luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
I play with a four-some every week and usually shoot on average around 92-94 during my outing with the foursome. But when I go out and play a solo round during a time that's not so busy and I can play slowly I then shoot about an 87 with an occasional 83. Even had a couple of 78's while playing solo. But it definitely is more fun scoring higher while playing in my foursome.
In other words, I have the ability to score lower, but it's not that often that I get a solo round in.

I play with a four-some every week and usually shoot on average around 92-94 during my outing with the foursome. But when I go out and play a solo round during a time that's not so busy and I can play slowly I then shoot about an 87 with an occasional 83. Even had a couple of 78's while playing solo. But it definitely is more fun scoring higher while playing in my foursome.
In other words, I have the ability to score lower, but it's not that often that I get a solo round in.

You play slower as a solo than when in a 4 some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would prefer to shoot 92-94 with the same foursome/buddies every week than shoot 87 by myself.

My observation is that the "social side of golf", meaning sometimes too much talking among a foursome, can harm scoring.

I tend to score better when playing solo as well. Just able to focus a little more and not worried about anyone but yourself. But it's WAY more fun to go out with a buddy or 3.

Some people count differently when playing solo....

Kidding aside, I'm the same way!

I tend to shoot lower when alone as well. I can stay in my mind and in the moment.

I do enjoy the social aspects of golf though.

I tend to score better when playing solo as well. Just able to focus a little more and not worried about anyone but yourself. But it's WAY more fun to go out with a buddy or 3.

I am the exact opposite I score awful when playing alone. I need some kind of game to keep me focused

I am the exact opposite I score awful when playing alone. I need some kind of game to keep me focused

I get that. I love playing games. Put a little pressure on people and it's fun to watch what happens

This, I want the competition aspect of it.

When I play alone, I play faster, get into a rhythm and play better. But if I get stuck behind others, my game suffers. On the other hand, I enjoy playing with my golf buddies, even if my score isn't as good. The social interaction is good for my soul.

When i play alone and course is not that busy i also get in a groove and usually play better. However my best round i have ever had was in a foursome.

You play slower as a solo than when in a 4 some?

Absolutely

If I was to play as slow in my four some as I do when solo my golf partners would get a bit upset with me taking so long

Some people count differently when playing solo....

Kidding aside, I'm the same way!

When I'm playing solo and keeping score, the only person I'm playing against is myself, and I want to know if I'm showing any signs of improvement. To not properly keep score would be to cheat myself.

I get that. I love playing games. Put a little pressure on people and it's fun to watch what happens

I have a different mindset when playing. I don't try to put any pressure on my playing partners or try to see if I can win any hole or a match. The only person I try to put pressure on is myself to see if I can do what I envision in my mind for each shot.

When I play alone, I play faster, get into a rhythm and play better. But if I get stuck behind others, my game suffers. On the other hand, I enjoy playing with my golf buddies, even if my score isn't as good. The social interaction is good for my soul.

I play so slow when playing solo that I find I'm never pushing anyone, not even foursomes in front of me. It's more likely that I have to let twosomes and threesomes behind me play through.

I would prefer to shoot 92-94 with the same foursome/buddies every week than shoot 87 by myself.

I am of the same mindset

My last two PBs were alone but afterward, I did play close to those scores with others.

I'd rather have achieved them with others, though. I do think that I concentrate more on my game when solo.

I play solo quite a bit, usually score better, so long as I can play at a reasonable pace. Last solo round I played, front nine was a cruise, didn't catch anyone in front of me until the ninth, and shot 42. Back nine was complete opposite, I had caught everyone, all foursomes, and the pace was a crawl. Shot 46 on the back, but it felt like 50+.

I do prefer to play with others though, best with my regular partners, but usually have a pretty good time getting put with another group when I'm solo, meet some really good people that way.

One of my biggest fears is that I'll finally hit that elusive hole-in-one while playing solo, and no witness!!!

Scoring

I don’t discriminate. I shot equally as crappy with or without other golfers.

Actually I tend to score better around better golfers.

One of my biggest fears is that I'll finally hit that elusive hole-in-one while playing solo, and no witness!!!

Take a picture of your ball in the cup and show it to others - j/k

Back