Rusty Dave

#staffproto
Reaction score
Handicap
Lost a friend of 30+ years this afternoon. She was 45, a mother of 4 girls aged 11-15 and an amazing woman.
She’s been battling cancer but developed a staph infection in her blood on Wednesday. Her body was too weak to battle.
Just got off the phone with her husband, my best man. He was at home, his girls in bed and he was sitting at the kitchen island by himself. We talked for a while, he shared the details of the last few days. He’s proud of his girls, his friends and his wife. She put up a courageous battle.
He told me about taking her off life support, his girls screaming and crying during his wife’s last few heartbeats. Devastating. My wife could hear the convo beside me. She’s still crying.
I’m not sure why I’m posting this. I think I just need a release.
Life is unfair.

That’s terrible. I’m sorry for your loss

Very sorry for your loss rusty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear this. Eff cancer. I am so sorry for your loss.

Very sorry for your loss Rusty.

So sorry for your loss Rusty. That's so awful.

Good friends are always a tough loss but awesome of you to lend support to the rest of the family... embrace the fond memories and allow yourself time to grieve there will be better days.

Rusty, feel free to put your thoughts down here as much as you like.

My dad lost his mom to cancer as a teen. When I was a teen, a classmate and her sister (two years younger) lost their mom to cancer. As friends, I was with them through their mom's last year and two years after. So this hits close to home.

When you are going through this grief, it's important to have friends around that are willing to go through it with you. If you can, be that friend. The girls will need good friends around them their age as well as compassionate adults. Hopefully, they have chosen their friends well. If not, this is a time to do so. It's times like this where the value of having people in our lives that care about us is so important. GriefShare is a wonderful help for people experiencing grief. I would recommend it to your friend's husband. You may want to utilize GriefShare too. You are grieving as well. You and her husband may decide to engage them now or later. You can google them to find a local GriefShare group. They are all over the country.

That’s rough. Really sorry to hear this. Both families are in my prayers

Lost a friend of 30+ years this afternoon. She was 45, a mother of 4 girls aged 11-15 and an amazing woman.
She’s been battling cancer but developed a staph infection in her blood on Wednesday. Her body was too weak to battle.
Just got off the phone with her husband, my best man. He was at home, his girls in bed and he was sitting at the kitchen island by himself. We talked for a while, he shared the details of the last few days. He’s proud of his girls, his friends and his wife. She put up a courageous battle.
He told me about taking her off life support, his girls screaming and crying during his wife’s last few heartbeats. Devastating. My wife could hear the convo beside me. She’s still crying.
I’m not sure why I’m posting this. I think I just need a release.
Life is unfair.

Sorry for the lost rusty. I feel you.

I was on the phone with a mate of mine just two days before he passed on. Sudden heart attack in bed, no warning, healthy as anything (no alcohol, smoking, etc).

It hit hard also. If anything that tells you. Treasure every moment in life. Be thankful for the opportunities you got and the things around you.

A good support system like leftshot said helps too.

Devastatingly heartbreaking. So very sorry for his, theirs, and your loss. Condolences to all.

May she rest in peace.

I'm sorry for your loss Rusty....tough one.

Sorry for your loss Rusty.

So sorry for your loss.

Sorry for you loss.

Cancer sucks so bad. One of my favorite people at our church has been fighting for the last 3 or 4 months. She is tough, but I see sometimes she just wants to quit. I am deeply sorry for your loss. It's always tough, but when someone is in their prime it seems much more unfair.

RC, my heart goes out to you, your friend, and those kiddos.

There really are no words.

So sorry for your loss RC

Life is unfair

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss.

Back