Forum Testing Signup: Bridgestone e12 Golf Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

Screen%20Shot%202019-02-13%20at%208.03.57%20AM-M.png

Bridgestone e12 Golf Balls

Criteria
THP will select a group of THPers to test the balls, joining some staff writers.
You must be able to check in on the thread daily (or close to it) to discuss and answer questions.
You will be reviewing the balls for an extended period of time.

How to Signup
Watch the tech video above (actually watch it) and then answer these 3 questions.
1. Which one of the two balls fits you best?
2. What did Elliot say that stood out that you would like to test?
3. Are you able to review and answer questions daily or close on THP?

Get your sign up on people! Good luck!

Good luck to those that enter! Looking forward to the feedback on these

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1. According to the video, I'm not sure - I definitely prefer a softer feel/sound in my choices so far, my swing speed says "Soft", so the obvious answer would be "e12 Soft", but is it all about swing speed?
2. Its the bit about other soft balls becoming softer (due to market demand) to the point of performance degradation, and Bridgestone saying "No, it's gone too far. And this ball proves it."
3. Yes.

Last edited:
That was a great interview, a lot of information in there. Twice as good as e6 haha! I'm glad to hear they finally used all that ball data for something!

I watched the video and don't recall seeing/hearing distinct differences between the two balls? Maybe I missed it, maybe I need more coffee?

1. I think the E12 Soft would fit me the best.
2. Elliot talked about the new mantle design to help increase ball speed while keeping the core soft. This was interesting because they found a way to keep the feel but bring the ball speeds back up. This ball allows you to have your cake (soft ball) and eat it too (more ball speed).
3. Yes, I have the ability to review the ball regularly as well as post and answer questions almost daily.

1. This is the tough one for me. I’d trust the experts and with my sub105 swing speed would go with the soft, but I am also curious about the speed.

2. What stood out to me most is that Bridgestone focused their engineering efforts into the mid-level ball, not trickled down their tech from their tour line. Focusing on getting ball speed back also has my attention.

3. Daily or close, absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E 12 Testing.

E 12 Testing.

I would please like to test the E 12 ball.

1. The ball that would fit me best is the Speed. The speed is engineered for swing speeds above 105 which is what I have. Also the Speed is less spinning than the Soft which I prefer in a ball because I like to run most of my shots up to the hole.

2. What he mentioned I would look forward to testing would be the firmer core. I'm not a fan of when it feels like I'm hitting a pillow.(too much compression)

3. I would absolutely be able to check in daily and answer any questions needed.

Thank you,

Mike Nickel

1) e12 Speed (white)

2) Found it very interesting that they incorporated their new technologies in a mid level ball, instead of recycling former tour ball tech like they used to in mid and low level balls.

3)Yes

1. I’ve used the e6 as my winter ball for a while. Goes straight and rolls out just a bit more. So testing wise I would like to see what the e12 soft would play like as a possible summer ball.

2. Would like to see if the colours hold as well as Eliot claims.

3. Yes, yes, yes!!!

1. As a guy who has gravitated toward the X style balls, I think the Speed would be my preferred ball of the 2.

2. The one thing that stood out to me was the fact that they built a performance ball around the average golfer.

3. Yes I have the ability to review the ball on a daily basis.

The e12 Soft fits my game the best.
Elliot had a log of information going on within that 5 min video, besides him saying that the e12 is twice as good as the e6 (ha) I would say the new inner mantel he described really has me wanting to test these.
I'm able to review and answer questions on THP daily as needed for sure. Thanks!

Good luck, everyone! I can’t wait to read the feedback on e12 Speed!

1: I’d like to give both a shot and see how they compare to other balls on our simulator, see the wear and tear of them, how long they hold up and different spin rates they produce.

2: if it’s twice as good, maybe I’ll shot better? maybe the new mantle will produce better ball speeds, I also like the fact every ball is hand inspected not only 12 of 100. New core is always intriguing to try... Thanks for the opportunity...

