Golf Cart Phone Holder

Chips25

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking to get a phone holder for golf carts, for various reasons. I saw that Ampcaddy has one out but not a lot of reviews on it and it doesn’t look like it would work with a phone case. Anyone have any recommendations for a phone holder that mounts to the golf cart frame (similar to ampcaddy speaker)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to get a phone holder for golf carts, for various reasons. I saw that Ampcaddy has one out but not a lot of reviews on it and it doesn’t look like it would work with a phone case. Anyone have any recommendations for a phone holder that mounts to the golf cart frame (similar to ampcaddy speaker)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

For a cart you own or for something to hook up carts at the course?

I can't tell you anything about an Ampcaddy. However, I bought a Caddy Buddy phone holder off of Amazon, as well as one of the laser rangefinder holders. Both of the CB's are highly adjustable, and both mount on the carttop support frames. The laser holder is great and I have no issues with it.

Your question, though, was about the phone holder. The CB will hold a large phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 which is quite large. While the CB holds it well, I have to take it out of the case I use. Now, admittedly, my case is large and heavy (it's one of those cases with its own battery so that I've got backup). I have not tried it with a "normal" case yet. It might fit but I don't know for sure. If your phone is smaller than the Note (which most are), the CB might work for you even with a case. Be aware that with adjustability comes size. The CB phone holder has a larger footprint than the laser holder.

Back pocket?

For a cart you own or for something to hook up carts at the course?

Potentially both. If I find one I like for a course cart then I’ll probably get one for my home cart. My home cart doesn’t have speakers so I’m thinking of getting the ampcaddy speaker for my personal cart. For the course, I have a JBl Bluetooth that fits into one of the cup holders.

I can't tell you anything about an Ampcaddy. However, I bought a Caddy Buddy phone holder off of Amazon, as well as one of the laser rangefinder holders. Both of the CB's are highly adjustable, and both mount on the carttop support frames. The laser holder is great and I have no issues with it.

Your question, though, was about the phone holder. The CB will hold a large phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 which is quite large. While the CB holds it well, I have to take it out of the case I use. Now, admittedly, my case is large and heavy (it's one of those cases with its own battery so that I've got backup). I have not tried it with a "normal" case yet. It might fit but I don't know for sure. If your phone is smaller than the Note (which most are), the CB might work for you even with a case. Be aware that with adjustability comes size. The CB phone holder has a larger footprint than the laser holder.

For my rangefinder I have the Monument strap ( Monument Golf 1005BL Stick It Clas...B01JTG5B8G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_esfyCbSAE98H2) and love it.

Potentially both. If I find one I like for a course cart then I’ll probably get one for my home cart. My home cart doesn’t have speakers so I’m thinking of getting the ampcaddy speaker for my personal cart. For the course, I have a JBl Bluetooth that fits into one of the cup holders.

Get this for your cart speaker
b5b0f4804e1e0d2f06b1728f0e388d62.jpg

And then I have this, I use a tablet but it will work on a phone in a case as well
fbf5271683dba49dd23d0a9beac2bf03.png

Get this for your cart speaker
b5b0f4804e1e0d2f06b1728f0e388d62.jpg

And then I have this, I use a tablet but it will work on a phone in a case as well
fbf5271683dba49dd23d0a9beac2bf03.png

For the iPad/iPhone mount, it looks like because the arm is moveable that it would be really bouncie in a golf cart. Was hoping to find something that was sturdy so it wouldn’t bounce as much.

For the iPad/iPhone mount, it looks like because the arm is moveable that it would be really bouncie in a golf cart. Was hoping to find something that was sturdy so it wouldn’t bounce as much.

It does not bounce at all. It is bendable but stiff if that makes sense

Back