What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only went 9 because of the ridiculously slow play. Played the back 9 and birdied 18 to shoot 38.

48/44 for a rock solid 92 haha...oh man

Opening with a triple due to a water ball didn't help, as well as my +4 9 on a par 5 after trying to dance with some trees and losing multiple times. Oh well, actually better than some of the rounds to start the year last year.

39/37 from 6800 and a par 70

45/46 91 for the best round of the season so far. It's too bad though cuz it could have easily been low-mid 80's. Little bit more practice and it will get there!

36/40 76. I was -1 through 12 before going +5 on the last 6 holes like an idiot.

45/46 91 for the best round of the season so far. It's too bad though cuz it could have easily been low-mid 80's. Little bit more practice and it will get there!
Nice rounds dudes! Sorry I couldn't join you this week. Ridge or Canal?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

39-38 for a +5 77 from 6900 at Trilogy at Vistancia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something crappy couldn't get off the tee to save my life

A god awful 91, triple and 3 doubles. 43/48 I think

Don't know the course but that is a solid score man. Well done

Oh, just haaaaaad to throw 100 more yards on than me.

That's not bad at all dude. Especially for this early in the season. Well done man

the captain pointed something out on my swing with driver and 5w after that things changed and was hitting the ball well tee-green. After my first round disaster this was good to see

87: 41/46. 20-30 mph winds with stronger gusts. None of us could get anything going on the back 9. Felt good to play.

edit: picture from the day. I am the goofball sitting on the green in the background. I couldn't stop laughing. Pin was in the front on a very firm downhill slope. Any ball that did not go in the hole would roll down 10+ feet or off the green. Even uphill putts that missed came back.

IMG_0022.jpg

Last edited:
shot an 80 today for my inaugural round of 2016. Was a special round until my short game fell apart on hole 15. Still really satisfied with the round and ready to play again.

44/40=84 Front was horrible, found it on the back. Try again tomorrow but rain in the forecast. HC still heading in the right direction though.

36/36 first even par round on my course since moving to Kentucky. Missed 10 putts inside 20 feet. Lowest round on this course by 5 shots, and I have played about 50 rounds here.

Shot 41/47=88. I played 11 holes at even par. Obviously the rest weren't that good. Still a solid round on a pretty tough course. My putting definitely turned around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83 on a short par 71 (5689 yards). The other three guys were playing those tees and I'm not going to go play the back tees, especially when there's not that much difference between them anyway. I drove the ball well today and lost strokes on two hazards and getting stuck in an evergreen tree.

31 putts
6/12 FIR
8/18 GIR
2 birdies, 9 pars, 2 bogeys, 4 doubles, 1 triple

Played my first round of 2016 and shot an 83 at Rifle Creek GC. Pretty decent round considering we had to go straight to the first tee and that I hadnt touched a club since the fall. Made a few good swings, putted like crap, but only had one big number. Guy in my group shot a 68 (-4) with 2 eagles. Made every putt he looked at, it seemed. I wasnt expecting to play today so this was a great day, all around!

44/44-88

It was an extremely poor ball striking day on a tight tree lined course I'd never played before. Short game and course management saved me from triple digits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Shot 79 today with a double bogey on 18 -- Argh!!

Fairways - 12
Greens - 3
Putts - 27

As you can see, my driving, short game and putting are in great shape for this time of year.

I built a 14 degree driver and have been using it exclusively from the tee and long fairway shots. According to the simulators this winter, the 14 degree driver is 3 yards short of my 10.5 degree driver. On my two rounds this year I've hit 11 fairways and 12 fairways. Not sure why more golfers don't use a high lofted driver. The distance penalty is nothing compared to the accuracy improvement.

I was on the money with all my pitch and chip shots. I use a 6 iron whenever I'm close to the green unless there's an impediment that I have to up and over. For me, the 6 iron is just like putting.

The new Odyssey putter I bought last fall has been amazing. It's a sorcerer's wand. I pick my line, stand over the putt and let the putter put the ball near, or in, the hole.

Any time I have to swing an iron full, it gives me trouble. I hit one good 5 iron and one good 8 iron. If it weren't for the easy course I was playing today and my short game and putting, I would have had a lousy round.

Later,

John

Shot 79 today with a double bogey on 18 -- Argh!!

Fairways - 12
Greens - 3
Putts - 27

As you can see, my driving, short game and putting are in great shape for this time of year.

I built a 14 degree driver and have been using it exclusively from the tee and long fairway shots. According to the simulators this winter, the 14 degree driver is 3 yards short of my 10.5 degree driver. On my two rounds this year I've hit 11 fairways and 12 fairways. Not sure why more golfers don't use a high lofted driver. The distance penalty is nothing compared to the accuracy improvement.

I was on the money with all my pitch and chip shots. I use a 6 iron whenever I'm close to the green unless there's an impediment that I have to up and over. For me, the 6 iron is just like putting.

The new Odyssey putter I bought last fall has been amazing. It's a sorcerer's wand. I pick my line, stand over the putt and let the putter put the ball near, or in, the hole.

Any time I have to swing an iron full, it gives me trouble. I hit one good 5 iron and one good 8 iron. If it weren't for the easy course I was playing today and my short game and putting, I would have had a lousy round.

Later,

John
Nice round!
I'm also a huge believer in the high lofted driver.

shot an 80 today for my inaugural round of 2016. Was a special round until my short game fell apart on hole 15. Still really satisfied with the round and ready to play again.

Nice start to the season.

Some nice scores. I can't wait to get my season going.

42/51.... Golf is hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back