So face shaving, whats that all about and who does it

I wouldn't consider doing it, although intriguing in thought and idea.

I keep a HCP (as many have stated), and for me the fun is playing by the rules and having that be the level set for competition. Besides... I hit my driver plenty far (right, left and occasionally in play) LOL

It might be fun for a time or two, but hitting the ball farther would just make it harder for me to find it... who knows how much farther left(or right) it would go...

This is interesting. I've always wanted to know what a club manufacturer could make a golf club do with absolutely no limitations set on them by the USGA. Obviously if you're going to put one of these in play you aren't going to be following the rules of golf, so that would keep me from doing it to my driver, but it would be very interesting to figure out just how limiting these USGA rules are. This is obviously just one area (COR), but I'd like to see this same thing done with other manufacturing limits as well. How far can we hit a golf ball? I'm all for the rules existing, I get it, but I'm still interested.

I know this is a golf forum, but can someone explain to me why youd be in trouble for smoking the pitcher in a soft ball game? Dont you accept the risk involved when you step onto a field? I played baseball into highschool and have been line drived before and never considered going after the batter.

In hard ball, you can't really control where the ball ends up as much. However, in softball you really can choose where you want to hit it.

It also really depends on the level of competition too. In the rec levels, you don't really want to smoke it right at the pitcher, especially with a shaved bat. In the higher levels of competition, it's all fair game where you hit it

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Yes in most tournys middle is always open, unless they allow you to close it than its an out each time you go between the lines. You can really place the ball better with slow pitch, and using shaved bats ONLY for big games is wahts been done for years, if not shaved than its been used just enough to where it will act like its been shaved and right at limit. For bigger events they always compression test all bats at check in, and if they dont pass you cant use. If you hit pitcher in face and does serious damage, they will compression test bat on spot, and if its passes its ok, if not they cut it open and see if its been altered. if it hasnt been altered they pay for new bat. If they do see if altered you get banned for so many years and they can press charged if they want to. Most teams do not check others as each team has a couple hot bats, its part of the game really. now a days pitchers wear lacrosse helmets and catchers shin gaurds. Its pretty serious being a pitcher. Normal leagues during week you cant go middle at all. so you really do not see hot bats unless chicks bring em.

But yes this will be great to see and get done. I just setup my flightscope and will be getting to it in a couple weeks. Will do before after pics of heads, and than start the process, will also take out on course and get measurements. Hopefully you all will following along.

And again, this is done just for me to have more fun on the course and see how it helps me out. I dont care about hcp as I dont play in any events that need it. I could care less about being legal on the course and what not. My buddies and I just play to play and enjoy the day and guys next to you.

Back