What's your weather limit?

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
How cold, wet, or windy does it have to be to make you seriously contemplate whether it's worth going out?

Since I moved to OK, I'm learning to deal with the wind. It's nothing to have 20-30 mph winds here. As long as the temps are mid 50's or so, I can deal with those winds. If it gets down in the 40's, I'm hoping for winds in the 10-15 mph range. I'd rather not even play if the temps are gonna be below 40 the whole round. I'll start at a little below 40 if I can see the forecast calling for upper 40's or thereabouts by the end of the round, but it's just a gut check. Throw in some rain and all these number get shuffled around again. I'd prefer not to deal with rain if it's much lower than 50.

I have played while the snow fell, but that was 15 years ago when I was a young'n...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

How cold, wet, or windy does it have to be to make you seriously contemplate whether it's worth going out?

Since I moved to OK, I'm learning to deal with the wind. It's nothing to have 20-30 mph winds here. As long as the temps are mid 50's or so, I can deal with those winds. If it gets down in the 40's, I'm hoping for winds in the 10-15 mph range. I'd rather not even play if the temps are gonna be below 40 the whole round. I'll start at a little below 40 if I can see the forecast calling for upper 40's or thereabouts by the end of the round, but it's just a gut check. Throw in some rain and all these number get shuffled around again. I'd prefer not to deal with rain if it's much lower than 50.

I have played while the snow fell, but that was 15 years ago when I was a young'n...

The weather conditions don't bother me much. I live in Northern California so it is mostly rain killing a round. Our course gets saturated when it rains. It is cart path only (CPO) right now, so I usually don't play when CPO is in effect. If I was younger I would probably play. CPO is my kryptonite. LOL

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The weather conditions don't bother me much. I live in Northern California so it is mostly rain killing a round. Our course gets saturated when it rains. It is cart path only (CPO) right now, so I usually don't play when CPO is in effect. If I was younger I would probably play. CPO is my kryptonite. LOL

Eh, I walk so CPO doesn't affect me as much except that I can assume the course is full of water and I know it'll make the round less enjoyable. You couldn't pay me to ride a cart when it's CPO though. That just makes the round way too long.

Eh, I walk so CPO doesn't affect me as much except that I can assume the course is full of water and I know it'll make the round less enjoyable. You couldn't pay me to ride a cart when it's CPO though. That just makes the round way too long.

I have two hip replacements so walking a lot is not an option. Our course is in the foothills so some holes a real hilly. I do walk some when on the flatter holes.

Mid 40's as long as it is sunny. Mid 50's if cloudy. Wind doesn't keep me away. If a very good chance of rain, I don't bother. Being retired offers much more flexibility to skip a day or two because of weather than when I was working and only able to play on Saturday and Sunday.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

I've never encountered conditions that would keep me off the course, provided that golf courses are open. Obviously poor conditions are less fun than good conditions, but I've always said that if I can work in the wind/rain/cold I sure as hell can do my favorite activity in it.

I'll do this in fahrenheit, anything over 40 or high 30's is fine, wind is a given here but if the balls are being moved on the green then we can't play. Rain will close courses here if it is bad enough but we all have brollies for a reason. If it is torrential and looking to continue to be then we don't bother, if it will clear up after a few then we brave it.
I walk and carry for pretty much all my rounds unless I am on holiday.

Mid 30's with no wind, no less than 40 if windy. I played yesterday in high 30's with light drizzle.

High 30's with no wind and sunny, I'll play all day long. Mid 40's to 50's if it gets windy out.

I can play in the 30s provided the wind is 10 mph or less!

After the winter we’ve had in Minnesota I’m sure I’ll be happy to be out playing golf when the high temps are 40* this spring!

40 degrees is my personal cut off.

High 30s without wind or rain.

It goes WAY up when there's wind or rain. I hate it.

This is the same with me. Golfing in the 30's is no big deal so long as it isnt too windy. Once the wind picks up it goes right through you. 35 and sunny is beautiful!

Wind is whatever. Rain can be tolerable unless it's excessive.

Temps? If it's in the 40s I'm staying home.

I'll sometimes play if the prediction is "it might rain" but I won't go to the course if it is raining. As for cold, I'll start a round below 50 if I know it's going to warm up, but if it's supposed to be below 50 all day I'll pass.

I live is south TX, just way too many nice days to play here so it doesn't make sense to put my body through miserable conditions for golf.

40s as long as it's sunny and limited wind. 50 is my cutoff if either there is no sun or wind. It's just no fun to play golf in the cold and be miserable, for me.

My rule is I don't usually Ride my motorcycle or play golf when it's in the 50's. I have made exceptions to play with THPers.

40 degrees. Anything lower forget it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's alot different now then when I played all the time. I use to play 3-4 times a week, joined a league and played in many outings! Back then you got caught in rain on league night and some outings, then some outings that were in early Spring or late Fall had some start times in the morning that were like 30 degrees out.

Now I only play once a week if I am lucky. If I play twice in a week its rare so I don't play in rain nor real cold temps but have no problem putting a light jacket or sweatshirt on to play, especially in the Spring since I had to wait six months of winter to get over to hit the ball again! :)

As long as its at least in the 40s with no precipitation or wind I will play. I will play in the rain but not a heavy rain. Snow is no go.

55*...anything colder and I’m out.

Back