Aldila NV Series Shafts

Never have played an Aldila shaft that I can recall. These look darn good.

Pretty pumped for the Dec of Dean @ddec to get this one in hand and start rocking and rolling.

Pretty pumped for the Dec of Dean @ddec to get this one in hand and start rocking and rolling.

Me too. Looks like my adapter and grip should get here today so I can throw together this combo perhaps this weekend.

Me too. Looks like my adapter and grip should get here today so I can throw together this combo perhaps this weekend.

Heeeeeeells to the yes. What grip you putting on it again?

Aldila NV Series Shafts

Heeeeeeells to the yes. What grip you putting on it again?

I'm going to try an mcc +4. No real reason outside of curiosity.

I'm going to try an mcc +4. No real reason outside of curiosity.

That’s right. I like them, love the reduced taper on wedges especially.

I have a couple of questions about these shafts. I didn't see this post before I started mine. Here goes:

Questions about Aldilia NV shafts

Last year I went to Club Champion and was fitted for a Aldila NV KXV Orange 75 s shaft for my Epic 3W. And I was fitted for a Oban Devotion 6 03 shaft for my Epic driver. I now have the means to get both of these shafts. But, Golfworks doesn't have the Orange 75 in stock. They have the 65 in stock. My question is: How much different is the 65 from the 75 in terms of performance? The price and time line for the 65 is much better than Golfworks ordering the 75 and doing the work. Also, they have an Aldila NV 2KXV Orange graphite hybrid shaft at a GREAT price. I'm thinking of getting one for my Epic 2h which I can NOT hit with any height or distance. What are your thoughts on my shaft thinking for my driver, 3W and my 2h?

pretty excited that this has come in. Now just waiting on my adapter for the Cortex driver, which should be here today or tomorrow after a shipping snafu. Meaning I can have this all set up for some time later this week/weekend. We still have an original NV shaft in the house as Nerfny used an 55 gram A flex in that for a while. Holding them side by side I aboslutely love how this one looks compared to that version. Little bit of tecture on this one up near the logo, and my first thought was had kind of a Matrix(the movie not the company) look to it. Anyway, excited to get this one going in the next few days.

pretty excited that this has come in. Now just waiting on my adapter for the Cortex driver, which should be here today or tomorrow after a shipping snafu. Meaning I can have this all set up for some time later this week/weekend. We still have an original NV shaft in the house as Nerfny used an 55 gram A flex in that for a while. Holding them side by side I aboslutely love how this one looks compared to that version. Little bit of tecture on this one up near the logo, and my first thought was had kind of a Matrix(the movie not the company) look to it. Anyway, excited to get this one going in the next few days.

Thats awesome, really cant wait to see how this one gets on profile wise.

How do these compare to the tour lines? (Green/blue)

This happened yesterday. Pretty excited to give it a rip.

1bbfbbc0fcd1fac163e734cbeb1dcb05.jpg

Man, that green is nostalgic.

The aesthetic update is fantastic.

fa8b28f0bc09fff57bec1582f0b0b580.jpg

Consecutive swings with solid results(for me).

i-ngnzBqS-L.jpg

i-KSZ79Qh-L.jpg

This was in play over the weekend for 3 of the 5 rounds and man I was seriously impressed with it at times. Just so nice and stable and really helped me keep the ball flight somewhat flatter.

I have the green installed in a rogue SZ 3 wood. Initial swings are very promising and can't wait to get it out on course.

I have the green installed in a rogue SZ 3 wood. Initial swings are very promising and can't wait to get it out on course.

I bet it would be a killer option for the 3w.

Who’s got one of these hybrid shafts in for review?

This guy.

New thread and pics either this evening or in the morning. Will be going into my 22* PING G400
I just finished reviewing, which should make data changes and comparisons a cinch.

Back