Schanker

Reaction score
Handicap
Freddie,

Here's some video of my swing. I'm hitting the driver pretty well but would like to get to a positive angle of attack. I've been on a monitor a handful of times and I always have an attack angle between -3 to -1. Any drills or tips to help me be positive?
https://vimeo.com/156037201
https://vimeo.com/156037284

Thanks!
Tim

I'm no so much worried about you negative AoA. I'd like to know wha this negative AoA is causing your ball to do off the face. Since you've been a launch monitor I'm sure you have seen you launch angle, what is it? And what type of ball are you seeing, fade, straight or draw?

I'm no so much worried about you negative AoA. I'd like to know wha this negative AoA is causing your ball to do off the face. Since you've been a launch monitor I'm sure you have seen you launch angle, what is it? And what type of ball are you seeing, fade, straight or draw?

My negative AOA is causing 3500+ rpms of spin. I would say if I'm going to miss it is a slight fade. I do hit a lot of them pretty straight. With my irons I'm more likely to hit a draw.

I'm not sure of my launch angle. I'll see if I can find some data.

Maybe I'm focusing on the wrong thing. I just feel like I'm loosing distance because of the spin it's creating.

My negative AOA is causing 3500+ rpms of spin. I would say if I'm going to miss it is a slight fade. I do hit a lot of them pretty straight. With my irons I'm more likely to hit a draw.

I'm not sure of my launch angle. I'll see if I can find some data.

Maybe I'm focusing on the wrong thing. I just feel like I'm loosing distance because of the spin it's creating.

Well I would worry to much about the numbers you are seeing. There doesn't seem to be any glaring mis-hits. 3500 isn't a bad number in th grand scheme of things

But you did ask for some advice so to get rid of the neg aoa we need to get you striking the ball on the on the upswing. Try moving the ball a bit forward in your stance. This will promote and upward move into the ball. We also need to get you to operate behind the ball. Right now you are on top of the ball at impact. If like to see that head remain behind through impact. Still make you weight shift from right to left but keep the head back behind as the arms swing thru

Back