The Pet Peeve Thread

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Lets name our favorite pet peeve(s) We all have one. In fact I would bet the majority of us have more than one pet peeve

Pet Peeve definition - something that a particular person finds especially annoying.

I have quite a few pet peeves but for now I'll just name one so as to leave the thread open to others

People who block the whole aisle of a store with their cart and self and are oblivious to the fact that you want to get around them.

People who get into the right lane at a stop light only to go straight thru the intersection, leaving a bunch of cars behind them waiting to turn right.

I can get if there is a long line of cars in the left lane and they want to get around but a lot of times I will see one car at the light and they are in the right lane.

People who drive with their high beams on and when you flash your lights at them they turn them off to show you they only have 1 low beam headlight and then turn their highs on again.

People who drive the obviously wrong way down a parking lot aisle and expect you to let them through even though you are going the right way. Sorry but back up into a spot somewhere so I can go by and then you can try again.

Drivers are for the most part stupid. Hahaha.

80e42b249d372c5d3d2b6ff022d7c342.jpg

Repeating myself is my biggest pet peeve and yet as a parent it's one I've experienced almost daily for the past 13 years.

The Pet Peeve Thread

My BIGGEST pet peeve is when I see people park in a handicap parking spot and are not handicap. There is a reason that spot is reserved. I usually park way down so others can park closer to the entrance that need to. Well, to be truthful, also because I can’t stand door dings and I like parking away from the other ***** that swing their door open and don’t care what they hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
- Bad drivers
- wasting (forgetting about) leftovers
- not putting caps back on markers (dry out)
- hypocrites
- poor manners
- arrogance
- bad drivers

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Something tells me bad drivers are going to be VERY popular. Lol

Organizations that raise money for charities that don't give all of the money they raise to the charity {minus the real cost of raising the funds).
Always do the research to find out how much of your donation goes to the cause your donating to vs. how much is going to just feed the machine before handing over your cash.

For me it is the lazy people that leave shopping carts in the parking space next to their car (or pushed to the curb with 2 wheels up on the curb) because walking the 20' to put it in the cart corral would be too much effort. The one exception to this rule is at Aldi where I can return said carts for 25 cents each. Laziness in general is a major pet peeve.

Close second would be littering.

People just being generally rude, not holding doors open, leaving stuff behind, obviously ignoring you. Just manners really.

I don't mind repeating myself as I am deaf as a bat so I ask others to repeat themselves sometimes

Drivers that go slow in the left lane almost with the attitude of "I have a right to be here, go around me". This despite in many states the left lane is FOR PASSING ONLY and there are usually signs that say "Keep Right, Pass Left" but I don't think some people know what this means, haha.

I’m not sure why but this type of conversation is starting to really annoy me:
Register clerk at a retail store, fast food place, or grocery store: “ Hi, how are you?”
Me: “ Good, thanks. How are you?”
Clerk: “ Just living the American dream.” Normally with some form of eye roll or sarcastic tone.

What I would like to say but haven’t yet is some sort of the following response:
Me: “I’m glad you’re happy with your life choice smart ass.”

Use of the “R” word. I hate hate hate hate it, makes you sound stupid using it and it’s not funny.

- Golfers who refuse to protect putters with a putter cover
- people who argue for the sake of arguing or being contrarian for no other reason than to be annoying.
- messes/clutter, it’s not hard to put something back where you got it from.

- people who argue for the sake of arguing or being contrarian for no other reason than to be annoying.

But think of the pace of play Mike!!!!

That MF'r that has to pass you then get in front of you and slow down while you have the cruise control on the whole time. After about four times I start getting pissed and will just eff with them. When they try to pass I will just speed up enough to keep them on my rear quarter until they give up or I am going 100mph. I have taken an exit just to get away from this guy. If I had a rocket propelled grenade!!

People who are too lazy to flush the toilet

People who leave the last square on toilet paper roll

People who speed up when they see you want to merge or change lanes That one is on the top of my list

Dogs that constantly bark

Kids who can't play without screaming

Mothers who bring their screaming kids to restaurants and stores

I could go on, but enough for now

People who NEVER et off their phone, especially when they're in a checkout line at the store and they continue talking not even acknowledging the cashier ....... common manners no longer exist :disapointed:

Well you'll be happy to know that my putter now has a cover. Only because it is brand new though....

I have too many driving peeves to mention, but first one that came to my mind was people that don't use their signal, especially in a turn only lane. Yes I know your intentions but not seeing that flashing light bugs me.

People who don't put their carts back in the cart return, especially when they leave it 2 spots away. I want to ram that cart into them when I see that.

Saying "I could care less", the saying is, "I couldn't care less".

Gonna.....it's not a word, the phrase is "going to" not gonna.

Back