lose any balls yesterday but one has a slight scuff on it. I think it will go in my shag bag. Really want to try the new balls.

Played a second round with the new B330RX yesterday. I'm sold, it's my new gamer ball.

Played a second round with the new B330RX yesterday. I'm sold, it's my new gamer ball.

Did you play the previous RX? What have you noticed that is different?

Last ball I played was the new Chrome Soft. My thoughts are that I crushed it an I had the ball spinning back on the green. Never been a guy to spin the ball back but I am with this and I like that.

Did you play the previous RX? What have you noticed that is different?
Yes and first thing is it's a softer feel ball than previous B330RX. Less spin off the driver and generally two bounces and stop on the green. I didn't play the previous B330RX ball but two rounds, foolishly thought I didn't have enough club head speed for it. The W/S Duo Urethane is softer, goes a little farther, but I prefer the feel of the B330RX balls.

Back