Howdy from Yewtah!

dannyka

Reaction score
Handicap
11.0 GHIN
Hi all,

I never did properly introduce myself here, so I guess I'll do it now.

I discovered THP when I started looking for iron sets earlier this summer. Read the great reviews, did some exploring, and came upon these forums. I joined up and started asking questions and I really appreciate the input and the people here. I hope to be able to contribute some meaningful posts... eventually. :smile-big:

My golfing history is short. I played my first 9 holes in July of 2008. My next outing (another 9 holes) was in late August, 2008. At that point I was hooked. Bought myself some cheap, err, inexpensive clubs and have been playing, practicing, and learning about golf ever since. Can't believe I waited this long. :bulgy-eyes:

Anyway, I'm a transplanted California-kid (okay, much older than a kid) and have been in Utah since 1992. Really enjoy the seasons here and you can't beat the quality and quantity of the golf courses.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome dannyka!

:welcome:

I too, use to live in Cali, specifically Anaheim. Been in Oregon ever since. You'll enjoy this forum - great, fun, friendly people, and lots of good information and insights.

Welcome to THP dannyka!

Welcome to THP, Dannyka!

:welcome:

Welcome, Danny. I can't say I've ever golfed in Utah, but we ski there a lot.

Welcome, Danny. I can't say I've ever golfed in Utah, but we ski there a lot.

Thanks! And good to hear you're helping to fuel our economy. :smile:

Where do you ski? I'll bet there's a good golf course nearby. Depending on when you ski, there's a chance you'd be able to get a round of golf in as well. :smile-big:

Thanks! And good to hear you're helping to fuel our economy. :smile:

Where do you ski? I'll bet there's a good golf course nearby. Depending on when you ski, there's a chance you'd be able to get a round of golf in as well. :smile-big:

Snowbird is our favorite, but we're also at Solitude most years. I love Alta, but my son has gone over to the dark side. So Hubby and I just ski over from Snowbird and spend a day there. This is all December and February, so golf isn't even in the equation.

Snowbird is our favorite, but we're also at Solitude most years. I love Alta, but my son has gone over to the dark side. So Hubby and I just ski over from Snowbird and spend a day there. This is all December and February, so golf isn't even in the equation.

I love all of those areas! Living less than 30 minutes from them doesn't hurt either. heh-heh (yes, I'm bragging here...)

Those months are kinda tough on golf in northern Utah, although I did get my last round in on Dec 6 last year.

I love all of those areas! Living less than 30 minutes from them doesn't hurt either. heh-heh (yes, I'm bragging here...)

Those months are kinda tough on golf in northern Utah, although I did get my last round in on Dec 6 last year.

Skiing and golf aren't supposed to overlap, but the hardest part of the year is those weeks after our Presidents' Day trip to Utah and the beginning of golf season. It's this horrible no man's land.

Back