3: usually on every other day, I will make it a point to check everyday, but I have notifications on so I see if there is any action on my subscribed threads.

1. Which one of the two balls fits you best? e12 Soft
2. What did Elliot say that stood out that you would like to test? I think the idea of the ball having "2 engines" has my attention the most.
3. Are you able to review and answer questions daily or close on THP? Yes

I have been looking forward to this release every since I heard about it. Good luck to everyone that enters on the change to test what I think is going to be a great ball.

As much as I want to test some of the E12, I will stay out of this opportunity.

Golf looks to be month's away, and better to have the balls on the course than in a basement!

1. Which one of the two balls fits you best? I would go with the Soft version. I have gotten very used to a soft feel
2. What did Elliot say that stood out that you would like to test? The dual engines inside the golf ball perked my ears. Everything this year with golf seems to be geared towards speed, so a golf ball with extra speed sounds perfect
3. Are you able to review and answer questions daily or close on THP? You bet!

1. Being that I'm a SuperSoft guy I think the e12 soft is right in my wheelhouse
2. I found it interesting that Elliot mentioned that balls on the market were getting soft to the point of diminishing returns. I'm interested to see how this new mantle delivers. Also interesting that they actually test every single golf ball. That's commitment!
3. Weather is warming up enough to get on the course at least once a week and I check in daily.

Thanks, in advance for the opportunity.

Edit: Looks like a lot of testers are on the e12 soft train. Though I think the e12 soft is better suited to my game, I'd be willing to test the e12 Speed if the numbers aren't bearing out. Thanks again.

Last edited:
1. Which one of the two balls fits you best?
e12 soft matte green (THP GREEN)
2. What did Elliot say that stood out that you would like to test?
The increased ball velocity and that the ball came at a more ammeter level rather than a tour level trickling down.
3. Are you able to review and answer questions daily or close on THP?
Absolutely!

1. Most likely the speed as I go for X type balls.
2. That they are focusing on the average golfer with the balls rather than for people with 120 mph swing speeds that swap their ball every 3 holes, we all want more durability than the tour pros need.
3. Oh yes indeedy

1) I think the Soft fits me slightly better
2) The "Active Acceleration Mantel" - I'd specifically like to test how it performs compared to premium balls without this specific material.
3) Yes - I check in daily and would love to review it and answer questions

Thanks for the opportunity!

1. E12 Soft

2. That the new Active Acceleration Mantle layer is a key component of the 3-piece construction and a new High Performance Polymer material that provides increased thrust and higher initial velocity at impact.

3. Yes

Wow, another testing opportunity! This should be fun. Good luck to everyone that signs up!

1. Which one of the two balls fits you best? e12 soft would likely be the best fit for my swing speed and my short game

2. What did Elliot say that stood out that you would like to test? I really perked up when he was discussing their use of the soft core along with a stiffer mantle layer to provide both speed and feel in the same ball. I'm most interested in seeing how this compares to some of the premium balls I've tried

3. Are you able to review and answer questions daily or close on THP? I am on THP pretty much every day and always willing to provide feedback and answer any questions. I also generally play at least one round a week throughout the year

Given my swing speed and abilities, I think the e12 soft is the best fit for me.

Getting feel with velocity is the most engaging point to me.

Yes, I can weigh in daily. I am also lucky enough to have a sim, and can do real testing, within my abilities, and gather actual data.

1. E12 Soft for me.

2. Saying the E12 is twice as good as the E6 makes me want to try them on the grounds of seeing how they hold up durability wise. I tried a box of E6s (not sure what year generation) and had many of them get scuffed up badly from normal clubhead hits and so Ive stayed away from them since. Dont know if it was a bad box? Ive never marked up any other ball like those did so would like to give the E12 a chance. Also would like to compare these distance wise to the Chromesoft that I usually use.

3. Could update daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back