Putter Inserts - Yes or No? Why?

I have both, and honestly how I feel about them depends on the day. No strong preferences either way, to be honest.

Copper inserts have my heart. I love the sound they generate, and oddly enough, most promote the best roll for me -- Which could be any number of things.

My BB will be a very tough putter to beat out of the bag.

Putter Inserts - Yes or No? Why?

My Bettinardi has the FIT face, not sure if that counts as an insert? Regardless, I love it.

Generally I've steered away from inserts in the past, but nowadays I feel most inserts are integrated well so I don't really see a reason to avoid them. If I were to change putters i would most likely get a Circle T Scotty with the GSS insert...so I guess my thoughts have changed.

Played inserts for years in my putters, but not anymore. I really like the milled face I am using now. It seems to go with the soft balls I use well.

I'm not a fan of the inserts anymore. I just don't like the sound. My preference is a milled face.

This is me, but add feedback to my complaint about inserts as well vs milled.

Generally I prefer a milled face, but there are a few inserts I have liked well enough. My knee jerk reaction is milled though.

Meh. Most of my favorite putters have been milled, but I don't hate inserts. If I were fit into an insert putter I wouldn't fight it one bit.

Umm... Yes? :D Reality is that I have an even mix in my collection right now. Sucker for a quality milled face putter, but my current gamer is an insert. I think both are great as long as they appeal to the person wielding the putter and they provide the desired result.

Custom milled copper insert. Think I've found the putter combination that really works for me. Used to love the white hot pro insert, but now I prefer the direct feel of the copper.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

I've played both and would have no problem with either. Lately the milled face of my Scotty has given me the best results though.

i had a 2-ball a long time ago, so that had an insert. then i guess my 2006 newport studio style had an insert? after that it's been all milled. but i don't know why, it's certainly not on purpose.

I'm using a milled face at the moment but have insert putters as well. I like them both. As long as it gets the job done. I still use a Bullseye putter from time to time.

Back