2016 Gauntlet Extra Rounds Thread

Sheesh...I might be the only THPer NOT playing Desert Forest.

I'm in for the TBD afternoon round on Friday.

If you need me to send you a PM let me know. Don't want to flood your inbox. But I'm looking for a roommate.

send me a PM with your info just so I can have it all

Anyone else day dream about playing desert golf like 5 times during your day?

At this point, 5 a day sounds right. As we approach the event it will be way more than that. Way way more.

My wife is a saint!

I'm in for Desert Forest if there's room.

Yeah this is pretty much on my mind daily. Each passing day means we're one day closer to this awesome event!

I gotta stop buying stuff. I keep justifying it by saying, "I need this for The Gauntlet" or "This will be great for The Gauntlet". Now I'm on the ponder for a "desert" club. When my buddy hits a bad shot in the trees or rocks or some other awful place he'll say "lemme borrow your 7 iron, I don't wanna **** mine up." I have a feeling one of these clubs may become necessary.

I gotta stop buying stuff. I keep justifying it by saying, "I need this for The Gauntlet" or "This will be great for The Gauntlet". Now I'm on the ponder for a "desert" club. When my buddy hits a bad shot in the trees or rocks or some other awful place he'll say "lemme borrow your 7 iron, I don't wanna **** mine up." I have a feeling one of these clubs may become necessary.
Desert club - find a beat up, low bounce sand wedge from the used bin at your local golf shop. Or see if the golf course has an old wedge that they would be willing to sell for like $5. Use that, get the ball in the fairway, don't worry about what it looks like.
Or, if you feel like destroying a club you currently own, just hit whatever club you want to hit. There are guys who hit their FW out of the desert. I am not that guy.

Desert club - find a beat up, low bounce sand wedge from the used bin at your local golf shop. Or see if the golf course has an old wedge that they would be willing to sell for like $5. Use that, get the ball in the fairway, don't worry about what it looks like.
Or, if you feel like destroying a club you currently own, just hit whatever club you want to hit. There are guys who hit their FW out of the desert. I am not that guy.

Yeah, me neither...haha

What time is Top Golf on Thursday? I would be game for that

Last edited:
Fup - I am up for a Mon AM round. Thanks.

The fact that you guys are playing Desert Forest is awesome! The desert golf course. So cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping for Friday AM round headcount. I will need to put in a special request, and want to make sure that I have the proper number of golfers.

Thanks.

I'm down for the Monday AM round too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plans have changed for the better...
I'm in for Top Golf Thursday night and will be staying at Wekopa that night.
I have a 4Runner, so I can with help rides from Wekopa on Friday morning too.

What time are we talking for Top Golf on Thursday?

Updated the first post.

I am going to plan on Talking Stick for the Thursday PM round so it will be closer to Top Golf for everyone participating in both.

TopGolf will start at 7:00 on Thursday PM. If there are some stragglers it should not be an issue.

For the Friday PM Round, I am going to book everyone at SunRidge Canyon. It's a fantastic track and less then 8 miles from We-Ko-Pa. Should prevent any issues with those making the Friday Meet & Greet.

For the Monday AM round I will leave that to Spivey to handle right now as it's just him and wubears71. If it grows we can make formal arrangements.

Obviously don't know the schedule, but would be interested in some bonus holes or top golf (most likely) when everything wraps on sunday as my flight isn't until 11:30. Assuming will have a few hours to kill. If anyone is in the same boat, let me know.

Based on the number of people so far (11), I am going to request to schedule an event at Top Golf to get bays reserved from 7:00 to 11:00. We need a minimum of 12 and will acomodate more as needed.

Thanks a ton for doing this Fup! very nice of you to take time from your own life to set things up for us.

First round at Top Golf is on me!

Back