Arccos Golf GPS Stat Tracking System Review

Had some recent issues where phantom personal bests were being added. Arccos corrected them pretty quick.

Oh if you downloaded the update it looks sick, really excited to try it in Saturday

Just downloaded it, pretty excited to get a round in with this. Curious to see how marking the flag and the first putt work.

I got selected to beta test the Arccos Android system. They are sending me a new set of sensors and the android app. I need to log 5 rounds by the end of the year for them.

So looks like they will roll out the Android system if all goes well in the first q next year.

Did anyone else get selected for this?
Yes...looks like another excuse to get a round in? Minimum of 8 rounds for me I believe though.

Yes...looks like another excuse to get a round in? Minimum of 8 rounds for me I believe though.

Yep I got selected as well. And yes 8 rounds. One thing I confirmed with Cooper (the arccos rep that I'm in touch with) said that they just need 8 9 hole rounds. One thing I wanted to confirm was that We could get them out of the way right away and he said that was fine. I plan on pounding out 36 on a weekend as long as the weather stays halfway decent and anything extra I can provide them weather permitting would be icing on the cake. I'm pretty pumped. I've been thinking about either this or GameGolf because this past year I've played a bunch of solo rounds or rounds with Amanda so this will add a little motivation for me to play against myself and always try and get better.

Yep I got selected as well. And yes 8 rounds. One thing I confirmed with Cooper (the arccos rep that I'm in touch with) said that they just need 8 9 hole rounds. One thing I wanted to confirm was that We could get them out of the way right away and he said that was fine. I plan on pounding out 36 on a weekend as long as the weather stays halfway decent and anything extra I can provide them weather permitting would be icing on the cake. I'm pretty pumped. I've been thinking about either this or GameGolf because this past year I've played a bunch of solo rounds or rounds with Amanda so this will add a little motivation for me to play against myself and always try and get better.
Same here on rep and info. I tested the Game Golf as well and as good as it is now with the software changes they made...I think this well be far better. Looking forward to putting it through the paces!

yes, 8 rounds (5 was a typo) Im going to need to also try to bang out the rounds as fast as i can (weather permitting) but I should have no problem if i do 36 holes in 2 sessions.

Do you know If we have to "end round" after each 9 holes to qualify for doing 8 rounds. Or can we just let it roll the entire 18 and that counts as 2 rounds? Maybe I need to email him and clarify this.

The new IOS update was really amazing and makes the entire system much more fluid, so I'm interested to see how the android system compares. Hoping it all goes smooth and I can sell my original set and keep this one. Then I can afford that new M1 I have bene eyeing.

After a brief expirement with the Microsoft Band and the Taylormade MyroundPro, I am now back in ponder mode for Arrcos

The MS Band just required too much interaction during the round, I kept having to double check that it didnt miss shots or DOUBLE UP on shots and then you have to go into the web portal and add which club you hit from which spot.....just too much work.

After a brief expirement with the Microsoft Band and the Taylormade MyroundPro, I am now back in ponder mode for Arrcos

The MS Band just required too much interaction during the round, I kept having to double check that it didnt miss shots or DOUBLE UP on shots and then you have to go into the web portal and add which club you hit from which spot.....just too much work.

Ill sell you my used one now that im getting this new beta one if you want. (also have an iphone if you need it to run the system)

yes, 8 rounds (5 was a typo) Im going to need to also try to bang out the rounds as fast as i can (weather permitting) but I should have no problem if i do 36 holes in 2 sessions.

Do you know If we have to "end round" after each 9 holes to qualify for doing 8 rounds. Or can we just let it roll the entire 18 and that counts as 2 rounds? Maybe I need to email him and clarify this.

The new IOS update was really amazing and makes the entire system much more fluid, so I'm interested to see how the android system compares. Hoping it all goes smooth and I can sell my original set and keep this one. Then I can afford that new M1 I have bene eyeing.
That's one thing I didn't ask him about ending the round after 9. I probably will just to make sure I have the 8 rounds in. I might play 9. Record notes. Shut down the app then start over for the back. Might be a good question to ask em tho.

For a round to be a round it must be closed. I will be playing an executive 9 course so it will be easy to remember. Not sure if you can play an 18 hole course and play the front as 9, end it, and play the back as another. I'm sure you could...just not sure I would feel right about doing it. Unless weather is not cooperating and time is running out.

