High HC Test of ProV1X vs TP5 vs Vice

millsan1

I've figured this game out! Oh wait, no I haven't
Reaction score
Handicap
14?
This is just some info I have gathered over teh past few sessions.

This is not scientific.

This is not definitive.

I am working on my swing and feel like I am at a place where I can repeat shots, so I can give decent insight. Again, I am a 21 HC, Swing 90-95.

Over the past few range sessions, I feel like I am getting into a groove with my swing, and can repeat results. Since I have gotten there, I figured I would test some balls to see if there is a difference, for me.

All balls are from a used site, 5A quality.

Test was driver and 7H.

The TP5 and ProV1X basically performed the same. ProV1X spun more and had less roll out for Driver shots, but not really anythign meaningful.

With a 93 MPH swing, both were flying 225 and rolling out around 240.

Same deal with the 7H, not much difference in flight and roll out. TP5 might hold the edge for distance, ProV1X might hold the edge for dispersion, but no "oh wow" differences.

The Vice balls, on the other hand, did show a distance improvement. They spun less than the other two balls and were consistently 5-10 yards further both flight and roll out. They did feel kind of dead to me, but the results speak for themselves. Dispersion was unremarkable, maybe a bit worse than the other two, but not really noticeable to me.

Given this limited sampling, I am going to cycle the Vice in as my main practice ball for a week or two, then compare again. UP until this point, the TP5 has been my practice ball for the past couple weeks.

Which Vice ball?

Which Vice ball?

I second this question.

I have the Pro plus as my main ball.
I also have a plethora of just about every other ball out there.

For me, the Vice Pro+ isn't better than any of the other golf balls out there.
But for $20/dz less... it performs perfectly enough. I also don't care if I hit one into
a lake, forest, ravine. The other ones, I care a lot more and so does the CFO & CEO of the household :)

Vice Pro soft

Vice Pro soft

I always liked the vice pro soft and loved the red color. If you like that ball try the duo pro out too, I get same green side check with the duo pro and a little better distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switch between the Vice Pro + and the Pro V1. The Vice for me does carry farther on all my shots but I care more about green side spin and both are very similar for me.

I switch between the Vice Pro + and the Pro V1. The Vice for me does carry farther on all my shots but I care more about green side spin and both are very similar for me.

+1

d.png

Back