THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

For the DMV team....

You know that PM Kevin asked us to send him about our interest level and handicap? After I sent mine I started to resend it ( I didn't) because it dawned on me that the handicap I finished last year with is not the one I expect to take to the event , if I get picked. I plan on it being a couple of strokes lower!! I'm sure you guys feel the same way!!

I hope you DMV hopefuls are getting your games in shape and paying attention to those involved in the Kentwool Kickoff. They absolutely killed it all weekend.

They showed how the live thread should be. I am sure that the RR live thread will be just as good.

They showed how the live thread should be. I am sure that the RR live thread will be just as good.

Absolutely. It was awesome to follow all weekend.

For the DMV team....

You know that PM Kevin asked us to send him about our interest level and handicap? After I sent mine I started to resend it ( I didn't) because it dawned on me that the handicap I finished last year with is not the one I expect to take to the event , if I get picked. I plan on it being a couple of strokes lower!! I'm sure you guys feel the same way!!

It's current handicap. Of course we are all striving for a lower handicap ... but I don't know about you ... but I don't have too many scores to post at the moment. Plus ... you can't post "individual" rounds anymore! LOL :banghead:

It's current handicap. Of course we are all striving for a lower handicap ... but I don't know about you ... but I don't have too many scores to post at the moment. Plus ... you can't post "individual" rounds anymore! LOL :banghead:

I understand but the event isn't until later this summer and you will have new scores by then.

I understand but the event isn't until later this summer and you will have new scores by then.

He is only basing his decision to pick you on your "current" handicap .... Regardless of whether it goes up or down by the start of the RR. Of course he would rather have it go down but we also can't have a bunch of ringers on our squad either ... might look a little conspicuous to Team NC. HA!

He is only basing his decision to pick you on your "current" handicap .... Regardless of whether it goes up or down by the start of the RR. Of course he would rather have it go down but we also can't have a bunch of ringers on our squad either ... might look a little conspicuous to Team NC. HA!

He is? News to me

For the DMV team....

I actually prefer that people explain why they will own WHATEVER cap they are coming into the event. Dropping is great but if you can't play to it the majority of the time I don't out stock into it. Own where you are at and the drops will come. Work to me is measured by consistency not flash in the pan.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The "All Blue" driver will become a reality this week ...

r ... might look a little conspicuous to Team NC.
Why do people keep forgetting South Carolina???? If I am lucky enough to make the team I'm going to have one hell of a chip on my shoulder!

I actually prefer that people explain why they will own WHATEVER cap they are coming into the event. Dropping is great but if you can't play to it the majority of the time I don't out stock into it. Own where you are at and the drops will come. Work to me is measured by consistency not flash in the pan.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Truth, we've all seen how well a vanity handicap works out add in a little pressure and things can get ugly fast. A 36 who played to a 36 is worth more to a team than a 6 who plays to a 10.

Truth, we've all seen how well a vanity handicap works out add in a little pressure and things can get ugly fast. A 36 who played to a 36 is worth more to a team than a 6 who plays to a 10.

My intent was only to show that I want to keep working and improving, nothing more! Sorry, if it came out wrong!!!

He is? News to me

My mistake ... that's why I thought you might try and make it "fair" ... a few high caps vs a few low caps. Didn't think it was possible to have an entire team of just high caps? That wouldn't be fair now would it? Why else would you ask for the handicap?

Hope some of you guys followed along the live update and scoring thread from this past weekend, saw the drone footage and the rest of the talk.

Hope some of you guys followed along the live update and scoring thread from this past weekend, saw the drone footage and the rest of the talk.
THP is making me consider going back to an Android or iPhone for work ... so I can download the GolfGame app! Looks like the #THPKickoffClassic was a huge success (and Twitter trender too!) Hope we can kick it up a notch for #THPRegionalRivalry! Those guys set the bar pretty high right out of the gate!

Wanted to hope in here and see how the hopefuls were preparing should their name get called? Are you waiting for the weather to break to begin practicing? Have lessons scheduled?

Yes sir! I was able to follow live both days and really enjoyed it, the live scoring updates were perfect! I'm going to check the drone footage at home this evening, for some reason my boss wants a little work out of me today.

Wanted to hope in here and see how the hopefuls were preparing should their name get called? Are you waiting for the weather to break to begin practicing? Have lessons scheduled?
I've been getting in practice between the rain drops. :silly:

I don't have a lesson scheduled yet, but I've been putting my lessons from last year to work. I think my game is steadily improving, and it's starting to creep into the scores as I put together a more consistent game. I'm going to see how the next month or so play out, and then I'll have a better feel for what areas still need to be targetted/improved and go to my pro for a couple of lessons. I'm also pretty sure I'm going to take my driver and the five or six shafts I've accumulated and take them to a fitter and get fit for driver and putter. I'm dialed in with the irons, so these are the last two that really need some TLC.

been prepping the whole time with drills in the house for putting and getting my swing from over extending at the top. I have a lesson scheduled for Thur and will then figure out best plan with my instructor. Thinking a 5 lesson deal

I did. Had to play catchup on sat but followed along the second 1/2 yesterday. The love scoring was cool. The drone footage is really good. Looking forward to your edited footage.

Been practicing and playing.

I've started going to the range a couple of times a week and been able to play 9 a couple of afternoons after work. I've made some progress with my irons, if I can become more consistent with them I think my game will get back to where it was a few years ago.

THP is making me consider going back to an Android or iPhone for work ... so I can download the GolfGame app! Looks like the #THPKickoffClassic was a huge success (and Twitter trender too!) Hope we can kick it up a notch for #THPRegionalRivalry! Those guys set the bar pretty high right out of the gate!

Try using it on your phone through your browser first. Don't do anything rash.

Unfortunately I will have to withdraw my hat from the ring of potential Captain's Picks. I know, I know ... please stop crying. I will be around for other get togethers! :clapp: (oh wait ... some of you may be clapping that I won't be there! HA!)

No ... in all seriousness I will be leaving for vacation with the family that day. It was just finalized last night by the wife. Tried to talk her out of it ... but no dice.

But I will be there in spirit rooting on Team DMV. Really wanted one of those hats too! Oh well .... that just makes Kevin's job that much easier and everyone else's odds that much better of being picked.

Unfortunately I will have to withdraw my hat from the ring of potential Captain's Picks. I know, I know ... please stop crying. I will be around for other get togethers! :clapp: (oh wait ... some of you may be clapping that I won't be there! HA!)

No ... in all seriousness I will be leaving for vacation with the family that day. It was just finalized last night by the wife. Tried to talk her out of it ... but no dice.

But I will be there in spirit rooting on Team DMV. Really wanted one of those hats too! Oh well .... that just makes Kevin's job that much easier and everyone else's odds that much better of being picked.

Truly sorry to hear that but I hope you enjoy your vacation! Family vacations are things to be remembered!!!

Hope you have a great vacation

Back