Thinking of changing irons

prrc

Reaction score
Handicap
Im using taylormade speedblade I bought new. Not much for change. But changed driver last year to a ping G400. Really like it. So thinking of buying a used set of G400 irons. Any thoughts on this change. With the change or not? My handicap is 6.7. Not sure that makes any difference or not. But thought that I might include it

Im using taylormade speedblade I bought new. Not much for change. But changed driver last year to a ping G400. Really like it. So thinking of buying a used set of G400 irons. Any thoughts on this change. With the change or not? My handicap is 6.7. Not sure that makes any difference or not. But thought that I might include it

How about the i210? Seems more in line with a player with greater skills. Nice club, too.

With a 6.7 handicap maybe look at something from the Ping I line...i200 or iE1 sets are both awesome and not much less forgiving than the G400. i210 are great but since you’re looking at used then no reason to spend 1200 bucks for a new paint job.

Nothing at all wrong with the Speedblades, I still take mine out a few times a year.
Why do you want new irons? What do you want to gain from new irons? There are ton of great choices out there right now. Ping has some awesome irons out and would be a great choice.

kind of like @snickerdog is asking, what are you hoping to achieve with your new set?

I switched to the G400 six months ago after playing i55’s for four years. I’m still getting used to them. I’m 56 years old and I don’t play enough to consistently play blades anymore. I don’t mind a thicker looking club, and I feel like it inspires confidence. The G400 has a different sound when you hit it pure, but you quickly get used to it. I switch out irons every 3-4 years, and Ping has great resale value on eBay.

Irons are all about precision. These are the clubs you use for approach shots to the green. Get it inside of 10 feet and you'll make a lot more birdies than if you are constantly playing 20 feet or more from the hole. So for me, I'd make a change if the new irons gave me a much tighter dispersion and had even gapping from club to club.

would not consider new irons without comparing what I have to new ones on the monitor. will never again purchase a set based on price or appearance

Back