• Steak

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Crinkle

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JMB3

Reaction score
The Culver's thread reminded me of a debate I had with a co-worker recently. I love sweet potato fries; she hates them. That debate turned into us polling our friends and other co-workers on how they rank the fries contained in the poll above. Pick your favorite in the poll and rank the rest below.

Here's how I ranked mine:

1. Sweet Potato
2. Curly
3. Waffle
4. Standard
5. Steak
6. Crinkle

What say you?

Waffle fries for me with curly a close second

It’s really not what type but how they’re prepared. For fast food, Chick Fil A waffle fries are one of the best. If I’m doing fries at home in a deep fryer I’m partial to sweet potato fries well done or burnt if you ask my wife.

A couple local restaurants have amazing fries and world class burgers including Red Cow. I’m a regular at their Edina location for their Manhattan 2.0 burger with sweet potato fries.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...ed_Cow_50th_France-Minneapolis_Minnesota.html

Chick-fil-A waffle fries for me!

Long been a standard man but, sheesh... waffle fry goodness with the home team's sauce?

Mmm-mmm, good.

We call them chips over here, you can get pub chips which are super chunky, three time cooked chunks of deliciousness. Sweet potato comes a close second

Crinkle's for the win.

Sweet Potato's are vile, disgusting things which should never be put in your mouth.

Curly by a wide margin

Waffle
Crinkle
Steak
Regular
Curly
Sweet potato

Waffle Fries (especially from Chick-fil-A, make 'em well done, please) followed by crinkle cut.

Curly for me.

Steak fries at the top. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Followed in a virtual tie would be crinkle and waffle fries (Chick-fil-A).

Not a fan of french fries, but if I were to choose it would be steak fries

Steak fries! Maximum ketchup picker uppers

Waffle!

Waffle and curly is a very close second.

I'm an equal opportunity French fry eater, there is no bad one when cooked correctly. That having been said, if you put all of these options in front of my face and tell me to pick one, I'm going with the waffle fry.

1. Steak (The first two are pretty interchangeable)
2. Standard
3. Crinkle
4. Waffle
5. Sweet potato
6. Curly

Sweet Potato.

Mostly because I'll become violently ill from the other options.

Curly for sure, you never know what it'll look like, every day is different.

My problem with the curly fry is that some of them are super tight, delicious spirals, while a majority of them are just half circled regular fries at best. I can't back something with that kind of inconsistency, but the potential is there.

Also, don't overlook the shoestring fry. I know its not a frontrunner fry, but I find them to be super consistent restaurant to restaurant. Some places have great crinkle cut fries, but you go to another place and they're garbage. Same with steak fries. The shoestring fry might not have the glitz and glamour of the big 6 players, but no matter where you order them you know what to expect. Sometimes you need that stability in your life, even if it means sacrificing surface area.

Your Favorite Kind of French Fries?

Love waffle and shoestring fries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When McDonald's cooked their shoestring fries in animal lard back in the day... those were the BEST!

Regular takes the top spot and it's veryclosely followed by waffle, but only if they are a specific kind of waffle fry.

Back