Oversized grips - Lamkin Oversized - First thoughts

Jordanderve

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys and girls,

I was researching oversized golf grips after being diagnosed with chronic tendinitis in my right hand and my physio recommended getting bigger grips to reduce how tightly I hold the golf club. However, I found little information on the subject so I thought I would post some feedback here.

I went out and played 9 holes this morning and I couldn’t be more impressed. Now, I have been in pain playing golf for the last 9 months and these grips have significantly improved that, which is great news. However, even without the pain issues, the clubs feel absolutely amazing with these grips. The extra weight almost feels as though it balances the club better and for me, it drastically improved my club head control confidence, particularly on chipping around the green.

One criticism I found when doing my research is that the club face can tend to stay more open and in practice, I felt that I did push a few more shots than I ordinarily would. However, at a recent lesson, it was identified that I was very wristy through contact with the ball (previously played a lot of cricket) and my stock bad shot was a pull (caused by rolling my wrists at contact). These grips have significantly restricted wrist movement for me which is an additional benefit.

Finally, the last thought with these grips is that I feel like I could swing the club faster as a result of the club feeling so secure. I didn’t witness the ball flight changing at all compared to my previous grips.

Anyway, any questions, please shout.

Crossline Jumbo I believe

I hope you can keep us updated as you play more with the jumbo grips. It will be interesting to hear about your results and impressions with them.

I hope you can keep us updated as you play more with the jumbo grips. It will be interesting to hear about your results and impressions with them.

Thanks. I have played twice so far with them and I am really impressed. The club head feels much more stable and the confidence is great.

Still leaking a few out right which which is unusual but the biggest area I have seen massive difference is chips around the green.

Will keep the thread updated.

Crossline Midsize on my 4-SW. I'm using Golf Pride on everything else.

Back