Song Dog

Reaction score
Handicap
Been searching to get a different GPS. I had a Bushnell watch but many times my glove pushed the buttons and was a pain. I looked at (online) the Garmin watches: X10,X40, S10 & S20. I just don't know how the S watch buttons would do when my glove hits the buttons.
So I seen the G10 and kinda liked the size.
Anyone have experience with the X & S watches in regards to glove and button interactions. Or experience with the G10.
Thanks

Six of one, half dozen of the other in my experience. I gamed a Bushnell Neo-XS for the past 4 years and upgraded to a Garmin Approach S60 2-3 months ago. For me the glove/button issue with my Bushnell was much much rarer than you seem to be suffering. Maaaybe 3 times in a 100+ round season, tops. Usually I was wearing layers and a jacket with snugged velcro cuffs when it happened, to boot. Since upgrading to the Garmin Approach I've not had it happen during a round yet but I only have 12 rounds in with it. Stupid winter. I don't think it's bullet proof though because there have been a few times (when I wasn't at the course) that I'd look down to see my Garmin had toggled to Golf mode on it's own. I think getting in and out of heavy coats or putting on winter gloves might've triggered it but I'm not sure. Never knew exactly when it toggled because I didn't notice a beep or vibration. One good thing about the Garmin is that all the buttons are on the one side, (closest to your glove cuff unfortunately) and I velcro my jacket cuff just behind the watch when I'm wearing that jacket. Might be why I've not had any issues while golfing yet? Also, because it's happening so much more frequently for you, my assumption is we wear them differently. With both models, I strap mine on pretty snug and flex my wrist to ensure my glove cuff just lightly touches the buttons.

I have the X40 and I like it a lot. If you work for a company with a corporate well-being incentive it's also a step counter and it's a very small profile. Basically does everything you need with hazard distances, front back and middle to green, etc. It also has recently upgraded to even show a rudimentary green shape diagram which is cool. I like the look of something like the G8 or G10 and the pinfinder feature would be awesome on blind shots. I wouldn't mind a plays like distance, but I know in competition that's not allowed.

I have a Garmin G10. The buttons are on the sides, and, are easy to access, and, quite responsive. I don't have any issues pushing the buttons with a glove on, though, I am right handed, and, primarily use my right hand (no glove) for pushing the buttons. As a golf gps, it works very well, and, you can use it to track your scores. It is on the basic side, so, not a whole lot of frills. The battery seems to be good for about 2 1/2 rounds.

My only con on it is, I think the screen is bit fragile. I dropped it once, unfortunately, it landed on one of it's corners, and, the screen cracked. It still works.

Back