• Professional Player

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • Professional Caddie

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Commentators/Interviewers

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Camera Person

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other.... Please tell us which position!

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • I wouldn't want to work on Tour

Votes: 7 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
Which position on tour would you want have?

Some would say professional player because they like to play, but there's an incredible amount of practice, appearances, sponsor commitments, travel, time away from home, and more practice that goes into it and I think there's plenty of people that have probably shied away from the game, even with top talent, because of that schedule. And you're betting on yourself. If you don't play well enough, your week just cost you a LOT of cash....

A professional caddie
? Nice to get exercise, watch incredible players, have great opportunities to travel and meet people all over the world. You can earn a nice paycheck, even on the bag of a pro not in the top 50, but there's also the question of how long you'll be on the bag and if you'll gather any winnings, especially if your pro is struggling.

Then there are the commentators/interviewers, in the booth and on course. Fun gig right? Watching great golf and getting to interact with high level talent. Of course your work is judged by everyone, but still not too shabby. And your travel schedule is not too bad.

Camera Guy
? Maybe you want to go around the course and take pictures or follow top players with the camera. You get to see great stuff inside the ropes and have an eye on things going around. Lots of travel and very little recognition, but still fun I would think. Being on the road might be a bit rough.

Other
What other job might you want on tour? What am I forgetting?

None? Maybe you want nothing to do with the tour and just enjoy playing golf and your current career and lifestyle.

Thoughts?

I love these kinds of threads...

I chose other. I'm a gear head/tinkerer at heart so I would love to be in a van, shop, or R&D center making and tweaking on clubs.

Course designer would be the most fun and unique job (if that job is allowed)

I love these kinds of threads...

I chose other. I'm a gear head/tinkerer at heart so I would love to be in a van, shop, or R&D center making and tweaking on clubs.

That's a great one! I didn't even think of that! That would be awesome to see all of what goes on in the van/shops during tour week...the 'behind the scenes of the behind the scenes'.

Matt Kuchar's fill in caddie.

I'd play, for sure.

Only thing I'd worry about right now would be time away from family, but I am sure if I was doing well they could travel with me during the summers which would be awesome.

Player and its not close

Player is the easy answer

If you take player out of the equation though, course architect would be my choice, though as someone who works in land development, it's the most closely related to my chosen career.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'd have a tour bus and be a player on tour. Have my family ride with me and just be PGA Tour gypsies traveling from city to city.

Definitely player. I do like Van/Equipment guy as someone else stated. Gotta have fallback options!

I would enjoy being a club builder on the OEM truck! The one rule would be to not be the guy responsible for Bubba's grips, forget the configuration but I think he has some insane number of pieces of tape under each grip.

none. golf is fun. work is not. keep em separated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Testing balls at a range maybe.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'd like to either work in a tour van doing repairs and maintenance whilst travelling the country/world, or doing on site marketing/brand management in some capacity.

Player first but that’s not going to happen. So....

Second, Bubba Watson’s caddie so I can watch him blame me for everything that goes wrong, then I’d laugh at stupidity right to his face. I would then drop his bag, walk off the job and go back to flying airplanes. Shortly after, I would write my memoirs about my life as Bubba’s caddie, make a ton of cash off it, retire and live out my life playing golf at my home course.

The end.

As much as I love this game, my only answer is PGA Player.

I love golf, working in the industry/tour I think would change my love.

Player! Without question. Otherwise I chose non and stick to what I’m doing now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to be Tony Romo, I know he's not a golf announcer, but he's good at golf and he's involved on the celebrity tour. Does that count as commentator?

Commentator/Interviewer/Live Blogger on Social Media. Don't care about my work or every word being scrutinized by the public because I've never cared what others say about me. Traveling all over the Nation or get lucky to get some European Tour gigs/The Open. Yeah that would be what I'd want do to.

Player. All day. Just to be as good as even the worst guy on tour would be awesome

None of the above. Traveling is not my favorite thing, so having to do that for a living sounds horrible. Maybe some sort of writer or blogger.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Back