Hello from Knoxville

amocaT

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello everyone.

I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided it was time to join up. I truly enjoy the community and have learned a lot from so many members. Thank you. I've also found a few great deals in the "deals" thread so a big Thank You is in order too.

I go by the name amocaT on the forum (Tacoma spelled backwards :) ) but my name is Jim. I live in Knoxville, TN, happily married for 22 years and blessed with two awesome kids. I have been playing golf close to 38 years. With two young kids (8 and 9) I've been away from regular golf rounds until this season. The parents out there will understand my absence, especially having two kids 14 months apart. :)

As for my golf game, at one point I was down to around a 4 handicap when I was playing 3 days a week and pounding range balls. However, I'm playing to around an 8 now and pleased it's not more. I have a local lawn care business and do photography on the side. I'm active in my local church and enjoy mission work and helping those less fortunate. I spent a big part of 2014 in Haiti building houses, working in an orphanage and documenting through photography the horrific living conditions that still exists from the Jan. 2010 earthquake. You can see some of my work on jimservies.com. I enjoy meeting new people especially when it's on the golf course.

I retooled the bag this year and finally retired the x-12's, sorta. I had Lob - 1 iron in the bag. And, to this day, I still love pulling out the x-12's and ripping the 1 or 2 iron down the fairway. Unfortunately, my back and "ripping" ability is slowly waning. :) Last month, I purchased some used Apex irons with X-tours on CPO and so glad I did. Wow, the feel of these clubs, distance gains and dispersion is amazing. In my quest to feed ponder mode (thanks to this forum, argh! :) ) I upgraded the G20 to the M1. Again, amazed with the distance gains but struggling a little bit to keep it in the short stuff. I haven't given up just yet and trying a few shafts after some monitor work. I'm also testing the new 9° G LS Tec with the 65 X and loving the results I'm seeing. I may put the M1 up on the BST board? Continuing the bag upgrade I added a Calloway 3h XR and XR 3W too. The hybrid is a little too offset for me and tend to really hook it even with a stiff shaft. Again, ponder mode got the best of me and an Apex 2h or 3h will take it's spot later this week. :) Rounding out the bag was a DFX 2-ball and Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Teryllium (soon to be sold - PM any offers), however, tonight I just picked up a Works Fang on CPO for $79 with free shipping. Score!

My apologies for the long introduction. I look forward to participating and hopefully have the opportunity to play a few rounds with you guys.

Jim (amocaT)
<><

Welcome to THP Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Jim!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

I was able to hang out and play with two good guys from TN this weekend.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP Jim!

Welcome to THP Jim!

Welcome to Paradise!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP Jim. Hook up with SparksJr and Intimidator007. Two nicer guys cannot be found! My daughter is in Knox at school. Let's get together sometime when I am over there. Glad you jumped in!

JM

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP Jim, We are glad you found us !

Adding to what the great Johnny Mojo said myself and Sparksjr. play very often when the weather permits here lately mostly at Seveirville and River Islands and had a good run with the Tellico courses over the summer. You are more than welcome to join if you would like to .

Thanks Johnny! Would definitely like to play with you guys. PM anytime you need one for your foursome. My "crazy" season (lawn care) starts soon so it will be afternoon rounds for me or the weekend. Thanks again!

Welcome

Welcome to THP Jim, We are glad you found us !

Adding to what the great Johnny Mojo said myself and Sparksjr. play very often when the weather permits here lately mostly at Seveirville and River Islands and had a good run with the Tellico courses over the summer. You are more than welcome to join if you would like to .

Would love to play! I played River Island Sunday and the River Course about a month ago. Love both of those layouts.

Welcome Jim!

Welcome to THP Jim!

Back