You can end the round and if it is not a "complete " round the system always gives you the option to resume.

The new update is awesome. 4:12
Minute round today and battery barely dropped below 50%. The new adding putt feature is more streamlined than before.

The drop down and score is great. The editing shot feature after a couple times was soooo good.

The adjusting flag stick is Huge, it will manipulate your handicap breakdown a ton, it took me a bit to get the hang of it but i really like it and it makes the round more realistic.

All in all this update was a huge step forward IMO.

Got my first 18 out with Arccos 1.4, huge upgrade in my opinion. I need to play with it some more, but fairly intuitive, easier to edit/add shots.

Hi All,

I recently made the transition from GameGolf to Arccos and now have two rounds in place. So far I am very happy as it is all worked out of the box without any problems at all.

However, I had a couple of daft questions if possible about the data that it is presenting to me on the rounds. Hopefully someone here with more experience can explain to me what I am missing

In both rounds I played a little 9 hole course near me and on both scored 5 over par which fits my current handicap of 8,9. My questions are

a) why does it show my overall handicap as being 0,9 on the dashboard
b) is there somewhere that I should store my actual current handicap as it often talks about comparing my actual putting/chipping results against my actual handicap
c) in one round I had 17 putts and my hcp for putting was listed as being 30.0+ where as in the other round I had 15 putts and got +0.1 - is there really such a difference for 2 putts?

Thanks for any help

Dave

New Arccos user here... After my first round, I gotta say that it was flawless ! Only time that I did edit something was to add a penalty and gimmies.

On the first hole I accidentally started the round on the wrong course. I ended the round and started on the right course after my drive. In my personal best, even though I deleted the first round, it was showing a 611 yards drive as my personal best...

I called Arccos this morning for the bug with my longest drive and the fact that I had a dead battery in one of the sensor.

It took 15 mins and they sent me an email to say that they fixed the bug and that there is a new set of 14 batteries on the way!

Great customer service!!

For anyone wondering, I contacted Arccos through Facebook to ask if they were planning any changes or upgrades to the sensors this year, they responded in minutes saying that none were planned. All updates were going to be software based. Good to know since I'm planning on getting a set this year and like to have the latest when it comes to technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Arccos user here... After my first round, I gotta say that it was flawless ! Only time that I did edit something was to add a penalty and gimmies.

On the first hole I accidentally started the round on the wrong course. I ended the round and started on the right course after my drive. In my personal best, even though I deleted the first round, it was showing a 611 yards drive as my personal best...

I called Arccos this morning for the bug with my longest drive and the fact that I had a dead battery in one of the sensor.

It took 15 mins and they sent me an email to say that they fixed the bug and that there is a new set of 14 batteries on the way!

Great customer service!!

The sensors have batteries in them? Do they need to be changed evr so often?

The sensors have batteries in them? Do they need to be changed evr so often?

They do have batteries. There was one dead batery in one of the sensor, called Arccos and they sent me 14 batteries right away. I had to change only one extra battery which was probably just about to die. Arccos has been awesome so far.

Ordered this weekend, should deliver early this week. Hope to get my first round in with it by Wednesday

Thinking about getting an Arccos but I have a question regarding getting some additional sensors ($30 USD each). I have a couple of additional clubs that I would like tags for. I assume that I would register all 16 clubs at one time, and simply put the 14 clubs in the bag for that day's round?

I'm hoping that no further club setup/reconfiguration is required.

You should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This item interests me but the price tag has kept me away

Thinking about getting an Arccos but I have a question regarding getting some additional sensors ($30 USD each). I have a couple of additional clubs that I would like tags for. I assume that I would register all 16 clubs at one time, and simply put the 14 clubs in the bag for that day's round?

I'm hoping that no further club setup/reconfiguration is required.

You dont need any additional sensors, it takes a second or 2 to change what club a specific sensor is tracking. For example If you want to swap out a 5 wood for your 3 wood, all you do is attach the 3 woods sensor to the 5 wood and then re-pair it in the app to the 5 wood.

You dont need any additional sensors, it takes a second or 2 to change what club a specific sensor is tracking. For example If you want to swap out a 5 wood for your 3 wood, all you do is attach the 3 woods sensor to the 5 wood and then re-pair it in the app to the 5 wood.
Also the software will only allow 14 sensors registered at a time anyway. Swapping them between clubs is easy.

Back