The Cheesesteak Thread

I should have added the number one ingredient is actually the bread and that makes the local solution a tough one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amoroso rolls are available nationwide for many restaurants.

Yep. I've been to places in Utah and Washington that have Amoroso rolls. And they are beyond crucial.

T
Cousins steak and cheese for me. I grew up on them in Wisconsin when they weighed a pound for afoot long. Publix makes a good one with some direction.
thanks for the inspiration Freddie! Went to cousins for lunch and got one.

Those are the chain steak shop rolls

Hmmm.
Ironically most in Philly use them, and outside of Tony Lukes that bakes their own, almost all of the popular places do.
Including the one you listed as your favorite, or did when I was there two years ago.

If you are ever up that way you want a cheesesteak on a Buono Brothers roll. It's a niche bakery in Chester County that supplies bread to the better Italian restaurants and cheesesteak shops

T
thanks for the inspiration Freddie! Went to cousins for lunch and got one.

I remember being in Children's Hospital for a ruptured appendix and no food for 9 days. My mom shows up with a cousin steak m cheese As my first meal. Been hooked every since. Nothing has measured up since. Not a philly cheese guy.

Around here it's either Chartroose Caboose or Pepperjax. Both are good and with provolone. I've never had anything different, but would like to try one with cheese whiz to compare.

We used to have a couple different ones here locally, one back in college with amazing/greasy fries, still want to have one in Philly someday!

I grew up outside Philly. Jim's on South Street is the best. With, provolone. I never could get into the whiz.

In Phoenix, I will go w Fupi's answer, Best of Philly, but I have heard that Corleone's is awesome - I have not been there yet.

The Cheesesteak Thread

Tony Luke's in Philly and definitely with wiz.

You go there for roast pork Italian.

I always hit Ishkabibbles on So. Street for steaks, with white American, onions, and sauce. There was a pizza joint on the same side I would always hit afterward for a slice of pie, Lorenzo & Son I think?

Jim's is my favorite, then Geno's. Abner's near Penn is also very good. On the Main Line, Eagle Pizza, Bella's and Momma's.

Provi wit. Or Wiz wit. Those are the only two ways to get a cheesesteak IMO.

Good lord I must not come In here for another 30lbs. I'm a huge fan of Larry's Famos in Philly too! And no way in hell am I only eating half. The full monte with extra meat, mushrooms and extra Wiz! An I'm craving one bad now! Thanks JB!

Nobody up here has a really good must have and this thread is making me jealous and hungry.

Good lord I must not come In here for another 30lbs. I'm a huge fan of Larry's Famos in Philly too! And no way in hell am I only eating half. The full monte with extra meat, mushrooms and extra Wiz! An I'm craving one bad now! Thanks JB!

Sorry about that padnah.

You go there for roast pork Italian.

I always hit Ishkabibbles on So. Street for steaks, with white American, onions, and sauce. There was a pizza joint on the same side I would always hit afterward for a slice of pie, Lorenzo & Son I think?

No roast pork. Was in philly for a work trip. We had Genos first day because everyone there was first time in philly and that's what they wanted. Second day was TL based on recommendation from our instructor. I had Pats on a previous trip there. Btw I need to make a trip there for a cheesesteak

I'm a big fan of Carl's in Waltham, MA. It's a small pick-up only shop with great cheesesteak and a lot of variations.

Good to know. Next weekend I will go here.

I grew up outside Philly. Jim's on South Street is the best. With, provolone. I never could get into the whiz.

Jim's is my favorite, then Geno's. Abner's near Penn is also very good. On the Main Line, Eagle Pizza, Bella's and Momma's.

Provi wit. Or Wiz wit. Those are the only two ways to get a cheesesteak IMO.

Jim's is superb and a fan of geno's too.

I'll go wiz wit or provi wit both are greaT IMO

Had a customer take me to Jims and I've been to Geno's as well. Around here? Nuttin at all that compares.

JM

When I lived in Virginia Beach I used to go here: http://igglescheesesteaks.com/. Family of Philly transplants serving ridiculously good cheesesteaks in VA. Absolutely delicious!

there's a pretty fantastic place right around the corner from my office called la spada. it's wonderful. but you have to wait like 5 minutes before you take a bite because they're so crazy hot.

I honesty love Charley's which is in plenty of malls here. Taste great!

My sister lives in Philly. Have tried them all. I think Jim's is the best. With Whiz of course. Unfortunately it is so good it has ruined them everywhere else for me. Nothing compares, at least that I have found.
I agree Jim's is definitely the best! With whiz and onions.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I've never had an awesome cheesesteak. Just don't seem to find those in AZ or haven't been looking hard enough :(

I liked Pats in philly. Wit wiz.

In Chicago, there are a couple brothers from Philly who opened a couple shops. Philly's Best. They would do cheesesteak on garlic bread. Grilled onions and mushrooms and wiz. Fantastic

Back