Western Oregon fitting

Chad D.

Reaction score
Handicap
Help please...

I’m still new to the game, and looking for some input on fitters in western Oregon. After playing somewhat regularly and investing in a handful of lessons, I imagine that I may be able to benefit from a real fitting.

When I bought my first clubs last year, I was briefly checked out for length and lie angle. All done by eyeballing. Shaft stiffness was selected the same way. I’m not unsatisfied with what I have, not am I feeling like I was underserved. I may have received exactly what I paid for...

My question is, where to go for a real fitting? I’m not against paying, especially if I don’t purchase clubs while being fitted. I just want to make sure that I am receiving as much info as I can before I decide if I’ll benefit from new equipment that is a little more dialed in to my specifics.

Locally, I have few options. The only real golf shop near me is Fiddler’s Green. I like this shop, and have had wonderful help from the owner. Equipment and accessories are priced well, and their selection is fantastic. They offer free fitting, but I do not know if this is more involved than what I received when I bought last year...

Also have a Dick’s Sporting goods, but I don’t imagine this would be my best option.

Two hours north is Portland, which I’m sure has more options. RedTail advertises heavily, but I’m unsure if there is much truth behind the hype...

Bend is 2 hours to the east. No clue about help over there.

Anyone have input or advice on where to go in my area? A couple hours travel is no biggie. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Help please...

I’m still new to the game, and looking for some input on fitters in western Oregon. After playing somewhat regularly and investing in a handful of lessons, I imagine that I may be able to benefit from a real fitting.

When I bought my first clubs last year, I was briefly checked out for length and lie angle. All done by eyeballing. Shaft stiffness was selected the same way. I’m not unsatisfied with what I have, not am I feeling like I was underserved. I may have received exactly what I paid for...

My question is, where to go for a real fitting? I’m not against paying, especially if I don’t purchase clubs while being fitted. I just want to make sure that I am receiving as much info as I can before I decide if I’ll benefit from new equipment that is a little more dialed in to my specifics.

Locally, I have few options. The only real golf shop near me is Fiddler’s Green. I like this shop, and have had wonderful help from the owner. Equipment and accessories are priced well, and their selection is fantastic. They offer free fitting, but I do not know if this is more involved than what I received when I bought last year...

Also have a Dick’s Sporting goods, but I don’t imagine this would be my best option.

Two hours north is Portland, which I’m sure has more options. RedTail advertises heavily, but I’m unsure if there is much truth behind the hype...

Bend is 2 hours to the east. No clue about help over there.

Anyone have input or advice on where to go in my area? A couple hours travel is no biggie. Thanks for any help!

Redtail is every bit worth the hype, they are fantastic. with that said, the golf show is right around the corner, every fitter will be there...might be worth the trip. Fiddlers Green, they have a great rep as well. One of the guys in my office is a plus cap, his fiancé is on the LPGA and they both speak highly of Fiddlers, he used to work with them I have no personal experience with them. However, here is the difference:

Fiddlers Green uses long time tried and true, "old school" methods is how Taylor called it.
Red Tail uses Trackman, state of the art.

Both are fantastic, comes down to what works for you

Thank you for the response! I didn’t feel super confident with the thoroughness of the help I received at Fid’s, so may call up to RedTail. Before I do, I’ll touch base with Fid’s to see if there may have been more that they could have done. Just seemed lacking to not have measured anything... I have no clue if I’m doing as well as I could, equipment-wise. Would be nice to see the results of trying different shaft options... With me being such a novice last summer, it’s a good possibility that they did t feel that further attention would benefit me. I didn’t know to ask, either.

Where is this golf show you speak of?

The Golf show is on Portland. https://www.portlandgolfshow.com/

If you were not happy with Fiddlers, I'd call and talk to Red Tail. I used to live North of Portland and that is were I would go.

If you make over to Bend and want to play let me know. We have a ton of courses over here.

They just opened a Club Champion in Tualatin. I would not consider anywhere besides ClubChampion and Redtail in the area.

Red Tail. They have good experienced fitters and everything you can hope to hit on site from nearly every manufacturer, ready for use in outside TrackMan machines.

edit: I just went to the Club Champion site. That's like 2 minutes from my house and I never knew they were there...must have just opened. Interesting.

The Golf show is on Portland. https://www.portlandgolfshow.com/

If you were not happy with Fiddlers, I'd call and talk to Red Tail. I used to live North of Portland and that is were I would go.

If you make over to Bend and want to play let me know. We have a ton of courses over here.

Dang! I’m all tied up that weekend. Between Ducks Women’s basketball Friday evening and Sunday, and volunteering at the Saltwater Sportsman Show in Salem on Saturday, I’m left with very little free time...

I like Fid’s as a store, but will give RedTail a call to chat about fitting.

I’d not turn down an opportunity to play a round in Bend. Tokatee is as close as I’ve gotten, and it was a blast.

Back