The Quick Six: Srixon Tech

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At the 2019 PGA Merchandise Show, Srixon launched their 2019 Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV golf balls. We wanted to dive a little bit deeper into the technology and here is Jeff Brunski, from Srixon, for another episode of Quick Six.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/quick-six-srixon-z-star-z-star-xv-golf-balls/

Serm.jpg

Last edited:
Good informative Quick Six. I started using the New Z this week and the action into the greens has been pretty surprising to me given my past experiences and attempts with the line. Really eager for the XV to come in to try them as well.

Lots of good info in the article. Still liking the Q-Star Tour, great ball at a great price. I will try the Z-Star again though.

I've used the XV the most over the last 5+ years and I'm excited the try the new version. I'll be putting them in play this weekend.

Good informative Quick Six. I started using the New Z this week and the action into the greens has been pretty surprising to me given my past experiences and attempts with the line. Really eager for the XV to come in to try them as well.

Jman/JB,
How does the new Z-Star compare to the prior generation in terms of feel? Feel any firmer or softer? Or about the same? TIA.

Great information on the new line. Definitely want to give the Z Star a try. Have tried the last 3 or 4 generations and like them and the current generations sounds even better.

That is pretty exciting info! I’ve had a dozen of each for a bit now and just haven’t been able to give them much of a test run, now I’m chomping at the bit even more. The 1 round I have in with them I can say I saw a lot of positive things, but I’m still completely up in the air about which ball I’ll end up gaming.

Jman/JB,
How does the new Z-Star compare to the prior generation in terms of feel? Feel any firmer or softer? Or about the same? TIA.
Still quite soft for the z star. Pretty hard to distinguish for me. If anything I would say the new one feels ever so slightly softer on the cover and more firm off longer clubs.

Old xv was firmer than new xv across the board. New XV is the ball to beat for me.

Really interesting read.

I've never had issues with greenside spin using a Srixon, but I've definitely struggled to keep the cover in good shape while I play. Not so much the yellow, but definitely the white.

This caught my eye in terms of Spin with the new SeRM tech.

"It’s one of the biggest jumps in performance from one generation to the next that we’ve ever had with the Z-STAR series, we’re talking approximately +50-170rpm increase on approach spin".

The Z-Star has been my gamer for the last couple years. I'm really excited to try the new generation once the weather breaks and may even give ol yeller a chance as well.

Always been more of a Q Star Tour kind of guy, but I might try a sleeve of these. Definitiely interesting tech behind them.

I know the Golf Headquarters here has 6-Ball packs (White) in both the Z-Star & XV for $10 for anyone who may want to give these a try. I would assume that is a company wide deal. I picked up one of each just to compare the two.

It’s been a couple years since Srixons were my primary gamer, but I think 2019 will bring them back. At worst they will get a long look.

I like that he prefaced with “In general” how balls are designed for different swing speeds. The QST has worked well for me, but I’ve found a little more distance with their other tour balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great information in the Q6. The detail on the cover and thinness was definitely info that I didn’t know. Enjoyed both of these balls when I tested them.

Great information in the Q6. The detail on the cover and thinness was definitely info that I didn’t know. Enjoyed both of these balls when I tested them.

I found that pretty interesting myself.

Thanks for the read everybody, hope you got some good tech info.

Thanks for the read everybody, hope you got some good tech info.

Definitely, renewed my interest in the Z Star. After reviewing the XV for THP. I found the Z Star better for my game. I had moved on to the Truvis ball because I liked the looks and performance. I thought the Z Star and the Chrome Soft performed equally for me. I will be looking for these at the Golf Club when they show up, as I can buy just a sleeve to try out. Haven't seen this years version there yet.

Does the jump in performance also pertain to the Q-star Tour from the previous year's version?

Does the jump in performance also pertain to the Q-star Tour from the previous year's version?

No. Not necessarily as in the article you can see Jeff is referring to Slip Res.

No. Not necessarily as in the article you can see Jeff is referring to Slip Res.

Yeah I figured as much. I really like the Q-Star Tour ball.

BTW ... what irons are you playing now? Since it still says that you gave away your previous gamers.

Yeah I figured as much. I really like the Q-Star Tour ball.

BTW ... what irons are you playing now? Since it still says that you gave away your previous gamers.

Don’t know. Lots of testing to be done

Love the Quick Six. Srixon golf balls have been underrated a bit, but perform as good as any ball out there. Thanks for the information THP.

Back