Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

So my question is, for all the members that did a really good job with the review of these irons, the ones who will test equipment in the future(see M2 thread), do people need to hear from CrosShiels to cement or validate what our members are saying about a product?

I don't put much weight into what CrosShiels says on their youtube channels, although I sometimes watch them for entertainment. Especially Crossfield, much less Shiels.
Forum member's feedback within THP mean so much more for me. No validation needed.

I messaged both 3 weeks ago and asked for reviews for the C200 and F5 and didn't get a response.
And you have some great reviews here on THP from golfers of varying skill level.

I don't put much weight into what CrosShiels says on their youtube channels, although I sometimes to watch them for entertainment. Especially Crossfield, much less Shiels.
Forum member's feedback within THP mean so much more for me. No validation needed.

BTW I love that you used CrossShiels haha

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Personally, I hold the reviews of the group here higher than any singular review on YouTube. I like variety of opinions to see trends.

And you have some great reviews here on THP from golfers of varying skill level.
Those reviews are much appreciated but I like the videos too. I don't always agree with Crossfield or Shiels but they are good at what they do.

I don't. Personally I'm not sure why an amateur would put much faith into product reviews from someone who characterize a miss as something 1/2" off the screws, unless their ball striking is that consistent as well.
I would rather hear feedback from someone whose ball marks tend to revolve around the center of the club face rather than cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you. It's nice to listen to those guys talk about your irons but in the end, you're the one that has to hit them. When they categorize a miss 1/2" off the screws, my misses are usually toe hits and I can tell you it's more than a 1/2"! I get more out of THP reviewers because they generally play the same as me and that's what I'm looking for.

BTW I love that you used CrossShiels haha

I like that CrosShiels, and may have to steal that from you.... :act-up:

its not that i dont value the reviews from the guys here at THP, i just think its weird that there are no reviews on youtube on the new wilson clubs, not even the ones from 2015(v4/D200). I sent a mail to CrosShiels a few times and no respons..

I don't think it's the validation factor, it's the "hey these clubs are freaking awesome so why aren't more people talking about them??" factor.

Right or wrong, when a popular presence reviews something, it's given some sort of validation. Again, this is not a knock on this thread or reviews. It's more about the visibility of W/S gear that we've talked about ad nauseum here. It'd be great if more golfers realized how amazing these clubs are.

its not that i dont value the reviews from the guys here at THP, i just think its weird that there are no reviews on youtube on the new wilson clubs, not even the ones from 2015(v4/D200). I sent a mail to CrosShiels a few times and no respons..
Makes you wonder why he hasnt reviewed them, doesnt it....?

How come we dont see a review of the new wilson clubs on youtube? Mark Crossfield or Rick Shiels etc?

honest question because I see those 2 names come up a ton in review threads. Would it legitimize the reviews done by THP members and staff writers in the eyes of some?

Makes you wonder why he hasnt reviewed them, doesnt it....?

Probably because Wilson doesn't send them stuff. My guess anyways.

It's interesting because Wilson does a lot more advertising in Europe where Crossfield and Shiels are.

Dave

That can be fixed easily enough. When I get a chance I'll throw a review up on YouTube.

Probably a good one.

But Wilson is really a European company ( At least their parent company is) so you would think they would be actually easier for the to get them and demo. When the D100 came out,there were a lot of reviews from GB. And while the guys here did an outstanding job, I like to get the thoughts from someone that touches a bunch of different clubs. They do it for a living and tend to see things that I know I would miss or not think of. JMO.

Perhaps you should try asking Mark Crossfield or Rick Shiels why they haven't bothered to review one of the most tech packed iron releases of 2016.
I wouldn't presume to speak for either of them or offer speculation as to why there's nothing up on YouTube from the usual personalities.

Agree 100%.
Would never have considered WS before.
Last night I was talking golf with a buddy who has not bought new irons in 15 years.
After explaining the new innovative welding process etc. he is going to try them this week.
My demo hopefully comes Sat.

Last edited:
Agree 100%.
Would never have considered WS before.
Last night I was talking golf with a buddy who has not bought new irons in 15 years.
After explaining the new innovative welding process etc. he is going to try them this week.
My demo hopefully comes Sat.

Curious, did you order a single iron (demo) also?

Curious, did you order a single iron (demo) also?

No, just going to hit them at demo days with a WS rep there.
Regardless, the C200 and other contenders will be tried on several different days before deciding.
I also may pay to be fitted using Trackman, all at my local shop.
I'm very fortunate to have such a great store near me.

Did you order a head to demo?

No, just going to hit them at demo days with a WS rep there.
Regardless, the C200 and other contenders will be tried on several different days before deciding.
I also may pay to be fitted using Trackman, all at my local shop.
I'm very fortunate to have such a great store near me.

Did you order a head to demo?

You are very fortunate to have a store that close to you especially with a Trackman! I have a fitting center about 2 hrs. away and some GS and Watts stores but none of them handles the different WS combinations on shafts. I can order clubs with knows specs or they will "fit me" without the benefit of a cart or different shaft combinations.
I did order a single 7 iron in graphite with my current specs (Titleist AP1) except for the hard-step and the WS feels OK. I took an expensive gamble that I could fit myself, just didn't work out.

Going to a fitting tomorrow. Want to get a feel for these beauties.

I've had the pleasure of the range opening up early this year. I worked hard on my swing this winter and I'm in awe of the ball flight these are producing. What an amazing set up clubs. High, long and forgiving.

Mine are scheduled to be here tomorrow. Too bad they're talking about more snow.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Has anyone have a single lh iron to try or sell ?
gb

Very interested in trying these but, with no Wilson presence within three hours of me, it is unlikely. I ordered the C100s (with custom shafts no less) last year without the benefit of a demo but on the basis of some very good reviews here. That was a very expensive lesson as I sold them pretty quickly (they felt terrible to me).

There is a Demo day tomorrow in Little Rock at EWatts, that I'm going to try out the C200's. I got a tweet from Wilson and luckily enough the event is tomorrow there. Looking forward to seeing how they compare to my XR Pros. Just got a conformation on my time for the fitting. Also get a free 2 ball sleeve of Duo Urethane just for trying the clubs . I will post my thoughts afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back